Thank you BBC (and chrisbl4)!

Comments

• wormo
    wormo Posts: 30
    I watched something a few weeks ago with CB who said the same thing and said the gov need to stop designing towns/cities based around the car and trying to squeeze the rest of us in. Bikes and public transport first. It might have been the cycle show but can't remember.
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    I mentioned about CB being eloquent and sensible after he was on the news following Bradley Wiggins helmet comments following the death of the cyclist at the Olympics.

He is precisely why a bit of media training is rather useful - he gets his points across without alienating either side.
  • Thought it took some balls to take on the helmet question directly and turn it around like that. Need to think of a more natural analogy than the street massacre / bullet-proof vest, though!

Have you seen the BC justice campaign he's supporting on improving actions of courts in cases involving cyclists? Write to your MP if you can.
  • Other than what he said on strict liability vs segregated cycling infrastructure (see here http://www.aviewfromthecyclepath.com/se ... 0liability) he was spot on.

Good lad.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    msmancunia wrote:
    Pulled clip off autorot (internal system)

Interesting... You'll have to clue me in about that. Don't think I've heard of autorot. I do have a redux account - not that I've ever actually used it...
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Agent57 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    Pulled clip off autorot (internal system)

Interesting... You'll have to clue me in about that. Don't think I've heard of autorot. I do have a redux account - not that I've ever actually used it...

Yeah I have a Redux one but forgot the password. Autorot is just on gateway - can't believe how easy it was!

Nearly let on to you the other day but it was first thing and you were folding up your foldie and I'm not the most talkative person first thing in the morning. I'll out myself one of these days :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • stunningly good from Chris B. It wasn't his intention but I hope he flogs a few more of his bikes on the back of that piece
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    He's done it again! Hero.
  • Ah - Mrs MRS was saying that there was a very eloquent cyclist on - she has no interest in cycling but was captured by his measured and eloquent manner - top job, Mr B (and, consequently said, that if she ever got a bike, it would be a Boardman just based upon the interview... :roll: :wink: )
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Ah - Mrs MRS was saying that there was a very eloquent cyclist on - she has no interest in cycling but was captured by his measured and eloquent manner - top job, Mr B (and, consequently said, that if she ever got a bike, it would be a Boardman just based upon the interview... :roll: :wink: )

Talk her into getting an Air 9.8 that is just slightly to big, but will fit you perfectly. :wink:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    phy2sll2 wrote:
    He's done it again! Hero.
    I heard him on the Radio 4 PM show on the way home last night (in the car :( ). Chris Boardman and Kaya Burgess (from The Times Cities fit for cycling campaign) were interviewed by Eddie Mair.

You can listen to the broadcast online for the next week, the slot about cycle safety starts at 33m 45s.

Best regards
    David
    Boardman CX Team
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Top job MsMancunia.

Great interview - and as previously said nice deflection of idiot questions.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Thanks for posting.

Perfectly argued by CB.
    exercise.png
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Any videos of this morning's stint on Breakfast?
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Graeme_S wrote:
    MsManc to the rescue again?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    Graeme_S wrote:

It was pretty good: CB doing his voice-of-reason-it's-not-actually-dangerous-but-is-perceived-as-such-which-is-still-a-problem bit, and a road engineer pointing out that there wasn't any intrinsic reason why we couldn't bring in better infrastructure - mostly a case of a lack of political will, leading to a lack of funding. Not too many daft texts and emails read out either, which made a nice change.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Graeme_S wrote:

Is this the one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jaHH8YR7Pg

EDIT: Sorry, that was Wednesday's....
  • graeme_s-2
    EDIT: Sorry, that was Wednesday's....
    Actually it was the one from September (which is why the thread was started) - appreciate the effort though :).
  • msmancunia
    Is there something you need from this morning's? If so, can you tell me what, and what time roughly it was on? I'll try and get it on later - boss will be in a meeting :)
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    msmancunia wrote:
    Is there something you need from this morning's? If so, can you tell me what, and what time roughly it was on? I'll try and get it on later - boss will be in a meeting :)

I think it was about 7.45 -8.00 this morning on Breakfast.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • msmancunia
    Here you go. Don't tell me I don't do anything for you lot....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbvHgbeE ... e=youtu.be
  • msmancunia wrote:

Thank you. Makes a pleasant change from the usual adversarial crap, diversionary arguments and general ranting that is the cornerstone of these tabloid TV debates .
  • msmancunia wrote:

Brilliant - thanks so much MsM!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • graeme_s-2
    Thanks MsM - really appreciate it.
  • graeme_s-2
    Can we just make CB UK cycling czar and bung him a couple of billion quid to spend on cycling provision now please?
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    msmancunia wrote:

Thanks!

I thought his answer to the question about cyclists riding two abreast was brilliant.
  • bigbarofdairymilk? :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    bigbarofdairymilk? :lol:

PinotGand20marlborolights would have been better!

:lol:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    notsoblue wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:

Thanks!

I thought his answer to the question about cyclists riding two abreast was brilliant.

But surprisingly he didn't instantly know the legal status of 2 abreast. But he's still a great asset for UK cycling when we need TV airplay.
  • msmancunia
    rubertoe wrote:
    bigbarofdairymilk? :lol:

PinotGand20marlborolights would have been better!

:lol:

PinotG20marlborolightsandabigbarofdairymilk is probably the ultimate. My idea of a hot date....