this is it...finally off to the home with Liggett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJz4kwm9mXc

courtesy of the aptly-named Ballz Visual Radio

Comments

• (thanks to Inner Ring for that link)
  • Will.C
    Will.C Posts: 245
    Oh FFS. LOL.

Armstrongs #1 disciple regurgitating everything Lance says. Lost any sort of respect I may have had for him before.

What on earth is with this USADA's hidden agenda thing??? They're trying to catch one of the sports most high profile prolific drugs cheat with numerous witnesses coming forward with evidence against LA. Where's this hidden agenda? What a muppet.

Youtube comment - Phil Liggett has clearly been sniffing Armstrong's chamios for far too long.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,619
    I used to like Phil, but this interview is awful - I would go as far as career ending. It's one thing to commentate on the race never mentioning anything about the shady side, it is another to be Armstrong's PR man with a whole bunch of lies.

Anyway, the only accurate bit was when he said "it's filthy business". Yes, Phil, he was filthy business.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    What a clueless little man he has become. How he has that job he has every year I do not know.

I hope he will have to put proof to his serious allegations against USADA.

What a w***** he is.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    It's sad to see.
  • ThomThom wrote:
    What a clueless little man he has become. How he has that job he has every year I do not know.

I hope he will have to put proof to his serious allegations against USADA.

What a w***** he is.

Has he not just libelled several witnesses who names he cannot know and USADA?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    That's incredible!!
    exercise.png
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    What hope to get any leadership on the issue from the commentariat?
    Amongst many other incredible things he describes USADA as a "nefarious local drugs agency". He comes across as someone who just doesn't get it.
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    Ullrich and 'household drugs, like cocaine' :lol:
  • Tom Dean wrote:
    Ullrich and 'household drugs, like cocaine' :lol:

The Cillitbang of doping
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    dodgy wrote:
    It's sad to see.

Yeah that....I'm mean there really is nothing else that can be said!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    Time for some Mark Twain...
    "Faith is believing what you know ain't so".
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled".
    "The most outrageous lies that can be invented will find believers if a man only tells them with all his might".

Or, while shaking the head....
    "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand"
  • ddraver wrote:
    dodgy wrote:
    It's sad to see.

Yeah that....I'm mean there really is nothing else that can be said!

I haven't watched it yet, but is it in the same league as his Landis defence?
    Floyd is a man!
    I don't believe he would chea beacuse, you see, his parents are Menonites
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    Sherwan's financially involved with Armstrong since they both invested reasonably heavily into Sherwan's Dad's mine.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Someone who has grown up in the culture and obviously believes the propaganda machine
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I bet the ITV 4 TdF commentary box will have that faint whiff of retirement home ammonia next year. Hopefully he will be put on an intensive course of Sudoku to rally a few brain cells.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    I think Phil & Paul have been commentating to the USA public for so long now (nice wages, we know) that that interview is for their beloved stateside hero.
    He will have second thoughts when he returns to the real world.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • dortmunder
    dortmunder Posts: 101
    deejay wrote:
    I think Phil & Paul have been commentating to the USA public for so long now (nice wages, we know) that that interview is for their beloved stateside hero.

Yes, I've noticed how pro American they have been over the last few years. Sad really
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    What a scummy little man.

Nothing else to say on it.
  • deejay wrote:

He wont. This IS his 'real' world. Not only is he incredibly stupid but both he and Sherwan are financially tied to Armstrong, the lies and the whole shooting match.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    In Phil's defence a US federal judge did state, “USADA’s conduct raises serious questions about whether its real interest in charging Armstrong is to combat doping, or if it is acting according to less noble motives.”
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • The Phil & Paul Show has been funded by the Americans for nigh on 15 years. Their wagon was always closely hitched to the American star, Lance Armstrong. As LA's star rose, so did American audiences and the services of knowledgeable English-speaking commentators were in ever-greater demand.

Now several things could be at work - perhaps Phil knows which side his bread is buttered, and the fall of the USA's greatest cyclist will see US audiences implode (and his own workload shrink with it); it could be a whole lot less venal than that, and he is happy to present the side of the story that he knows his target audience wants to believe. Or it could be that he's been taken in by the Lance Armstrogy story himself, and has become a True Believer incapable of seeing the real picture.

This summer, having switched between ITV4's coverage of the Tour, the BBC's coverage of the Olympics, ITV4s coverage of the Vuelta and Eurosport's coverage of all of it, I cannot say that I'm impressed by *any* of the commentators. I found Phil and Paul funnier, though (both intentionally and unintentionally), so they get my vote despite all their (many) flaws.
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Well at least the Paxmanesque interviewer gave him a good grilling! :?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,538
    The Phil & Paul Show has been funded by the Americans for nigh on 15 years. Their wagon was always closely hitched to the American star, Lance Armstrong. As LA's star rose, so did American audiences and the services of knowledgeable English-speaking commentators were in ever-greater demand.

Now several things could be at work - perhaps Phil knows which side his bread is buttered, and the fall of the USA's greatest cyclist will see US audiences implode (and his own workload shrink with it); it could be a whole lot less venal than that, and he is happy to present the side of the story that he knows his target audience wants to believe. Or it could be that he's been taken in by the Lance Armstrogy story himself, and has become a True Believer incapable of seeing the real picture.

This summer, having switched between ITV4's coverage of the Tour, the BBC's coverage of the Olympics, ITV4s coverage of the Vuelta and Eurosport's coverage of all of it, I cannot say that I'm impressed by *any* of the commentators. I found Phil and Paul funnier, though (both intentionally and unintentionally), so they get my vote despite all their (many) flaws.

Yes, but why did Phil and Paul get work over there? (Sorry for the obvious comment :oops: )
  • Fucking hell.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Yellow Peril
    Has anyone ever seen Liggett and Armstrong in the same room together?...just askin'
    @JaunePeril

• I'm quite sure having listened to that 'interview' that Phil Liggett posts in this forum.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Has anyone ever seen Liggett and Armstrong in the same room together?...just askin'
    Nobody else would be allowed in that room or caravan because of his "Minders".

The joke of the media journo's is when they kept asking who the leader of the Astana team is.
    Normal people could see that the only thing he had of Astana was a team shirt. Liggett helped keep that rumour going.
    The bike was not Astana's or any equipment and he paid for his own (and his minders) Hotels.
    This being Tax deductible on the Livestrong budget.
    Therefore he was only a guest rider, invited by the team manager Bruyneel as they paid the sponsors to be there.
    Yes we know that half that team were his former cronies from his hey day team who were collecting money (during that Tour) in both pockets. :roll:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    lets get a commentator who talks about doping and drugs cheats all the time and he will win the forum opinion poll :D
  • Yellow Peril
    I'm quite sure having listened to that 'interview' that Phil Liggett posts in this forum.

I'm putting all my money on him not being Biking Bernie.

( I wonder if he does though?)
    @JaunePeril