Tour of Britain 2012

124»

Comments

• scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    Alan A wrote:
    Why didn't you park on the verge at top of the climb like everyone else did?

390454_10151409610087786_282663337_n.jpg
    Nice picture :roll:
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • Pross wrote:
    Will be on Caerphilly mountain to watch on Friday. Would like to have gone to watch them over Upper Chapel but have other committments, should be a great stage for the cameras if the weather plays ball!

Also hoping to get to Caerphilly mountain tomorrow. Any idea what the parking is like around there? Want to catch the riders on the climb for good pics.
  • scott-s30 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Will be on Caerphilly mountain to watch on Friday. Would like to have gone to watch them over Upper Chapel but have other committments, should be a great stage for the cameras if the weather plays ball!

Also hoping to get to Caerphilly mountain tomorrow. Any idea what the parking is like around there? Want to catch the riders on the climb for good pics.
    Forget parking lol it is bad enough there normally, best bet is park down town by Morrisons I guess.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    scott-s30 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Last year I got there just as they were closing the roads and it was chaos. Cars were parked all over the A469 and buses couldn't get through. I was surprised they were allowed back. I went past the top of the climb on the A469 towards Cardiff and on down the hill. After about half a mile there was a bit of a layby on the right and I parked in that. I was out of the way, didn't get caught in the road rage that seemed to be going on nearer the climb and got away easier. Will probably park at the bottom of the hill somewhere near the lane to Rudry tomorrow. Had hoped to ride but haven't got the time to get back and pick the kids up.
  • Contador is the Greatest
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Awesome - enjoyed that!
  • Was working for most of this year's race. Snuck in a look at the last stage, tho:

http://zoom-gordo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0 ... o-say.html
    Gordo's World of Zoom http://zoom-gordo.blogspot.com/
    Those that can, do. Those that can't write about it.