Non-iron shirts

Comments

• graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    Last week I'd I was seeing ads for shaving.

Now it's ads for people trying to sell me red trousers.

I blame you Rick.

Me too. Mr Porter can "F" Off! :o
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    coriordan wrote:
    Well the website doesn't work and given that you are even thinner than me, you'll need to go tailored/extra slim fit (don't worry, they won't shrink wrap you - 'slim' fit will be like a tent, especially behind the armpits).

I just bought a white non iron and a white normal one and the non-iron one is still showing creases having taken it out the packet this morning. I wouldn't say it feels particularly 'premium' compared to normal shirts I have (the Hawes/Curtis white shirt I have is luxury, by comparison), but certainly isn't giving my skin any complaints.

I presume you got the Groupon? Go and try some on.

Wearing a jumper in the office is cheating.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

I blame you Rick.

Embrace the coloured trou.

Red, Blue, Green,even mustard if you've got balls and the junk to back it up.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,314

I blame you Rick.

Embrace the coloured trou.

Red, Blue, Green,even mustard if you've got balls and the junk to back it up.

Now that's just mean...
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • coriordan wrote:
    A friend of mine was pulled aside by his boss, wearing a non-iron shirt and he said
    "NEVER come in to work again having not ironed your shirt"

Are there really people around like that? Think I'd tell 'em to stick their job where the sun don't shine if I was spoken to like that.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    on Non-iron shirts, i find that the sweat sticks to them alot more. Really hard to wash it all out.

So, after 6 months, the shirt pongs once up to room temperature.

Me and my sweaty pits.....
  • ctc
    ctc Posts: 232
    +1 on the eagle creek folder
    I found that rolling etc still left them quite crumpled, but the folder was great.

I also agree about jumper/cardy. This week I've not had to iron any shirts....
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I wear a jumper over my shirts. My shirts are never ironed.

This ^^^^

And in the sumer I go topless
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • What's the chances of anyone knowing......would an Eagle Creek 15" folder fit in an Orlieb FRONT Roller Classic????
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    edited October 2012
    What's the chances of anyone knowing......would an Eagle Creek 15" folder fit in an Orlieb FRONT Roller Classic????

Probably not
    It just fits in my Deuter Race which is 43x23x13. The Ortleib is more boxy 30x25x14
    The folder is 38x25

Maybe if you left the top open, or had it at an angle, or curved it slightly.

If you work in Bank you could grab mine for a min
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • cyclingprop
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I wear a jumper over my shirts. My shirts are never ironed.

Do they come with baby sick for no extra charge?
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    if you do get tyrwhitt shirts, get the ultra slim (tailored) ones - the slim are the same as other peoples big so the regular must be like bl00dy milletts
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    FFS you don't need to waste money on a shirt folder. Follow instructions on my post on first page of this thread, (classic fold and roll) and your tyrwhitt non irons will come out of your rucksack pannier messenger bag etc like they've just dropped off the ironing board.

definately get the slim fit, unless you're a bit of a lard arse.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • dhope wrote:
    What's the chances of anyone knowing......would an Eagle Creek 15" folder fit in an Orlieb FRONT Roller Classic????

Probably not
    It just fits in my Deuter Race which is 43x23x13. The Ortleib is more boxy 30x25x14
    The folder is 38x25

Maybe if you left the top open, or had it at an angle, or curved it slightly.

If you work in Bank you could grab mine for a min

Mmm, I agree I would have to leave the top open. Thanks for that. I work near Brentwood so a trial fit wouldn't be poss, thanks for the offer though.

Might look for a single rear Ortlieb Roller on eBay...
  • t4tomo wrote:
    FFS you don't need to waste money on a shirt folder.

I know but I have excess cash to burn and like STUFF.
  • dhope
    t4tomo wrote:
    FFS you don't need to waste money on a shirt folder. Follow instructions on my post on first page of this thread, (classic fold and roll) and your tyrwhitt non irons will come out of your rucksack pannier messenger bag etc like they've just dropped off the ironing board.

definitely get the slim fit, unless you're a bit of a lard ars*.
    Tried that and tried the folder. Prefer the folder, especially as the Deuter Race is on the small side so if I'm chucking much else in then the thing is fit to burst.

And +1 on the tailored vs slim fit. Slim is pretty baggy and I'm not exactly Rick Chasey proportions
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    coriordan wrote:
    A friend of mine was pulled aside by his boss, wearing a non-iron shirt and he said

Are there really people around like that? Think I'd tell 'em to stick their job where the sun don't shine if I was spoken to like that.

I'd iron his FACE.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • cyclingprop
    Ben6899 wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

I'd iron his FACE.

I'm the kind of person who notices if you look a mess in the office. Including unpolished shoes. Just saying.
  • dhope
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rick_chasey
    Well I had a look at them in the shop after I signed my contract (:D) and TBH, I couldn't tell the difference between the iron and non-iron in terms of look, and Charles Tyrwhitt have more sizes and designs i like in the non-iron, so I'll just go for those.

Might have to invest in a packing thing anyway, but will see.
  • I've got a cheap dry sack which I now use to organise my work clothes. I'm sure it isn't as efficeint at reducing creases as a proper folder but it is a lot better than the carrier bags I used before.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Ben6899 wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

I'd iron his FACE.

I'm the kind of person who notices if you look a mess in the office. Including unpolished shoes. Just saying.

Me too. I'm a complete clothes snob. BUT I'd never act like such a w@nker as coriordan's mate's boss. I look after myself and let others worry about their own clothing.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • cyclingprop
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

I'd iron his FACE.

Me too. I'm a complete clothes snob. BUT I'd never act like such a w@nker as coriordan's mate's boss. I look after myself and let others worry about their own clothing.

Yep. First rule of being taken seriously in the professional services industry is to at least care about your own stuff - why would a customer trust you to look after their business if you don't look after your own things?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well an update.

Turns out last time I wasn't wearing the non iron one, but am today. It looks absolutely fine - perhaps up close not quite as nice as a 'premium' cotton one from H&C/TML/CT which isn't non iron, but you'd be pressed to notice.

I took it out the packet this morning after the commute and was a bit worried about the number of creases on the body and arms, but sitting here after an 1 1/2 hours, all the creases have disappeared and I only have a faint square on the front from the folds. Also, the 33 sleeve is a bit longer than the 33 sleeve from H&C which is ideal as they were just a touch short.

It does feel a bit different, but that may change after a couple of washes. Maybe its just me, but it also feels a bit warmer.
    All in all, well worth the £15 quid with the Groupon voucher which came up last weekend
  • tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    coriordan wrote:

...which isn't non iron, but you'd be pressed to notice.

Top punning.
  • tetm wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

Top punning.

Leave him alone. He's only letting off steam. :roll:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    tetm wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

Top punning.

Have we come to a conclusion? I'm board of this thread now.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    tetm wrote:
    tetm wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    Top punning.

These puns have me (but not my shirt) in creases
  • rick_chasey
    tetm wrote:
    tetm wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

Top punning.

Stop getting so shirty.
  • cyclingprop
    tetm wrote:
    tetm wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

Top punning.

Stop getting so shirty.

Haven't you changed your name to Rick Creasey yet?