Genuine question for Frenchie

13»

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Dave_1 wrote:
    I note down in the clinic there is some speculation as to whether rider 16 is Alberto Contador. Any views?
    The general view is that 16 is Popovych
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    RichN95 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    I note down in the clinic there is some speculation as to whether rider 16 is Alberto Contador. Any views?

Is there some where to get either a good summery or a linkt other actual USADA document?

I'm missing out on all this chat.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    RichN95 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Is there some where to get either a good summery or a linkt other actual USADA document?

I'm not sure what you mean or what you know, but in the witness statements, which you can read here: http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/ there are many names of riders and 'others' redacted and designated a number and people have naturally been trying to work out who they are.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Thanks for that.

I left before USADA gave all the information to the UCI and gave it to the public. I caught a big general gist in Gazzeta which was more or less as we expected, but the nitty gritty details of who said what were seems quite interesting - though it may not be once you know it ;).
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    What's the deal with Bertagnolli's testimony? He never rode on USPS / Discovery so I can't figure out how he fits in. I know he was a Ferrari client, but so were dozens of others. Why him specifically?
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Do you want the actual docs & affidavits?

http://cyclinginvestigation.usada.org/

Check out the notary at the bottom of Levi's :-)
  • Do you want the actual docs & affidavits?

I like how they are not scanned in straight! :D
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Do you want the actual docs & affidavits?

I like how they are not scanned in straight! :D

The formatting on the USADA doc was horrendous. I told you they were struggling with new 'Word'. 2000 pages sounds impressive until you see the size of their margins!

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    From 2011

"Contador is the strongest rider I've ever had on my team, and that applies in comparison with Tyler Hamilton, Ivan Basso, Carlos Sastre, and Andy Schleck. Alberto is of the same caliber as Eddy Merckx, Lance Armstrong, Bernard Hinault, and Miguel Indurain," said Riis to Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"He's a fantastic climber, because he's simply an animal in the mountains, and in the time trials, he manages to almost pull off the same power."
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,454
    So Riis is basically saying that Contador is stronger than convicted dopers Ivan Basso and Tyler Hamilton, and comparable to convicted drugs cheats Lance Armstrong and Eddy Merckx.

I'm glad he's not on my side.
  • twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    I'm hoping that at some point Bruyneel will spill his guts and as well as US postal and Discovery we'll get the truth about what went on at Astana. If that happened it might not be too good for Steak Boy