Vaughters confesses for others

13»

Comments

• Thanks for the SteveTillford link. Sounds all perfectly believable for me. I hope Tom D gets roasted big time. Huge shame on Vaughters for taking on this out and out doper who probably still doped during Garmin.

Why do these US riders love to dope. Are there any clean riders from the past out of the US apart from the amazing Le Mond?! that have managed to do something.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • And LOL to the mention of Horner. Another one who was doped to the gills? Let him be lit up too if so.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Thanks for the SteveTillford link. Sounds all perfectly believable for me. I hope Tom D gets roasted big time. Huge shame on Vaughters for taking on this out and out doper who probably still doped during Garmin.

Why do these US riders love to dope. Are there any clean riders from the past out of the US apart from the amazing Le Mond?! that have managed to do something.

FF - I really think you should steer clear of doping threads. Will you be providing a list of clean Spanish riders for us?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format

Any evidence at all for that? I think you should read the sticky about defamatory posts based on zero evidence.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Posted y'day in another thread, but more suited to this topic:

McQuaid also asked the USADA to provide the UCI with three Garmin-Barracuda riders' files after their own team manager Jonathan Vaughters hinted this month that they had doped earlier in their careers.

"We need to see if Jonathan Vaughter's accusations have any substance so we can see if we take action against these riders," said McQuaid.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/ ... 1Z20120907

Any evidence at all for that? I think you should read the sticky about defamatory posts based on zero evidence.

Yes and Contador is clean as the driven snow :roll:

I reckon Julich might have been clean, I don't recall his name ever being associated with doping (although he has ridden for Motorola, Cofidis & CSC...)
  • skylla
    Edit: ignore
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Thanks for the SteveTillford link. Sounds all perfectly believable for me. I hope Tom D gets roasted big time. Huge shame on Vaughters for taking on this out and out doper who probably still doped during Garmin.

The Americans dope no more than anyone else. Best doing docs are Italian, best systems are Spanish

I doubt TD doped on Garmin. Tillford is an arse
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Steve who? Never heard anything of him in 25 years following the sport..and I don't agree with him. While Vaughters has made some controversial decisions this past year or so, he is one that should stay on and fix this joke of a sport.
  • skylla
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Steve who? Never heard anything of him in 25 years following the sport..and I don't agree with him. While Vaughters has made some controversial decisions this past year or so, he is one that should stay on and fix this joke of a sport.

But isn't that his point? He [claims he] was beaten by the guys doing the PEDs and thus wasn't able to contract with euro-teams?
  • skylla wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

But isn't that his point? He [claims he] was beaten by the guys doing the PEDs and thus wasn't able to contract with euro-teams?

Just sounds like a bitch to me. Basically, if he's right then Danielson is doping at Garmin.

If, on the other hand, some of the commentators below the article are right, TD wasn't actually shit at all as a kid and made believable improvements.

I know who I'm more inclined to believe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    skylla wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

If that's his point, then it's a bad one. This Tilford character is 51. That means that when EPO came along he was already the sorry side of 30. He's lost out on nothing.

He's 18 years older than Danielson. So either he was beating up a teenager and then got the hump later when the beatings were returned, or he is asking us to believe that someone capable of a GT top ten finish (doped or not) was unable to compete clean with the great Steve Tilford even when he was in his 40s - he's that good.

The improvements he's asking us to believe belong in superhero comic books.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • I think what annoys me about that blog is that if he "knew" Danielson was cheating why did he never report it?

It also struck me after JV's "flat tyre" analogy that sending a young guy who doesn't cope well with pressure across the Atlantic to work for Ferreti.and then Bruyneel is almost tragic!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • skylla
    RichN95 wrote:
    skylla wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

If that's his point, then it's a bad one. This Tilford character is 51. That means that when EPO came along he was already the sorry side of 30. He's lost out on nothing.

He's 18 years older than Danielson. So either he was beating up a teenager and then got the hump later when the beatings were returned, or he is asking us to believe that someone capable of a GT top ten finish (doped or not) was unable to compete clean with the great Steve Tilford even when he was in his 40s - he's that good.

The improvements he's asking us to believe belong in superhero comic books.

You're right. Agreed.