At what point can i start blaming wiggle?

spasypaddy
spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
edited November 2012 in Commuting chat
Ordered something yesterday. Next day delivery.

So should be here today.

Its not past 4.30pm and knowing what time the city link guy normally gets here its pretty obvious he isnt coming today.

I needed these things for this weekend.

Can i blame wiggle?

If it doesnt come today can i refuse delivery for it to be sent back to wiggle for a refund as i will no longer require it?

Comments

• ShandyH
    ShandyH Posts: 555
    I think you have to order it by 2pm.
  • Blame them from the point they chose to use Sh...City Link. I don't order from Wiggle for this reason and this reason alone.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    Much as I want to tell you to blame Wiggle experience tells me it could well be the carrier. Have you got a tracking number? If so, check the status online. But you should be able to reject the delivery and get it sent back, just check that fits in with their returns policies.
  • spasypaddy
    it says its still out for delivery.

it was ordered at 10am yesterday.

I dont need to refuse delivery as they use collect+ which i can use to send the stuff back for free.

tracking history
    26/10/12 07:51 These goods have been loaded onto a van for delivery today.
    26/10/12 04:01 These goods have successfully arrived at the Depot ready for delivery.
    25/10/12 19:38 These goods have been scanned at the collection Depot and are now on route to the delivery Depot.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    If it says it's on the van it may be worth giving them a call. They may just tell you it's not late until 6pm. Depends on who you get on the phone, they might try to contact the driver.
    We use 3 courier companies and different ones are good for different areas depending on the local depot.
  • spasypaddy
    i tried that, but didnt get anywhere. i'll try again
  • spasypaddy
    this has just this second been added to the site
    26/10/12 00:00 The driver was not able to deliver these goods as the address details are incorrect/incomplete.

now im fuming. absolutely fuming.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Are they the usual address details on your wiggle account, sounds like he couldn't be arsed and has knocked off early, I would be fuming too
  • JamesB5446
    JamesB5446 Posts: 471
    edited October 2012
    Got a card on the mat when I got in from Shitty Link, gf had ordered something from Wiggle. 10 mins on hold, tried to enter the code on the card into their website, doesn't exist.

Oh, and the driver had ticked the box saying they'd deliver it the next day (Mon-Fri).
  • spasypaddy
    yes. im looking at my details and they are correct. Its a £300 order.
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Paul E wrote:
    Are they the usual address details on your wiggle account, sounds like he couldn't be arsed and has knocked off early, I would be fuming too

This is all too common i'm afraid.

:(

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • spasypaddy
    cant even begin to tell you how furious i am.

15mins on hold so far.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    worst case you may be able to collect from the depot in a few hours
  • spasypaddy
    thats not good enough. i paid £6 for next day delivery. I live nowhere near my office. The depot nearest my office is even further from my house. I dont drive.

Absolutely disgusting.

and how the fuck would i know if its at a depot for collection?
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    can't really blame wiggle for this one

it'll say on the website when and where, note that the delivery depots are usual in orrible places that are very unpleasant to cycle to, been there done that!
  • spasypaddy
    im not going to hatfield to get it.

simple as that.

been on hold for 30mins now.

ive emailed wiggle to tell them i will never spend money with them again.

Why do i always get fucked over when ordering stuff, see rapha thread last week for reference.
  • ctc
    ctc Posts: 232
    I hate it when I get a sh..city link delivery.
    Will require a signature unless instructed by the sender, so no chance by the time you get their card saying they'll deliver again next day
    Depot is in South Oxfordshire so takes at least 30 mins to get there
  • spasypaddy
    and i can and will blame wiggle.

they choose to use a courier that is renowned for its flakiness and inability to actually deliver.
  • Usually use the cheapest option from Wiggle for delivery. Very often arrives next day. City Link from other non cycling purchases have been dreadful,

Have you rung City Link? Sounds like a driver who wants Friday afternoon in the pub. Certainly worthwhile letting Wiggle know about the poor service from City Link, Wiggle seem to have done their part of things.
  • spasypaddy
    ive sent a complaint email to wiggle.

ive started the returns process with them citing the lack of delivery today as the reason i want a return.

ive been on hold for 50mins now to city link.

ive sent an email complaint to city link saying i know who the driver is and he knows the delivery address as he delivers every day and i want him disciplined.

and im pretty sure wiggle know how shit city link is but they are cheap which is why they use them.

ive just made a decision to spend more money in future than use a company that delivers via city link. i will never receive a package by them again.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    iPete wrote:
    can't really blame wiggle for this one

it'll say on the website when and where, note that the delivery depots are usual in orrible places that are very unpleasant to cycle to, been there done that!

