Your Fav' Real Ales

124»

Comments

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Another for my list of good bottled ales. Hogs Back Brewery - HOP Garden Gold. Very nice session ale this one with as the name suggests a hoppy smooth taste, slightly sweet in my opinion, no bitter after notes. 4 for a fiver in ASDA at Bournemouth, so for those along the central south area good value for money and worth stocking up for Xmas.

HogsBackHopGardenGold.jpg
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Having the joules brewery & pub at the top of my road means I have to stay loyal / p1553d
  • mr_goo
    + Timothy Taylors Landlord. Only ever had once before on draught, but the bottled version is quite good indeed.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    The Bear at Alderwasley-Timothy Taylors Landlord AND Jaipur on draught-like choosing a favourite child.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • This brewery revolution is amazing as it has completely opened up my taste to new types of beer. Especially hoppy ones. However:

London Pride
    Landlord
    TEA
    Any Westerham beer.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    TT Landlord
    Snecklifter
    TEA
    Betty Scroggs
    Green Bullet
    Beachcomber or Reel Ale.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    did anyone see 'great british food revival' on bbc2 last night, with that loathesome bloody chef woman, angela hartnett, the silly cow was trying to introduce real ales to women, good god, whatever next, WOMEN, know your limits!!
  • symo wrote:
    TT Landlord
    Snecklifter
    TEA
    Betty Scroggs
    Green Bullet
    Beachcomber or Reel Ale.

snecklifter tastes like bromide, stuff they gave troops to prevent 'front end lifting'
  • pease
    pease Posts: 150
    Hmm where do I start .

Summer lightning is a great summer evening drink. Other favourites include :
    Robinsons - old tom
    Moorland - old crafty hen
    leffe blonde
    Brewdog - punk ipa
    Brewdog - black Tokyo horizon (amazing beer from three great brewers )
    Old thumper
    Meantime - London porter
    Innis and gun - rum finish
    Southern tier - 2x stout
    Southern tier - ipa

I highly recommended the cask pub and kitchen in Pimlico it serves hundreds of great beers from all over the world including sour brew . Next target is the brewdog pub...
    Insert witty signature here
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    coriordan wrote:
    Ringwood Best. St Austell Tribute.

mmmm Tribute I might have had several myself this evening and a few more shortly mmmm
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • mr_goo
    pease wrote:
    Hmm where do I start .

Summer lightning is a great summer evening drink. Other favourites include :
    Robinsons - old tom
    Moorland - old crafty hen
    leffe blonde
    Brewdog - punk ipa
    Brewdog - black Tokyo horizon (amazing beer from three great brewers )
    Old thumper
    Meantime - London porter
    Innis and gun - rum finish
    Southern tier - 2x stout
    Southern tier - ipa

I highly recommended the cask pub and kitchen in Pimlico it serves hundreds of great beers from all over the world including sour brew . Next target is the brewdog pub...

Good Choices there.
    Leffe Blonde is great. Also like the Brune, quite heady stuff. Hoegaarden Wheat beer is also very nice, especially chilled and quaffed on a nice warm evening. Not that we' ve had many this year.
  • mr_goo
    Had this tonight,, now selling at local Tesco. Really nice bitter/sweet ale, good session beer.

liquidgold_img1.jpg
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    pease wrote:
    Robinsons - old tom

You used to need a note from your mum to get more than half a pint of this when I was young and Robbies was the local brewery. Pleased to have discovered it's now in bottles and available in Asda here in Nottingham.
  • Mmm...Robbos Old Tom
    Plenty of of north Wales ' boozers refused to do the full pint...

Anyhow... Sharps' connossieuor collection is ace and well recommended. The honey spice triple 10% is to die for.

Happy imbibing boys n' gals :wink:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • mr_goo
    New one to try for all you southern based real ale lovers.
    DorsetPiddleLittleWilly.jpg