Liggett re Armstrong

Comments

• Dave_1 wrote:
    lets get a commentator who talks about doping and drugs cheats all the time and he will win the forum opinion poll :D

One thing to talk about it to the exclusion of other things, another to talk about it only in the context of a national Authority being corrupt and libelling them and several anonymous witnesses with conspiracy theories.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Nothing like nailing your colours to the mast... We all love a partisan commentator...

Dont know if anyone has read this http://www.sportsscientists.com/ it's well worth it.
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    natrix wrote:
    In Phil's defence a US federal judge did state, “USADA’s conduct raises serious questions about whether its real interest in charging Armstrong is to combat doping, or if it is acting according to less noble motives.”

This is what will come of all this ... Someone at USADA will fall on their sword, Lance will carry on with likely more hits on his site and donations in the bank, 7 tours in his pocket ...

Meanwhile the world still turns ...
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    I'm quite sure having listened to that 'interview' that Phil Liggett posts in this forum.

I'm putting all my money on him not being Biking Bernie.

( I wonder if he does though?)

He's dennisn! Gotta be!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    bipedal wrote:
    I'm quite sure having listened to that 'interview' that Phil Liggett posts in this forum.

He's dennisn! Gotta be!

I'm Phil Ligget, and so is my wife.

Hate to disappoint you, but unless Ligget has gone to the extent of creating a fake Facebook profile and posting lots of pics of 'Nam then he isn't dennisn. :lol:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    bipedal wrote:

He's dennisn! Gotta be!

Hate to disappoint you, but unless Ligget has gone to the extent of creating a fake Facebook profile and posting lots of pics of 'Nam then he isn't dennisn. :lol:

You weren't there man.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Sherwan's financially involved with Armstrong since they both invested reasonably heavily into Sherwan's Dad's mine.

jeez.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2002/07/ ... -mine_2563

Was it Phil or Paul who said that [whilst sitting on LA's bed] they looked eachother in the eyes and LA said he never doped...
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Millar speaks on twitter.
    Everybody should watch the @PhilLiggett interview. For me he is not the "Voice of Cycling".”
  • Vaughters with customary wit

'@PhilLiggett...Yes, I lied about doping. I actually didnt dope. A bunch. And stuff...Yeah...That's the ticket!'
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    Nothing like nailing your colours to the mast... We all love a partisan commentator...

Dont know if anyone has read this http://www.sportsscientists.com/ it's well worth it.

excellent article!
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    bipedal wrote:

He's dennisn! Gotta be!

You weren't there man.

This isn't 'Nam, there are rules.
  • Everythings always a travesty with you man
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    MrTapir wrote:
    bipedal wrote:

He's dennisn! Gotta be!

You weren't there man.

This isn't 'Nam, there are rules.

Dennisn lives in Cheltenam? :?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • The CTC need to end thier association with this buffoon.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Bring Back David Duffield please at least he didnt go all yanky doodle dandy like the chuckle brothers Liggett & Sherwin.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited August 2012
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    He just comes across as an old man who's been forced to have an opinion about a hero of his.

I don't think there's much malice or particular intent either way.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    He just comes across as an old man who's been forced to have an opinion about a hero of his.

Sounds like my 90 year old gran when she talks about black people.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I don't know. It's always been easy to dismiss him as a mostly harmless bumbling buffoon who was just caught up in the Armstrong mystique, but that interview today was calculated, and slightly sinister.
  • Gazzetta67
    afx237vi wrote:

:D
    Sounds like my 90 year old gran when she talks about black people.

Love thy Neighbour early 70's :mrgreen:
  • Easy to see why this guy has a PhD and Liggett hasn't.................

Thats gotta be one of the best character assisinations I've ever read. Would hate to be on the wrong end of Ahsenden if he was a prosecuting lawyer.

I don't thin Liggett is going to ever recover from this.
  • Gazzetta67
    I'm sure their is a pic of Liggett on armstrongs private jet ....ok it's not a crime but would anyone else expect him to say the opposite on what he's said today.
  • thomthom
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    I'm sure their is a pic of Liggett on armstrongs private jet ....ok it's not a crime but would anyone else expect him to say the opposite on what he's said today.

5b9saq.jpg
  • ReesA
    ReesA Posts: 62
    ThomThom wrote:

boosh!
  • Gazzetta67
    ThomThom wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

5b9saq.jpg

Cheers Thom Thom knew i'd seen it before :D
  • Gazzetta67
    There must be a pic of Pat mcQuaid or verbruggen as well :D or is it just McQuaid's brother Darragh that gets ushered around in the radioshack car by bruyneel ??
  • ReesA
    ReesA Posts: 62
    A conspiracy that has infested cycling for over a decade. A conspiracy whose filthy tentacles still strangle sport today. A conspiracy that needs to be excised like a cancerous growth.

That line must have Kimmage chuckling and is a real red rag under LA's nose
  • Gazzetta67
    Would love to hear kimmage's response to liggett's outburst......it's really touching all these Fanboys coming out in support. merckx, Merckx junior, Bruyneel, Horner, Liggett, call me a cynic but there is a link developing here 8)
  • Turfle wrote:
    I don't know. It's always been easy to dismiss him as a mostly harmless bumbling buffoon who was just caught up in the Armstrong mystique, but that interview today was calculated, and slightly sinister.
    Maybe King Rat is calling in favours.
  • thomthom
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    There must be a pic of Pat mcQuaid or verbruggen as well :D or is it just McQuaid's brother Darragh that gets ushered around in the radioshack car by bruyneel ??

985y6d.jpg