But they could use a decent courier.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    spasypaddy wrote:
    and i can and will blame wiggle.

they choose to use a courier that is renowned for its flakiness and inability to actually deliver.

And you can and did choose to use a shop that chose and used a courier renowned for its flakiness.

It's City Link being crap as usual, but if it's Wiggle's fault then it's yours too
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I would say as compensation they deliver to your home tomorrow, get wiggle onto it, I bet they have people there round the clock
  • Gawd I hate customers like this... I hate ranting emails about couriers not perfroming - I want my money back I want it tomorrow (Saturday). If you want a quality delivery service you need to pay more than £5.99 (althought I would say Wiggle make a tidy profit on that at least 40%)

I know how you feel but having been on the other end of people ordering something on Thursday that they MUST have before Saturday I used to hate answering email Friday afternoon, Saturday morning.

In fact if they sent a message I need this for the weekend I used to instantly refund.

As for City Link they are tunrning in to the next Yodel. I think thay have just taken on more from Amazon, they also got rid of the customer service that were based at each depot and moved to regional CS units, who do not know what they are doing.

They also (along with business post) use one of the most outdated parcel systems I have ever seen, no centre hub etc

But I use them cause they are by far the cheapest...
  • 'But I use them cause they are by far the cheapest' Summed up in a single sentence. Hats!
    'fool'
  • Big_Paul
    Big_Paul Posts: 277
    The thing is, if you pay for next day delivery, you should get it next day, end of story no matter what price you pay, last stuff I got from Wiggle was delivered by City Link, if I had known this i would have ordered elsewhere due to City Link's total lack of any attempt to deliver. The guy simply did not turn up. According to the website he tried to deliver at 17:42. I had stayed on to 6pm and there was no card left. I even checked the CCTV to see if I missed him, but no sign of him.

I ended up having to borrow the guv'nor's jeep to go out to their depot which is 10 miles out of town so any money I saved by buying from Wiggle was wiped out by fuel and postage costs.
    Disc Trucker
    Kona Ute
    Rockrider 8.1
    Evil Resident
    Day 01 Disc
    Viking Derwent Tandem
    Planet X London Road
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Big_Paul wrote:
    any money I saved by buying from Wiggle was wiped out by fuel and postage costs.
    Why do you think you were able to save money in the first place? Because they have a shitty cheap delivery company in part, so they scrimp on that and you save a few quid. You get what you pay for
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Never had a problem with wiggle deliveries, but it's been a while (june) since I last ordered, always the free option though. Have they only just started using city link or is it the next day stuff only?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    spasypaddy wrote:
    ive sent a complaint email to wiggle.

ive started the returns process with them citing the lack of delivery today as the reason i want a return.

ive been on hold for 50mins now to city link.

ive sent an email complaint to city link saying i know who the driver is and he knows the delivery address as he delivers every day and i want him disciplined.

and im pretty sure wiggle know how shoot city link is but they are cheap which is why they use them.

ive just made a decision to spend more money in future than use a company that delivers via city link. i will never receive a package by them again.
    Very much sympathise with you. Has happened to me so many times that the last time I was waiting on a delivery, I pre-empted the possibility of them not turning up and at 3pm started phoning up their customer services every 15 mins informing them that I was at home staring out the window this very minute but no delivery van had yet turned up. The woman on the line got so fed up of me ringing she eventually sent a text message to the driver reminding them that delivery was still being expected and that somebody was waiting (and pestering her). Driver finally turned up just before 6pm on the Friday. I swear he was looking a bit pi ssed off as he probably intended to dump my delivery back at the depot and knock off early.

Of course, it doesn't help in your case that they won't even pick up the phone!
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    spasypaddy wrote:
    ive sent an email complaint to city link saying i know who the driver is and he knows the delivery address as he delivers every day and i want him disciplined otherwise i'll D-lock the f*cker!
    FTFY