Tour of Britain 2012

Lichtblick
Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
edited September 2012 in Pro race
I assume you'all know that Wiggins is riding in the Tour of Britain this year?

What the devil is up with their website? I clicked on "route" and got this:

Route

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Praesent rutrum euismod vehicula. Donec quis dui at nisl pulvinar elementum a faucibus magna. Donec sed enim leo. In accumsan ultrices porta. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Sed vel hendrerit nisl. Nam tincidunt adipiscing massa, vitae gravida mi sagittis non. Suspendisse ante ipsum, tempus sed porttitor non, euismod tristique nunc. Etiam a nisl nulla. Duis sit amet eros ligula. Cras nunc felis, vehicula at ornare nec, hendrerit et diam. Nullam arcu nulla, facilisis et eleifend consectetur, aliquet non dui.

http://www.tourofbritain.com/_ns_race/d ... age1_route

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Lorem Ipsum is default text used in print and publishing, means they still have to write that bit!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Who is going to be on the line up for team sky? I can only find last years
  • I found the same thing when I tried earlier today.

Anyone got a link to the route that works?
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    I put that lot into google translate and got this:
    This page is required to post a comment. Top investment vehicles. Until Abuse at players from the throat, a cushion element. More examples here. In basketball-oriented portal. Cisco Security have set their couch in the throat orci lamentation and avenging Cares, But hendrerit or a comment. Report storage mass, emotional life is not the answer. News before, but the time is not feasible, more comfortable now. Additional information no. This is your job requirements. Tomorrow now cats, cars but no information, planning and drilling. No no arc, easy and provide a filler not a DUI.

But just a pump. Everyone's needs and improve the hatred is Powered Bureau. To bow to the free but please stop tour or not. More customers, more or more importantly, no more hatred, but it was not alien. The entrance to drink in from time to time but no real estate. New members are always here.

Rights very ugly. Leave more information. Even more time to school. Now it's more hate storage revenue. No more pain, no more consumer education. Welcome and price than. For most or least no more feasible. But who would be Joomla region to the bow. For entry, the price needs to start gate, impact than development projects, which was not the layer is. Back to Top Row is a comprehensive, but not members of the very soft. Related News, Events in the Valley Times, Product Review protein requirements, and occasionally there's a free pool.

In this post. But life's not a course that takes you now. We at the bow to the front of the filled some. Affiliations our marriage secret from class to turn very, very beginner himenaeos. The latest e-but players and how and Questions. New Japan have no fear here. Welcome arch pain, yeast and various activities, sometimes good now.

Read more Comments filthy hatred, in order to start planning. Contact Information page is not a life's no tank.
    [/size]
  • I found the same thing when I tried earlier today.

Anyone got a link to the route that works?

Sky havent confirmed line-up yet, simple as that. Probably waiting for Wiggo to have made his decision. Be interesting to see who they're going to put up for GC as Wiggo says it wont be him. They like to make it a Brit, but with all the factors inc G just back from track plus the Vuelta overlapping, going to be tricky to achieve that. They'll be going all out for sprints for Cav, for sure.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Try goihng to the other stages, there seems to be more info on their pages. For example,here is the stage 8 map

They are on the right hand side under 'download stage map (pdf)'

Edit: they seem to have just changed the text for stage 1 between me reading your post and posting this message! Someone's reading the forum....
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/19310758

Which is great as a friend who won the Tour in 1955 and myself have been invited to the Welsh start at Powis Castle with V.I.P treatment. Also a young ex club mate a Luke Mellor who rides for Rapha Condor has made it as reserve....
    http://www.raphacondor.cc/news/rapha-co ... in-line-up :wink:

Hope to get this pic of the man and me in the Algarve earlier this year signed it was just after his first TT win of the year. 8)

431216_10150708963109524_1386026614_n.jpg
  • gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    Potentially stupid question coming up - what time does each ctage start? We're coming back from holiday near Stage 7 on the 15th and I would love to watch them wizz by before driving home. I've got 1100 in my head, but no idea why...
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    MrTapir wrote:
    This page is required to post a comment. Top investment vehicles. Until Abuse at players from the throat, a cushion element. More examples here. In basketball-oriented portal. Cisco Security have set their couch in the throat orci lamentation and avenging Cares, But hendrerit or a comment. Report storage mass, emotional life is not the answer. News before, but the time is not feasible, more comfortable now. Additional information no. This is your job requirements. Tomorrow now cats, cars but no information, planning and drilling. No no arc, easy and provide a filler not a DUI.

But just a pump. Everyone's needs and improve the hatred is Powered Bureau. To bow to the free but please stop tour or not. More customers, more or more importantly, no more hatred, but it was not alien. The entrance to drink in from time to time but no real estate. New members are always here.

