Stupid idea?

1235»

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    pangolin wrote:
    Lol, you're being a muppet too Slowbike. Still failed to answer his question too.
    I answered his question - but he didn't like the reason behind it.
    He singularly failed to address any of the reasonable arguments for. Choosing to ask his rather repetitious question and demanding an impossible one word answer!
    Fact is - there is hardly any pavement on my commute - this seems to have passed him by.
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    To hopefully sum this up :roll:

Riding your bike on the pavement is illegal and you can get fined for it. That's the law.

However, the practicalities of the real world tend to give the following results:

1. A cyclist is briefly riding on a pavement. He is going at walking pace and giving absolute priority to pedestrians. A policeman spots him, but since he isn't annoying anyone, he lets it go.

2. A cyclist is riding on the pavement, weaving in and out of pedestrians at 15mph shouting "out of the way!". A copper spots him and halts him in his tracks. A stern b0llocking is given and also a ticket if the cyclist gets arsey.

That's how I'd expect things to happen, but even in scenario 1, the copper could fine the cyclist, and he would have absolutely no defence, as it is still illegal even if he is being careful.
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Yup. That's my take too. Although in 1 Id prob not ride if there were pedestrians there
    Are we done now?