Aldi Cycling gear 27th Sept

13»

Comments

• Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    Ifg you are looking for wine at Aldi the best red is called torro locco something, in tests it beat bottles of wine costing £30 plus.
  • You're quite right Paul E.

Sneaked in tonight for some winter tights and dirt cheap LED's to use as a back up. Left with 3 bottles of Toro Loco. £3.59 a pop. My mate at work only told me about it today, and the girl in the store said I was really lucky to grab some, when it goes on the shelf it's gone in a flash.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Went in monday evening, having already made my target purchases of gloves and socks on thursday.

Still had lots of soft shells left, so finally decided to get one (there is always people on here praising the aldi one, and soft shells in general.)

BL00DY H3LL, WHAT A GREAT PIECE OF KIT FOR £16. £16!!!!!!

i can see it is going to get some serious use this winter!!!!
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    PBo wrote:
    Went in monday evening, having already made my target purchases of gloves and socks on thursday.

Still had lots of soft shells left, so finally decided to get one (there is always people on here praising the aldi one, and soft shells in general.)

I have both the Winter and lighet Softshell and i can concour - great value for money!
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rubertoe wrote:
    PBo wrote:

I have both the Winter and lighet Softshell and i can concour - great value for money!

+1, I've said it more than once: Aldi's jackets are superb for any price.
  • wod1
    wod1 Posts: 61
    I got the winter tops, they seem to be very good for the money. I would prefer a top zip rather than a side zip but only a small detail. I bought small but found it big for small. For the tops the front zip is longer than some of the other team kit I have, what is the reason for this?
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Went back again last night and got another winter top and a soft shell. Loads left in Reading...

For £9 the winter top is incredible.

I did have to get Medium though, which is weird as I am either XL or XXL for cycling stuff normally!
  • Update: I bought the Waterproof/Winter jacket a few weeks ago. It got soaked on the way home last night, but I didn't. Excellent value.