• I DON'T BELIEVE WIGGO SMOKED AND I NEVER WILL

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12874142
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    He's smoked for years, he's over 18.....what is the sh*t rag Sun think it's proving.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    andy_welch wrote:
    Surely the photographer has some motorised shutter thing that takes loads of shots, so they must have a picture of him with the fag actually in his mouth. Why not use that?

Cheers,

Andy

Yes, good point. Doesn't even look like a fag - although what else could it be. :o
  • RideOnTime
    He looked properly hungover in the '08 ToB when I saw him.

Properly hanging off the back during a 80km flat jaunt through westminster & embankment

He admitted publicly that that whole week was just a travelling post Beijing wee-wee up. It seem he needs to go through that phase every so often before he can get back on the wagon again, which he clearly did for the 09 season.

and fair play even Jessica Ennis likes the odd Wicked.
  • RideOnTime
    raised-eyebrow.gif

roll-up joint.

ha, cool. 8)
  • RideOnTime
    mfin wrote:
    Good on Wiggo I say. He knows the risks, we all know the risks... a 5 year old can understand smoking's not healthy so Wiggo knows as much as anyone.

Who cares. As far as Im concerned he can smoke what he wants and drink as much as he wants, he's hardly promoting the idea that other people should. Its just nosey paparazzi getting a headline.

For any drinking and smoking he does he's still a better cyclist than anyone who posts on here, that's gotta be a fact.

yep, you're right I'm a much better drinker. Oh no I just vommed.
  • RideOnTime
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    If I were Wiggins, I'd try to have fun with all this nonsense as much as possible (i.e. get snapped smoking a pipe whilst reading Tractor Monthly, or something) .

Tractor Weekly that must be top shelf - I've never seen it - is it in a sheath so you can't see the cover. :shock:
  • RideOnTime
    iainf72 wrote:
    I thought stereotyping was the Mail's game?

daily-mail-front-cover.jpg

oh jesus, what if somone claiming Incapacity benefit won the £100k and then ran to collect the cheque in person.
  • RideOnTime
    stanislav wrote:
    To collect the reward points so i can get pizza express vauchers :)

you spounger and I bet you don't even work or even like Bl@@dy pizza. I sooo outraged.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    Even he doesn't know about the e-cigarette yet?

Damn I wish those things would "take off".

My own father has literally weeks (could be days) to live, due to smoking.

I once heard Chris Boardman say Wiggo kinda got stuck in a rut a while back and took about 1 year out from cycling. He spent that year drinking and slouching around a lot, Boardman said (about 80% of the way through the TdF 2012) if Wiggins is this good now - imagine if he had never taken that year out. He is a bit of a loose cannon/idiot if you ask me, yeah people can say he never asked to become a role model but HIM smoking = nothing is sacred.

Whether he likes it or not, people look up to him and he should at least realize how stupid it is even if he is going to carry on doing it. If he smokes more than say 6 or 8 in one day and the same the next few days, thats it. He like most smokers will never be able to stop. Imagine Wiggo in 30 years weighing 300lbs+ and smoking outside a pub doorway in winter. Sounds absurd but he is smoking so yeah, the more absurd notion would be that he won't get addicted to it.

The problem with starting smoking is you don't know how addicted you personally will get, people that hate smoking and were always adamant about never touching tobacco have ended up on 60 a day. People whose parents both died within a year of each other due to smoking still carry on smoking (in fact more so with the stress of parents dying).

If I didn't have the e-cig I myself would still be slowly dying like I knew I was. Everyone assumes it won't happen to them, when I say everyone I mean everyone, there are no exceptions to this. Strong minded people are in fact often the biggest victims of smoking because they think it "cannot" happen to them a lot more than someone that is indecisive etc.

Smoking - what a ridiculous drug and an even more ridiculous method of administration.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Chill out man. My wife's gran smoked one fag a day all her life and never suffered a single respiratory problem or ever smoked more than that. It IS possible to have the odd one now and then and suffer no side effects or end up on 20 a day. Jesus, you cant look at what he's managed this year and say that having the occasional cigarette is somehow jeopardising his health or career - leave the guy alone.
  • Uncanny
    1012688-nickoteen1.jpg
  • Remember kids, Nick O' Teen is a weed.

Oh and a few classics from the Health Education Board of Scotland

Booze! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgTK_xJK_hg

Tabs! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f22wSJ8mslQ

And my personal favourite, Skag! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_e-wd0h9MU
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    essexeagle wrote:
    Uncanny
    1012688-nickoteen1.jpg

Meanwhile........

Candy_Cigarettes_Superman_edited-1.gif
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • I can't believe the "this tastes boggin'" ad is from 1998

But surely this is the daddy of the HEBS anti-smloking vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJy5m36n4o
    Giant Trance X 2010
    Specialized Tricross Sport
    My Dad's old racer
    Trek Marlin 29er 2012