Rights very ugly. Leave more information. Even more time to school. Now it's more hate storage revenue. No more pain, no more consumer education. Welcome and price than. For most or least no more feasible. But who would be Joomla region to the bow. For entry, the price needs to start gate, impact than development projects, which was not the layer is. Back to Top Row is a comprehensive, but not members of the very soft. Related News, Events in the Valley Times, Product Review protein requirements, and occasionally there's a free pool.

In this post. But life's not a course that takes you now. We at the bow to the front of the filled some. Affiliations our marriage secret from class to turn very, very beginner himenaeos. The latest e-but players and how and Questions. New Japan have no fear here. Welcome arch pain, yeast and various activities, sometimes good now.

Read more Comments filthy hatred, in order to start planning. Contact Information page is not a life's no tank.
    [/size]

Right where's my guitar, I'm putting that to music.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • paul2718
    paul2718 Posts: 471
    Potentially stupid question coming up - what time does each ctage start?
    They're promising the Race Manual this week. This should contain detailed routes and predicted times the race will pass.

Paul
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Cycling Weekly ‏@cyclingweekly
    Organisers of the Tour of Britain have announced Team Sky line up: B Wiggins, M Cavendish, J Hunt, B Eisel, C Knees, T Lofkvist.
  • Turfle wrote:
    Organisers of the Tour of Britain have announced Team Sky line up: B Wiggins, M Cavendish, J Hunt, B Eisel, C Knees, T Lofkvist.

No serious assualt on GC then. A victory procession around Britain for Wiggo, sprints for Cav, and a chance to say happy retirement to Hunt.
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    Turfle wrote:
    Coolcoolcool.

I plan to watch around about the Grey Mare's Tail on Stage 3.
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Turfle wrote:

No serious assualt on GC then. A victory procession around Britain for Wiggo, sprints for Cav, and a chance to say happy retirement to Hunt.

Could see Knees having a decent race if he's allowed. ToB is always won by a strong rouleur type, and he fits that category nicely.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Sweet, I've applied to marshal the first sprint section so will be good to see Cav doing his thing!
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    No serious assault on GC?! They've got the tour winner in the team!! It wont be hard for Wiggo to be in contention if he can be arsed.....by stage three a break with the top 20 or so riders has usually put 20 minutes into the peloton!
  • Tom BB wrote:
    No serious assault on GC?! They've got the tour winner in the team!! It wont be hard for Wiggo to be in contention if he can be arsed.....by stage three a break with the top 20 or so riders has usually put 20 minutes into the peloton!

Wiggo said yesterday that he''s achieved all of his personal goals for this year, so for the rest of his races this season he's going to be riding for others to pay them back for all the work they've done for him...

...in which case Monkey Man maybe has it right - Knees could be Sky's GC guy for the Tour. He's laid it all out for Wiggo this year.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Couldn't find a proper route map, but here are the gpx traces of each stage:

http://www.mapmytracks.com/events/tour-of-britain-2012
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,076
    prawny wrote:
    MrTapir wrote:

[/size]

:lol: What a tune it'll be. A real hit. The minor chords I imagine accompanying these lines..

Tomorrow now cats, cars but no information, planning and drilling

...will surely bring a lump to the throat.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    prawny wrote:
    MrTapir wrote:

[/size]

:lol: What a tune it'll be. A real hit. The minor chords I imagine accompanying these lines..

Aren't those lyrics from OK Computer by Radiohead?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,165

Unless you've heard the superior white label vinyl in the original Latin on German import, then you're just one of the mainstream sheep.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    RichN95 wrote:

Unless you've heard the superior white label vinyl in the original Latin on German import, then you're just one of the mainstream sheep.
    Is that available in Wap Mart?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,341
    RichN95 wrote:

Pfffffft. Everyone's heard that. Unless you've heard the Dr Headgear dubplate special, with the dub version from Mad Professor included, you're not really competent to talk about different versions. It's been absolutely killing some very select venues.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Wot, no Geraint? Disappointing. I'll try and catch the final stage at Guildford, could be good.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • jimycooper
    jimycooper Posts: 740
    Anyone got a provisional start list? Genuinely really excited about this, love seeing the domestic pros trying to scrape up results on the international stage. Especially as the parcours looks pretty varied and challenging.
  • jimycooper wrote:
    Anyone got a provisional start list? Genuinely really excited about this, love seeing the domestic pros trying to scrape up results on the international stage. Especially as the parcours looks pretty varied and challenging.

And JTL did pretty well in last year's winning KOM...started all of the attention from the bigger boys. He's got to be fancying it again - he's been recce'ing the west country stage over the last couple of days.
  • gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    Shame there's no National Jersey on show either
  • GSVBagpuss wrote:
    Shame there's no National Jersey on show either

No, Stannard has bigger fish to fry in Espana. Same as with Wiggo last year, come to think of it.
  • RonB wrote:

Not working for me. Anyone got a copy they can email or re-host for me?

Thanks,