Wiltshire wildlife 1 cyclists 0

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited September 2012 in Commuting chat
Yup finally one of the local deer took their revenge and ran right into my front wheel this evening, it would be easier to list the bits of me that don't hurt right now, bikes a bit of a mess too :'(

I defo have a dislocated shoulder again, and some angry road rash, a lump just below the elbow that looks like bone ditto on my right hand, fingers also not so great.

Garmin stopped working but that might just need turning off and on.
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• Ouch, is the bike OK, and are you eating venison tonight?
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • You should try Hackney. There's kamikaze barclay bikes riders everywhere.

Jokes aside, rest up well.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Whoa! I always knew that Bambi was a psycho killer - anything that cute has an agenda.

Get fixed quick dude.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • itboffin
    Ta folks time to neck a couple of tramadol washed down with with beer and bed
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Fuuuuck.

Sounds like a shitter.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    Ouch. You have my sympathy. Deer do worry me, stupid unpredictable beasties with pointy bits.
    Heal well.
  • Was it the deer, or Fenton that did the most damage?
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • itboffin
    What the hell is Fenton?
  • What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • I was chatting with someone 2 weeks ago as we passed a 'danger deer' sign and we pondered whether a deer would be stupid enough to crash into something relatively slow....eek...now we have our answer - hope you heal soon.....oh and venison is nice with a nice brandy sauce :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Bloody deer - don't pay road tax, no insurance.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    If only it had been a bit more agile
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvCOiFcWNHE
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Bloody deer - don't pay road tax, no insurance.

They should be registered.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • <steeples fingers>

The first field test of my robotic deer has proceeded most excellently ...

<smiles from below the eyes>
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • jejv
    jejv Posts: 566
    If you had a bike like GregT, you'd be stuffing the freezer & eating bleu sirloin in pepper sauce by now.

Get yerself checked out.
  • Was it the deer, or Fenton that did the most damage?

I love you !!

Hope you heal well dude
    Specialized FSR XC Comp
    Scott Speedster S55
  • itboffin
    Well the tramadol worked a treat after a good nights sleep seems my wrist came off worst, utter agony if I try and lift anything.
  • Glad your walking wounded, and to be honest there will be some milage in wrist jokes!

Get your self checked out though easy enough to tweak stuff.
  • itboffin
    I can't bare the thought of wasting a day in A&E I'm pretty sure nothings broken I wonder if a trip to my GP would suffice?
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    The GP would have no eye deer if anything was broken unless you get a proper x-ray though
  • Doubt it, your GP will just send you to A&E anyway, because, that's where you should be.

Get well soon.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Trip to A&E for you my boy. If your struggling to lift your wrist you have probably broken something.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    do you have "walk in" clinics close to you boffin?

Salisbury clinic

might be quicker than A+E

oh an were you wearing a helmet? if you wern't you could have been killed to death!!
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    itboffin wrote:
    I can't bare the thought of wasting a day in A&E I'm pretty sure nothings broken I wonder if a trip to my GP would suffice?

Now might be a good time to chance it - before the weekend brings all the clumsy alcohol induced breakages in. I got in and out in about 3 hours when I went.

I share your pain - sort of. I once did the same though I was driving at the time! Did a lot of damage to the car but the deer came off worse (I'd assume the deer regarded ending up on plates at the Loch Maree Hotel as a bad outcome).
    Faster than a tent.......
  • itboffin
    We used to have an a&e right here in Marlborough but they closed it, nearest now is Swindon.

One doesn't wear a helmet one wears a little cap which thankfully matched my outfit just perfectly for the occasion is black n white castelli with a hint of blood red.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Limp wrist you say? Thought that was a long standing complaint.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Hit by wildlife ?
    Oh deer :-(
    Still, at least you managed so stag-ger home....I hope you got lots of fawn-ing attention from your wife...

I'll stop !

Go to A&E.
    Mrs. FB works in Reading A&E...I'll warn her you need the "special" treatment ;-)
    Misguided Idealist
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    Bloody deer, bet it didn't have any lights on! They don't even have insurance you know. I'm writing to the Daily Mail about this.

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    You obviously should go to A&E, but if you decide not to, post pictures here and let us diagnose you.

More importantly, and can't believe anyone's asked yet, how's the bike?

2 Tramadol?!? Any good dreams?
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    TGOTB wrote:
    You obviously should go to A&E, but if you decide not to, post pictures here and let us diagnose you.

Oh. This!!!

Without seeing any pictures, I'm going to diagnose a fractured wrist. Any more for any more?

Edit: Get well soon, and yes, you really do have to go to A&E.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.