I don't believe Lance Armstrong doped and never will

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited August 2012 in Pro race
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/19365234

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Lance Armstrong and this ridiculous witch hunt. Innocent until proven guilty, and to prove someone guilty you need the evidence. Where is the pee filled cup that proves without any measure of reasonable doubt that he doped!

Sure it is likely he did, it's probably likely - as i have always said - that he took extra doses of EPO under the guise of his cancer treatments.

In any case the none of the above matters, the fact remains that unless there is hard evidence - in the form of a sample - any number of people can say he doped or have claimed to have seen him dope, if you cannot prove it then he didn't.

#LeaveLanceAlone
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,736
    You're an..... if you think that.

Seriously.

Have you actually seen any of the evidence? Beyond what he himself is saying...

Edited...!!
  • rick_chasey
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Back to commuting please you tedious troll

• The holy sanctitiy of the internet must be preserved!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey

The holy sanctitiy of the internet must be preserved!

Quite.

Thems the rules.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    With politeness someone did challenge (the great) DDD to stick the post in Pro Race as well though - until I see the evidence I presume him innocent.....
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/19365234

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Lance Armstrong and this ridiculous witch hunt. Innocent until proven guilty, and to prove someone guilty you need the evidence. Where is the pee filled cup that proves without any measure of reasonable doubt that he doped!

Sure it is likely he did, it's probably likely - as i have always said - that he took extra doses of EPO under the guise of his cancer treatments.

In any case the none of the above matters, the fact remains that unless there is hard evidence - in the form of a sample - any number of people can say he doped or have claimed to have seen him dope, if you cannot prove it then he didn't.

#LeaveLanceAlone

This is exactly why Lance decided to not contest the charges.. so people like you can continue to protest his innocence as there wasn't a 'trial'
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Ostrich-man-head-in-sand.gif
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    If people still want to believe in him, then they can go ahead as far as I'm concerned. Billions of people still believe in God, which I find ludicrous, but I don't spend my day calling them idiots.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:
    If people still want to believe in him, then they can go ahead as far as I'm concerned. Billions of people still believe in God, which I find ludicrous, but I don't spend my day calling them idiots.

They're not the same and you know it.
  • furrag
    furrag Posts: 481
    Tom BB wrote:
    Back to commuting please you tedious troll
    You're an .... if you think that.

Seriously.

:lol:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Becoming a father did nt make you any more intelligent then....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    RichN95 wrote:

They're not the same and you know it.
    They seem the same to me. Both are beliefs flying in the face of common sense.

If people want to believe something but generally keep it to themselves, then let them get on with it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    This thread was started either as/because of:

1. A trolling attempt.
    2. Someone can't/is unwilling to read much more than Lance's statements and viewpoints, certainly not enough to educate themselves properly on the topic.
    3. Being thick.
  • JamesB5446
    JamesB5446 Posts: 471
    RichN95 wrote:
    I do.
  • Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    Despite his PR press release he (LA) has in effect pleaded "No contest" which means he's been caught bang to rights. Bring on the ban.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    mfin wrote:
    This thread was started as A trolling attempt.

FTFY

Never come across DDD then..?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DonDaddyD
    Where is the positive sample that proves he doped?

You get found guilty on the basis of evidence not conjecture.

I do not believe Contador willfully doped, he was suspended from professional racing because he had a banned substance in his system, not enough to enhance performance but banned nonetheless.

If Lance had produce a positive sample - that wasn't exempt due to his cancer treatments - then why has it taken this long for any 'authority' to reveal/produce it?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I do not believe Contador willfully doped, he was suspended from professional racing because he had a banned substance in his system, not enough to enhance performance but banned nonetheless.

If Lance had produce a positive sample - that wasn't exempt due to his cancer treatments - then why has it taken this long for any 'authority' to reveal/produce it?

Quite sweet really.
  • rick_chasey
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Why are you so hung up on the tests?

We know from other athletes the tests don't prove anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1USv6QL-Dc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntsZcWhN ... detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyI6Qytesas

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/05/ ... log_217702

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Millar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Virenque

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christophe_Moreau

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurent_Brochard
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    DonDaddyD wrote:

& further to Rick's post there were positive tests. EPO, corticosteroid and possibly one at the tour de Suisse.
    You might want to check your understanding of evidence too...
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    In a lab in France, I believe
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    @ RIck

You're investing too much time in this thread.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    Until someone holds up the pee-filled-cup with positive written across it I have no reason to say that he doped.

If he did and there was evidence then why has he yet to be banned/suspended ala Contador?
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    Until someone holds up the pee-filled-cup with positive written across it I have no reason to say that he doped.

If he did and there was evidence then why has he yet to be banned/suspended ala Contador?

He is banned.

For life.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • DonDaddyD wrote:

Have you seen Contador's pee filled cup?

I take it Millar, Pantani and The Chicken are all innocent too?

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Presumably you think Marion Jones is innocent?
  • rick_chasey
    @ RIck

You're investing too much time in this thread.

I'm up for it.

Bring it on. I'm feeling belligerent.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Ahh, innocent unblemished ignorance is indeed bliss. :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Presumably you think Marion Jones is innocent?

It's also where the conspiracy part of the charges come in.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017