Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    BOOOM. THANK YOU
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Monkeypump wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    The next stage in doping is gene theraphy and dna tweaking. BBC touched on it just before the 100m final at the Olympics. They said that a person has to have the right DNA sequence to have the right fast kind of twitch muscles.

If we see a non African-Caribbean in the 100m final at the next Olympics then we will know that I am right.

There it's been said.

And no, I don't think I'm being racist or predujice, there hasn't been a white guy (there have been those from mixed ethnic backgrounds) in a 100m final that I've seen in my lifetime.

In the conversation between Jackson and Johnson, apparently researchers (for a documentary one of them was in) found that about 70% of non-African/Caribbean people tested had the same fast-twitch muscle fibres and Johnson commented that success was more nurture than nature.

<gasp>

Don... is.....

wrong??

<gasp>

such a thing. :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Would Alan Wells have won had the USA not boycotted?

apparently he took on all comers in the US and beat them a couple of weeks later.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    There's a fair amount of success breeding* success. The depth of talent in the jamaican sprinting group is pretty amazing. A lot of them train together and the in-group competitiveness can weaken the "there's no way I can run 9.xx" mental barriers.

There's a great article on science of sport about the four minute mile barrier. The barrier all but disappeared once one man had surpassed it.
    http://www.sportsscientists.com/2009/01 ... atter.html

* not literally
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    coriordan wrote:
    BOOOM. THANK YOU
    I bet I can beat you in a 100m sprint race.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    BOOOM. THANK YOU
    :roll: Did Strava teach you nothing?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    BOOOM. THANK YOU

I'll take you on.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I hadn't really decided either way on Lance but DDD's persuasive arguments have firmly made up my mind now.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    BOOOM. THANK YOU

I'll take you on.

my BOOM was actually referring to the guy on the previous page who rinsed me.

Everyone else is doing a wonderful job of rinsing you without me getting involved.
  • rick_chasey
    coriordan wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    BOOOM. THANK YOU

I'll take you on.

Everyone else is doing a wonderful job of rinsing you without me getting involved.

I just wanna race DDD.

I have a 12.1 PB so i'll take my chances.
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    The next stage in doping is gene theraphy and dna tweaking. BBC touched on it just before the 100m final at the Olympics. They said that a person has to have the right DNA sequence to have the right fast kind of twitch muscles.

If we see a non African-Caribbean in the 100m final at the next Olympics then we will know that I am right.

There it's been said.

And no, I don't think I'm being racist or predujice, there hasn't been a white guy (there have been those from mixed ethnic backgrounds) in a 100m final that I've seen in my lifetime.

So if it's not an afro-carribean man/woman crossing the line first in their respective races it's doping of some kind.

Ohh and what you think doesn't matter, if you are doing something then you are doing it full stop.
  • Paul E
    coriordan wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    BOOOM. THANK YOU

I'll take you on.

I just wanna race DDD.

Even with my older knackered knees (70's kid here and I remember Mr Wells), I would have a go, I used to be quite good at sprinting
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    I just wanna race DDD.

This sounds fun. Where and when?
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    In other news, police want to speak to LA regarding the disappearanve of Madeline McCann

( I may be lying)
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • rick_chasey
    JZed wrote:
    I just wanna race DDD.

This sounds fun. Where and when?

Regent's park, next Sunday.
  • DonDaddyD
    I'll bring my bro, he runs 11.40s.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    LOL at Marion Jones. She is Lance Armstrong little...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqaXyjCz7jE
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • DonDaddyD
    I will never believe that Linford Christie cheated by way of doping. I don't think there is a black british person in this life or the next that thinks he did either.

Seb Coe, racists that he is, framed Linford as he didn't like him. FACT. http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/christi ... 13720.html
    Food Chain number = 4

• JamesB5446
    JamesB5446 Posts: 471
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Err our newest GB 100m sprinter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Gemili
    One kid who played footy, but doesn't any more is such a statistical anomaly it doesn't really count.

It's a fair point about the funding that goes into football vs pretty much all other sports though.
  • DonDaddyD
    He has potential, yes.
    Food Chain number = 4

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Seb Coe, racists that he is, framed Linford as he didn't like him. FACT. http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/christi ... 13720.html
    Just a mild query - how would you rate the strength of the evidence that Coe framed Christie* compared to the strength of the evidence that Armstrong doped?

*I have to admit, I was so fascinated by this astonishing statement that I had to google it: and came up with nothing at all, not even on the usual conspiracy theory sites. I would really, genuinely, be interested to see your evidence.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I will never believe that Linford Christie cheated by way of doping. I don't think there is a black british person in this life or the next that thinks he did either.

How was he framed?
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Please be true, please be true, please be true. I can't stand Seb Coe.

.... It's not true though, is it?
    exercise.png
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Apprantly Christie was found to have a banned substance in the Olympics in 1988, but the IOC committee voted 11/10 in favour of not imposing a ban, as it could have come from using ginseng. Not really strict liability then.... He did get tested positive for nandralone in 1999 with 100 times normal levels. That could have come from eating avocada... allegedly. In neither case has it been proved, or even alleged that Seb Coe gave Linford the ginseng or avacado...

As for Armstrong, what I cannot get my head round is IF he is guilty of doping, then he must know the truth will come out, so the venomous defence and very massive denials will be proved to be a sham. To participate in doping, there must be dozens of people who know the ruth, and there would be no way that you could keep them all silent.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    DonDaddyD wrote:

If you are going to go this far OT please start a new thread.
    I am sure that there are plenty out there just looking for something, anything, to stick to smug Coe.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    DonDaddyD wrote:

If you are going to go this far OT please start a new thread.
    I am sure that there are plenty out there just looking for something, anything, to stick to smug Coe.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Yeah and Black guys can't fly planes... genetics innit?

You never heard of Cptn Tobias Willcock?
  • Paul E
    Ahh the card is being used again and again, chip on shoulder over stuff that went on hundreds of years ago which was not just done by white people in the world but people of all colours.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Wow - leave this thread for a minute and you're waaaaaay out of touch!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • JamesB5446
    JamesB5446 Posts: 471
    Paul E wrote:
    Ahh the card is being used again and again, chip on shoulder over stuff that went on hundreds of years ago which was not just done by white people in the world but people of all colours.
    Is it? Where?