Wiggo Smoking ?

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Guess that's the true price of fame, loss of privacy and trivial things suddenly becoming news stories.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    The way he is holding it looks more like a joint. Nice sarcasm from one of the commentors below, surprising to see on the Sun website.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Perhaps he's taken on board what people said during the Tour and has decided to "light 'em up"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Won't somebody think of he children?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Why would he wear a polo with rainbow bands when going on the lash? Does he wear his Olympic medal at the local supermarket?

(Unless of course he's a former "fags 'n booze" world champion in which case he's quite entitled)
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    I blame wiggle!
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    This is all the evidence we need he's a doper

http://www.cbssports.com/general/story/ ... d-list/rss
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andy_welch
    andy_welch Posts: 1,101
    Surely the photographer has some motorised shutter thing that takes loads of shots, so they must have a picture of him with the fag actually in his mouth. Why not use that?

Cheers,

Andy
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,574
    iainf72 wrote:
    This is all the evidence we need he's a doper

http://www.cbssports.com/general/story/ ... d-list/rss

Have they considered the effect of passive smoking?
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    In the September edition of 'Cycle Sport' (page 58, if you only want to see it in black and white with your own eyes in WH Smiths without buying it), Lionel Birnie lets slip that during the post-Olympics 2008 edition of ToB they took Wiggins for a Chinese meal; during which he had several beers and followed up with a "cheeky" fag.
    So 'Cycle Sport' paid for Wiggo to have a lads night out during an international stage race!?

Outrageous. If I had a subscription, I'd cancel it.

You can't knock Wiggins's new-found level of professionalism though: now he smokes after his season, not during it... but hang on; isn't he doing Tour of Denmark next week? Gaaaah...I knew it wouldn't last!
    You can take the boy out of Kilburn...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    He looked properly hungover in the '08 ToB when I saw him.

Properly hanging off the back during a 80km flat jaunt through westminster & embankment
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    He now knows he has to be aware he has the paparazzi on his tail.
  • ocdupalais

Properly hanging off the back during a 80km flat jaunt through westminster & embankment

Dodgy prawn cracker, that.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    shows how much he prob wants to be off the training regime of cycling and indulge a little as a reward. If it is just the odd puff on the hand full of nights he's allowed to get pissed a year, no harm done. I can see why he's been fielded in TOB and Denmark by sky..he needs routine or he slips. Also, he could retire now..he's achieved everything..so must feel weird..why go on?
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809

Not quite a photo of Frenchie's quality, but here he is with Malcom Elliot.

323_73946395532_646_n.jpg
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • andy_welch wrote:
    Surely the photographer has some motorised shutter thing that takes loads of shots, so they must have a picture of him with the fag actually in his mouth. Why not use that?

Cheers,

Andy

agreed! Exactly what I was thinking.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400

He admitted publicly that that whole week was just a travelling post Beijing piss up. It seem he needs to go through that phase every so often before he can get back on the wagon again, which he clearly did for the 09 season.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    In a sport where the capacity of your lungs is so vital I'm very disappointed even if it was a single cigarette. All it will do is help to fuel the suspicions of people who think he is dodgy and a doper.

If it wasn't tobacco he was smoking, but a joint, what are the risks of him testing positive? My understanding is that the halflife is pretty short, but that metabolites can stay in the system for a few weeks and therefore an in-competition positive would be possible.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    squired wrote:
    In a sport where the capacity of your lungs is so vital I'm very disappointed even if it was a single cigarette. All it will do is help to fuel the suspicions of people who think he is dodgy and a doper.

If it wasn't tobacco he was smoking, but a joint, what are the risks of him testing positive? My understanding is that the halflife is pretty short, but that metabolites can stay in the system for a few weeks and therefore an in-competition positive would be possible.

are you for real ...
    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    raised-eyebrow.gif

roll-up joint.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,454
    Being a moderator has gone to your head.

Emoticons ffs!
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    In the September edition of 'Cycle Sport' (page 58, if you only want to see it in black and white with your own eyes in WH Smiths without buying it), Lionel Birnie lets slip that during the post-Olympics 2008 edition of ToB they took Wiggins for a Chinese meal; during which he had several beers and followed up with a "cheeky" fag.
    So 'Cycle Sport' paid for Wiggo to have a lads night out during an international stage race!?

I have it on good authority for the continental Pros the ToB is a party.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • It's a shame Wiggo is now getting this sort of attention, though it goes with his status now I guess. I was quite fascinated by this one, I have to admit

You expect a big piss-up to celebrate but smoking is a bit difference isn't it - endurance athlete, lung power etc. Maybe it's not that bad and a few tokes on a (ahem) rollie is just like a ride in London's air.

I read Millar's book recently and he talked about a tradition among French riders of a bedtime cigarette.

Does all this mean I can start smoking again?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    andy_welch wrote:

Cheers,

Andy

Andy, meet Andy.
    Why do you put 'Andy' at the end of all your posts?

Why not? If I'm committing some great faux pas I shall stop...

Andy
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    There's a lot of us about you know

Andy
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Where does one become an Andy?
  • ocdupalais
    rebs wrote:

Andynatal clinic.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    rebs wrote:

Andynatal clinic.

I've never booed at a post before, but I nearly did then.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Pirlo smokes as well which makes it okay for Wiggo. Had Pirlo, who is the greatest sports personality in the history of sport - I'm sure we can all agree on that-, not smoked I would be in all kind of anger now.

Let him have smoke if he wants a smoke. I had a couple myself this weekend and I can honestly tell you that it had NO effect on my 3 km run the day after!
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584
    Turfle wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    rebs wrote:

Andynatal clinic.

I've never booed at a post before, but I nearly did then.

Boooo to you sir. I thought it was funny.

Alan (Son of Andy)