2013 Gear

Comments

• Think the story goes that he helped out another geezer change his tyre on said geezer's bike
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Cannondale kit to be unveiled on Saturday.

(I'm quite excited by that. Not sure why.)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    If a TdF champ walks into your bike shop and buys a new tyre 'cos his one is 'shredded' would you hand him the tyre and let him get on with it? No. You'd fit it yourself, treat him like royalty and hope to get some good publicity for the shop.
  • Think the story goes that he helped out another geezer change his tyre on said geezer's bike

From FF's story, he needed a new tyre and the 'geezer' needed some air in his tyres.
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    If a TdF champ walks into your bike shop and buys a new tyre 'cos his one is 'shredded' would you hand him the tyre and let him get on with it? No. You'd fit it yourself, treat him like royalty and hope to get some good publicity for the shop.

Actually, good point. I would ask him if he wanted it fitted, if he did, I would charge him for it! :D
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Rapha Condor JLT bike and kit:

811.jpg

806.jpg

Switched to Campag Record EPS from Shimano this year.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    They need a stem colour change on that Condor frame. White is not right.
  • They need a stem colour change on that Condor frame. White is not right.

And then add some white bar tape?
  • mroli wrote:

811.jpg

806.jpg

Swoon! That's smashing.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Anything British, you guys all over it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • And anything Spanish and you're all over it like a fly with 2 day-old paella

:)
  • Anything British, you guys all over it.

That bike reeks of Italy! The tyres let it down – should be Vittoria.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    mroli wrote:

811.jpg

806.jpg

Swoon! That's smashing.

That
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179

Come on Frenchie, I'd have thought that would be up your street. Fairly restrained except for the Boras. A little bit of pink on the frame as with previous versions would have been nice. The team kit is about the only one I would consider buying purely because it doesn't look like the usual lycra billboard.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    It does look pretty nice to be fair
  • Any sign of Madison/Genesis kit yet?
  • frenchfighter
    Pross wrote:

Come on Frenchie, I'd have thought that would be up your street. Fairly restrained except for the Boras. A little bit of pink on the frame as with previous versions would have been nice. The team kit is about the only one I would consider buying purely because it doesn't look like the usual lycra billboard.

Oh, it is a nice bike I agree. I just don't get how if anything British gets posted then people are all over themselves commenting. There are 100s of photos on here with worse and nicer bikes and they get few responses. I don't mind it per se, just can't associate with it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    And then add some white bar tape?

^ This TBH.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

Oh, it is a nice bike I agree. I just don't get how if anything British gets posted then people are all over themselves commenting. There are 100s of photos on here with worse and nicer bikes and they get few responses. I don't mind it per se, just can't associate with it.

I'd like it and comment no matter whether it was British or not. There's been plenty of people fawning over the other pro kit I like - Colombia Coldeportes. I'm still not sure which of the Wilier photos is their team version though, the first one that you posted was too garish for my taste but the subsequent toned down picture was very nice. Most pro team kit looks crap in my opinion.
  • frenchfighter
    Liz Hatch riding for Zannata

270268_472456062819452_945815627_n.jpg

http://www.cycleliveplus-zannata.be/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Has she ever actually won a bike race or is she just employed for the publicity she gets for her looks?
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    Pross wrote:
    Has she ever actually won a bike race or is she just employed for the publicity she gets for her looks?

Who cares? At least she has her kit on in this photo :roll:
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469

Prefer her in the 'kit' in the Maxim shoot..
  • EightOhEight
    EightOhEight Posts: 170
    edited July 2014

For a moment I thought this was another of those awful !!!! adverts with the dodgy tart.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570

i think its because britain appears to be the only country in the world capable of producing a kit with a degree of class and sophistication. i suppose we are the world leaders in most things "taste" so it isn't surprising.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I really can't wait to see the Madison-Genesis bike, and it'd be the same if they weren't a British team/manufacturer I likes metal bikes.

On the subject of the Rapha bike, colour scheme is better than most but the shape is a bit meh. If only we could teach the Italians to tone down their paint schemes we'd be on to a winner.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Kit wise nothing takes my fancy apart from the Blanco kit as it is simple and different (don't fancy the typeface though)
    Blanco-Pro-Cycling-Kit.jpg

Bike wise, also not so great, but these are fine:
    getimage.aspx?Code=7eb7c036-fcd9-45e1-9b14-5d9bb22848e0&width=800&height=600&ResizeMode=Fix
    europcar.jpg
    movistar.jpg
    cannondale.jpg
    (without the decals)
    207681_307451119372946_1172747473_n.jpg
    (without stupid tape)

AG2R's bike however is total class for me:
    Teambike%20AG2R.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440

AG2R's bike however is total class for me:
    Teambike%20AG2R.jpg

YES!

That said, I quite like the brown shorts too.

That colnago int too bad either.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • frenchfighter
    They should make kit as classy as this:
    524679_4528876458941_1940622474_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest