At what point can i start blaming wiggle?

124»

Comments

• spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    oh im not letting city link off the hook. ive replied to the customer service person who emailed me this morning with some more information so its waiting game again.

it may well be a standard response but it also highlights to me that they get so many complaints that they just fob them off so it strengthens my will to never use them again. i forget that sarcasm doesnt cross well into the written form.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,677
    I reckon if Wiggle are reading this, they are secretly pleased. After all, you freely admit you very very very very very very rarely ever get best price from them, and in fact only bought something because (you think) they made a LOSS on the sale. They delivered it anyway, got abused, paid you back 6 pounds for the privilege of your hissy fit, and yet SOMEHOW, you still think they will be sad to lose you as a Customer?

Sheesh. Talk about self-inflated ego. Get over yourself. Wiggle will be high-fiving each other at the result here.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Jesus, talk about first world problems. :roll:

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Sorry Spasypaddy - you're having a toys out of the pram moment!

Bottom line is everyone wants everything cheap and now. Next day postage is never going to be a guarantee at that sort of price. The only guarantee is a refund if they don't deliver on time.

Ultimately, you had no contingiency. You wanted something by the weekend and didn't plan far enough ahead to guarantee you'd get it. If you'd placed the order on the Monday, it would have been a fair complaint but you waited until Thursday. If you'd wanted it guaranteed next day you should have had it couriered but setups like Wiggle probably don't want to get caught up in that sort of stuff - they are about bulk order processing and keeping it simple.

Basically, if it was so important to you that it absolutely had to be there for Friday you should have found a company that would have agreed to courier the item for you. But that would have probably cost more for both the item and the delivery. You chose the cheaper option and paid the price. Anything more than saying 'curses, curses, that didn't work out' is overkill IMO. :wink:

And if you carry on like this, there'll be no-one left for you to buy anything from at all!! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i spent the money on next day delivery. its just the driver decided not to deliver it.

i also asked you a question elsewhere on the forum! go find it
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    spasypaddy wrote:
    i spent the money on next day delivery. its just the driver decided not to deliver it.

i also asked you a question elsewhere on the forum! go find it

Oh goody! Do I get a prize if I find it? :D
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Big_Paul
    Big_Paul Posts: 277
    Here's the odd thing, I ordered a set of pads off Wiggle on Sunday night, unchecked the "Priority Dispatch" as I wasn't paying £3.99 for something I wasn't in a panic for. Got the confirmation e-mail saying it would be 3 working days.

They came this morning via Royal Mail.

The moral of the story is, use normal dispatch and you'll get the stuff quicker and save £3.99! :D
    Disc Trucker
    Kona Ute
    Rockrider 8.1
    Evil Resident
    Day 01 Disc
    Viking Derwent Tandem
    Planet X London Road
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,960
    Has anyone suggested one of these yet?

Link
  • MJF01
    MJF01 Posts: 9
    Your reaction seems ridiculously disproportionate to the service failure. I fear for you if something genuinely serious happens to you. You'll explode.

Perhaps the delivery driver had an emergency and he had to go home. Maybe there was an RTA. Who really knows?
    Why not give them the benefit of the doubt this time? Have you ever got something wrong?

Always found Wiggle service to be excellent. Always opt for free shipping, more often than not it arrives next day.
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    I haven't ordered from Wiggle for over a year (not due to any issues, just haven't needed anything) but when I did order from them I would always use the first class post option with non-priority despatch and would nine times out of ten get the bits the next day!
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    On the subject of couriers, I just bought another Alpkit gamma headtorch (this time for my wife) and once again Alpkit were very good at letting me know the progress of the order (emails at every stage of the process form order acceptance to dispatch). A new thing is that this time I also got an email from the Royal Mail telling me that they had delivered the item (which they had).

Also, the local post office is less than a mile from my house.
  • Big_Paul
    Big_Paul Posts: 277
    I also think Wiggle should do away with Tangfastics and go back to Starmix! Tangfastics are the work of the devil! :twisted:
    Disc Trucker
    Kona Ute
    Rockrider 8.1
    Evil Resident
    Day 01 Disc
    Viking Derwent Tandem
    Planet X London Road
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Big_Paul wrote:
    I also think Wiggle should do away with Tangfastics and go back to Starmix! Tangfastics are the work of the devil! :twisted:

BURN HIM!
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Two bags of harribo in my last order, they must have heard my praises in here :lol:
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I wonder if wiggle realise their idea has spread. I got a new graphics card last week and it also included a little pack of tangfastics.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Just received half a dozen things from Wiggle.

NO HARIBO!
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    dhope wrote:

NO HARIBO!
    NOOOOO!!!!! I trust you will never order from the charlatans again.
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    No Haribo in my last wiggle box either :-(

It was part shipped though, the 'Bo better be in the other box....
  • dhope wrote:

NO HARIBO!

Unlucky! I got some!

A bit of praise for Wiggle: Ordered Wednesday night, it all turned up Friday (free delivery)

I then emailed them about my DHB Pro bib-shorts, the elastic in the right leg has come away after a couple of months use. Emailed me back the same day saying I could send them back for free and get a refund.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Veronese68 wrote:
    dhope wrote:

NO HARIBO!
    NOOOOO!!!!! I trust you will never order from the charlatans again.
    Daddy0 wrote:
    No Haribo in my last wiggle box either :-(

It was part shipped though, the 'Bo better be in the other box....

Whoops, stand down people.

I didn't buy from Wiggle, it was Evans. I guess I'll let them off... this time.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I had better get some in the package I am waiting for and it better get colder so I can wear them
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    Paul E wrote:
    I had better get some in the package I am waiting for and it better get colder so I can wear them
    How many Haribo do you need to wear to keep you warm? You must be absolutely tiny, can't see that they'd be very breathable.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    iPete wrote:
    can't really blame wiggle for this one
    Of course he can
    1/ Matter of principle
    2/ They choose to use the courier that is well known for offering the most rubbish service known this side of the Wells Fargo express who at least had the excuse that the 'injuns' (Native Americans) were killing their staff.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.