2013 Gear

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    brettjmcc wrote:
    Same deal on the Dales this year too. The wheels/decals will make the Supersix Evo look $hite IMO

Do they? Which model? I thought most of them came with Mavic wheels where you can remove the stickers from the wheels if you want to.

cannondale.jpg

May not be the official race bike but it looks like it could be.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Hmm, good point. Do not like! :(
  • frenchfighter
    Don't see PT on this jersey

A_wNjhbCUAAamyo_zpsb7d7500d.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250

Only one team on Mavic wheels, perhaps a sad reflection of how much the commercial "partnerships" (read ownership!) of Shimano, SRAM and Campag now dominate the peleton.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Who are team Colombia?

Coldeportes. Judging by the team kit, I was expecting these Williers to be some of the nicest looking bikes this year. Upsetting.

Who the hell are Coldeportes??
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Did you not watch the Giro Del Trentino Rick?!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Who are team Colombia?

Coldeportes. Judging by the team kit, I was expecting these Williers to be some of the nicest looking bikes this year. Upsetting.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Last year they had the nicest kit in pro-cycling.

They also have a few promising climbing talents for the future.

They did most Italian classics last year but no GT's - they are likely to get invites to at least 2 od the three this year.

And if you see anybody cycling around in this, then it's likely to be me: 2012-colombia-coldeportes-short-sleeve-bib-set-10_8.jpg
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Who are team Colombia?

The door to your frezer?? Are they a fridge company like SMEG? (SMEG, that's another name which is giggle-inducing in English speaking countries)
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Who are team Colombia?

They did most Italian classics last year but no GT's - they are likely to get invites to at least 2 od the three this year.

And if you see anybody cycling around in this, then it's likely to be me: 2012-colombia-coldeportes-short-sleeve-bib-set-10_8.jpg

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – it’s the best kit on two wheels (well apart from the Belgium National Team kit that is). I can get myself some togs now that it sports Wilier!
  • LeicesterLad
    Who are team Colombia?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – it’s the best kit on two wheels (well apart from the Belgium National Team kit that is). I can get myself some togs now that it sports Wilier!

Shame about the giant White stripe in the middle of the new 2013 kit though. :(
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    brettjmcc wrote:
    Same deal on the Dales this year too. The wheels/decals will make the Supersix Evo look $hite IMO

Cannondale's look shite anyway. They're all about function over form...
  • EKIMIKE wrote:
    Cannondale's look shite anyway. They're all about function over form...

Preferable to form over function...
  • rick_chasey

I did, but a) I was ironing when I was and b) I was mainly preoccupied with seeing how someone my size fares in the pro peloton.
  • LeicesterLad

I did, but a) I was ironing when I was and b) I was mainly preoccupied with seeing how someone my size fares in the pro peloton.

Then you should have had your eyes on Coldeportes. They are all extremely tiny.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    f47bf1a855e811e2890a22000a1fbc9a_7.jpg

Who's the guy on the right?

What kit is that he's wearing?.....Cannondale seem to have a different kit for all their teams in different disciplines
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    French writer, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, "You know you have reached perfection in design, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to be taken away."
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Who are team Colombia?

C'mon man.

Night And Day? Let's Do It? I Get A Kick Out Of You?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Then you should have had your eyes on Coldeportes. They are all extremely tiny.
    Last time I rode up Box Hill - Nov I think it was, there were 7 or 8 Coldeportes clad riders ahead of me. The riders were all small, but a bit more stocky than your average pro-rider. I held back initially thinking "no way am I taking on a pro-team", but they were meandering, so I put my head down and went for it. Felt someone on my wheel about half way up and "buried" myself only to be taken by one just before the cafe.

The kit looks great going past both ways.

Oh and it defo wasn't a pro team - just a bunch of (maybe S American) mates that had all got the kit, but they certainly "looked" pro....

In 2013 kit news - Lampre are going to be kitted out by Champ Sys - a big move for them - I've got some charity kit that was done by them and some sponsored shorts and it'll have to be a significant step-up from that...
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    mroli wrote:

In 2013 kit news - Lampre are going to be kitted out by Champ Sys - a big move for them - I've got some charity kit that was done by them and some sponsored shorts and it'll have to be a significant step-up from that...

It will probably just be re-branded kit. Like most pro kit stuff is.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    f47bf1a855e811e2890a22000a1fbc9a_7.jpg

Who's the guy on the right?

What kit is that he's wearing?.....Cannondale seem to have a different kit for all their teams in different disciplines

Can't determine the rider but it's cannondale cyclocross kit. I hope cannondale Road take up the kit. It's lovely.
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • frenchfighter
    cav+1.jpg
    cav+2.jpg
    bardiani.jpg
    roman.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-05-08-44-21.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • As my 6 yr old said, "where's Cav going to put the child seat and the bikes? Perhaps his wife will drive the people carrier."
  • frenchfighter
    Speedplay and Nikes on this rider:

speedplay.JPG
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    Are the Mickey Mouse ears on his back a new aerodynamic feature?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • calmx5
    calmx5 Posts: 230
    What the hell are those things?
  • inkyfingers
    calmx5 wrote:
    What the hell are those things?

Gloves.
  • Speedplay and Nikes on this rider:

speedplay.JPG

It's Peter Kennaugh, the clue is on the side of his jersey. :D
  • rick_chasey
    They should make names on the side and back of jersey compulsary.
  • inkyfingers
    They should make names on the side and back of jersey compulsary.

I agree.