Wiltshire wildlife 1 cyclists 0

Comments

• Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Ouch. I can't believe that your first instinct was to get on here and post about it! Still, if you're silly enough to ask us lot for advice, bring on the pictures. Prize to the best diagnosis?
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • Wrath Rob wrote:
    Ouch. I can't believe that your first instinct was to get on here and post about it! Still, if you're silly enough to ask us lot for advice, bring on the pictures. Prize to the best diagnosis?

I bagsie "hitadeeritus" :mrgreen:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    sue the estate owner for failing to keep control of his deer - I'm being serious - their deer caused you injury and damage to your bike.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Had a number of close calls with their Berkshire cousins recently. Scary stuff. Hope the damage isn't too serious - particularly if that's your drinking arm.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Wrath Rob wrote:

Antlerracknophobia?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Hopefully ITB has got off his haunch and gone to A&E.
  • I would suggest NOT turning up to A&E with an orange and a plastic bag... just saying.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Greg T wrote:
    pangolin wrote:
    1328003993_56187.jpg

Oh Good Christ Man . . . .

Whatever have you done?

magnet-head-elk.jpg

Is that some kind of homage to the stuffed elk head?

Was it one of these?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Doen't ask us for help, getting yourself to A&E is a good ideer.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    t4tomo wrote:
    sue the estate owner for failing to keep control of his deer - I'm being serious - their deer caused you injury and damage to your bike.

That's my fav response yet these are wild deer they don't belong to an estate just farmland, lots of common land and small holdings, tiz the countryside init.

PS. The deer also want wearing a helmet
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    Just finished a three hour conf call with work think its time for a few more tramadol
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    itboffin wrote:
    Just finished a three hour conf call with work think its time for a few more tramadol

Not going to A&E then?
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • mate I would get to A&E, a few years back I thought I had sprained my wrist, after a month pain was still there, had a couple of xrays and then told I was booked in surgery that afternoon to have a screw fitted into my wrist as one of the small bones was fractured and crumbling!!
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • itboffin
    rubertoe wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Not going to A&E then?

Yes but pain dictates the need for relief
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    itboffin wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Not going to A&E then?

Not with your wrist I wouldn't have thought...
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    Shame you don't have a helmet cam - that would have been one of the few that I would have watched :D

You didn't take my advice for a 10am A&E trip then? The longer you leave it the more boozey A&E will become!
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    mrc1 wrote:
    The longer you leave it the more boozey A&E will become!

Don't mention booze to him. You know he'll just combine his Tramadol with some real ale, get bladdered, fall over and break something else and end up joining the other boozed up casualties in A&E
  • cambs
    cambs Posts: 235
    Oof, bad luck Boffin hope you recover soon. I'd go with the advice to get ot checked out soon.
    mate I would get to A&E, a few years back I thought I had sprained my wrist, after a month pain was still there, had a couple of xrays and then told I was booked in surgery that afternoon to have a screw fitted into my wrist as one of the small bones was fractured and crumbling!!

This is the worry, a broken scaphiod may not heal at all. If it disintegrates you'll need metal rods put in your wrist to support it.
  • itboffin wrote:
    rubertoe wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Not going to A&E then?

I would think with a broken wrist, relief is the last thing you'll get
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • free-aveda-hand-relief.jpg

For best result, take the top off.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Has he gone yet ? Best get in the queue before the drunks turn up later !
  • iclestu
    iclestu Posts: 503
    Methinks people who are prone to avoiding seeking medical attention for thier injuries shouldn't be allowed to just keep prescription painkillers lying around :)

Gotta love those tramadol sweats!
    FCN 7: Dawes Galaxy Ultra 2012 - sofa-like comfort to eat up the miles

Reserve: 2010 Boardman CX Pro
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    @ITB - please can you stop faffing around with drugs and post some photos?

Honestly, some people only ever think about themselves...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I avoid seeking medical attention at all costs, but when a wrist bone is likely broken then off you trot for an x-ray fella. It's not like a finger that you can just tape or a rib you can ignore.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    SimonAH wrote:
    I avoid seeking medical attention at all costs, but when a wrist bone is likely broken then off you trot for an x-ray fella. It's not like a finger that you can just tape or a rib you can ignore.
    His wrist may not be broken; until he posts photos we can't tell...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • TGOTB wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:
    His wrist may not be broken; until he posts photos we can't tell...

True, I'd heard that slightly limp look to his wrist was an occupational hazard.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    [serious]
    haven't you gotta be careful with wrist injuries as it can damage nerves etc causing tingly/ numb fingers?
    [/serious]

pictures or it didnt happen
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Never mind the dislocated shoulder.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    fossyant wrote:
    Never mind the dislocated shoulder.

i have lapse joints in both my arms so they dislocate literally all of the time, should really get em sorted......
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • itboffin
    Whilst I'm happy to show pics of my baby smooth legs there's no chance of pics of my arse appearing on this forum