Anyone used a boris bike for a date before?

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    daviesee wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    Be the only time you use your bike and hope to bonk
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    And no-one's even gone for a "bonk" based pun. Disappointed, or is that too easy?

Not too good at this reading thing then? :wink::lol:

Too busy fapping.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    If she wants to go on a bike ride, I suggest you test her metal, Jaunt to the coast at race speed, followed by some fish and chips on the beach and a race home.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • WTF?

You've "visited the park", "fed the ducks", and broached the subject of the Oxo Tower already.

And you're concerned about whether to incorporate a Boris Bike into the date?

For God's sake, man, stick a recording of stage 11 of the Tour on the telly and resume the carnal activities! Stop poncing around with Boris Bike fantasies.

Or did you not quite tune in correctly to the entendre in "I'd like some riding on our next date. You know, like a bike. Nudge, nudge".

Ye Gods. I swear some of you youngsters need a bloody map, written instruction *and* subtitles...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    TommyEss wrote:
    vermin wrote:
    visited the park and fed the ducks already.

Well that's a new one on me!!

Likewise; submitted to Roger's Profanisaurus.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Greg66 wrote:
    WTF?

You've "visited the park", "fed the ducks", and broached the subject of the Oxo Tower already.

And you're concerned about whether to incorporate a Boris Bike into the date?

For God's sake, man, stick a recording of stage 11 of the Tour on the telly and resume the carnal activities! Stop poncing around with Boris Bike fantasies.

Or did you not quite tune in correctly to the entendre in "I'd like some riding on our next date. You know, like a bike. Nudge, nudge".

Ye Gods. I swear some of you youngsters need a bloody map, written instruction *and* subtitles...

Translation:

"Foreplay? What bloody foreplay?"
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Translation:

"Foreplay? What bloody foreplay?"

I believe it's called a prologue...
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Greg66 wrote:

Please.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    Greg, honestly my idea of a fun night with new experiences was us in my flat exploring... however she has specifically said she isnt ready for that yet before i even suggested it.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    spasypaddy wrote:
    Greg, honestly my idea of a fun night with new experiences was us in my flat exploring... however she has specifically said she isnt ready for that yet before i even suggested it.

Confused :?

So you've visited the park, fed the ducks, but been told to stay off the grass?
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    spasypaddy wrote:

Dump her, find another that is......

**taking dating advice from this forum and me is inadvisable....
  • spasypaddy
    Monkeypump wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

no no, thats why i said kind of to that previous comment.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    spasypaddy wrote:
    Monkeypump wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

Right, so you've visited the park and sat on the bench with a handful of stale bread. Ducks are still wary.
    Hope it all goes well, when the ducks flock to you don't scatter your bread too soon.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    Monkeypump wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

parkie.jpg
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    DrLex wrote:
    TommyEss wrote:
    vermin wrote:
    visited the park and fed the ducks already.

Well that's a new one on me!!

Likewise; submitted to Roger's Profanisaurus.

A slight twist on 'Feeding the Pony' are you familiar with that one. Not heard the duck one before.

I vote full Lycra, race pace on Boris. Perhaps map out a TT circuit.
  • twist83
    dhope wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    Monkeypump wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

Right, so you've visited the park and sat on the bench with a handful of stale bread. Ducks are still wary.
    Hope it all goes well, when the ducks flock to you don't scatter your bread too soon.

Nothing worse than droping your bread too early is there. Perhaps before going out it might be wise to practice dropping the bread. You should never go out with a loaded gun anyway.

Also to be wary if it does evolve into you showing her the stroke of your crank shaft. If you both have been 'smashing it by the river' and 'getting the calories' in like our friend from the TDF Halfords adverts. Sweaty undercarriage may be an issue.

I need a lie down all this dating complexity is far too confusing for a friday morning. Plonk Plonk fizz is the way forward, that is the sound of the Rohypnol landing in her drink.
  • spasypaddy
    dhope wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    Monkeypump wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:

:lol:
  • im still confused by the subject header, why would you want to date a boris bike? :P

:oops: I wont bother getting my coat on the way out :mrgreen:
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • spasypaddy
    twist83 wrote:
    A slight twist on 'Feeding the Pony' are you familiar with that one. Not heard the duck one before.

go to richmond and do a 3 lap challenge?
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    Going to struggle getting there, doing 3 laps, and getting back to a docking station before bike charges rocket skywards. Only free for 30 minutes aren't they?
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    30 mins is plenty of time...oh you mean the bike.
  • twist83
    spasypaddy wrote:
    twist83 wrote:

YES! Is she familiar with Strava?
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    oh you mean the bike.
    That's pretty rude, we know she hasn't put out already :roll:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • cornerblock
    dhope wrote:
    oh you mean the bike.
    That's pretty rude, we know she hasn't put out already :roll:

I I I didn't mean.. I'm sure it's all free, not just the first 30 minutes.
  • spasypaddy
    twist83 wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    twist83 wrote:

YES! Is she familiar with Strava?
    :lol:
    no, very much not.
  • twist83
    Introduce her to Strava! Someone has to ask as well. Pictures of said woman? Thread is useless without them
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    twist83 wrote:
    Pictures of said woman? Thread is useless without them
    +1
    I would suggest taking it easy at the beginning of the ride, make sure she's warmed up before unleashing the Power Awesome, but do unleash it at some point so that she knows you're not a beginner.
    Stick to main routes, don't take her up any back routes unless she's well up for it.
    Make sure you don't sprint off too early, a gentleman waits for his partner.
    Don't forget to stop at reds. Ignoring reds may be fine later in the relationship if you both agree, but for now play it safe.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    an also dont forget to wear a helmet

you dont want any accidents now do you.....
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • cornerblock
    Wahey!!! Looks like the ducks are being fed.

img7916i.jpg
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756

img7916i.jpg
    "Did the seasons change for you?"
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    notsoblue wrote:

img7916i.jpg
    "Did the seasons change for you?"

Is there a whole roasted chicken in the bin by the bike on the right?