Paralympics - Good luck Pokerface!

Comments

• Good Luck Colin!

Did anyone see the interview with Alem Mumuni (Ghana) on the Last Leg programme last night.

Inspirational stuff. Hope he has a good ride too.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Good luck Colin, go out and smash it!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Good luck Colin. At work so won't find out until later but hope all goes well!
  • Anyone know if there is a live link to coverage?

*edit* Or even a link to live coverage. :roll:
  • Anyone know if there is a live link to coverage?

*edit* Or even a link to live coverage. :roll:

It doesn't appear to be scheduled for a live stream on the paralympics.org site. http://www.paralympic.org/sites/default ... er%2B5.pdf

A crying shame, considering the quality of the cycling. Anyhow, go for it, Colin - make the Colin Chapman Way the Colin Lynch Way!
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Updates on Cycling at Brands Hatch here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 ... sfeed=true

Later, video coverage should be available via: You Tube by typing in Paralympics in search box
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    There may be coverage on the Irish paralympics site (www.paralympics.ie/live/) but it will depend on whether the host broadcaster is transmitting live and also if Setanta are carrying this (doesn't say so on their schedule).

Go on Colin, give it socks!
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Good luck Colin.

Here is a link showing C2 start times, Colin due to be off at 11:43...

http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/cycling-road/event/men-individual-c-2-time-trial/index.html

... and good luck to Alex Zanardi who goes in the H4 TT this afternoon on the course where he began his F1 racing career back in 1991.
  • NormalD
    NormalD Posts: 145
    RonB wrote:
    Good luck Colin.

Here is a link showing C2 start times, Colin due to be off at 11:43...

http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/cycling-road/event/men-individual-c-2-time-trial/index.html

... and good luck to Alex Zanardi who goes in the H4 TT this afternoon on the course where he began his F1 racing career back in 1991.

That link should also give live updates during the race.

Good luck Colin and Alex.
    Normal Disk 2009

Genesis Equilibrium Tiagra 2011

FCN 10 (only cycle in once a week though)

Alfa 156 SW
  • LangerDan
    Coverage / updates are a shambles. Colin is through the 8km / halfway mark, but no splits
  • LangerDan
    Colin lying in second (by 2.3 seconds) at half way, behind a South African rider, Jaco Nel
  • LangerDan
    Colin 5th - he'll be disappointed with that. 23 seconds off the gold time, 18 seconds off bronze.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    He just posted this on twitter ...

F***^^^^^%#%$CK
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    <<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Colin, you're my hero.
  • LangerDan wrote:
    Colin 5th - he'll be disappointed with that. 23 seconds off the gold time, 18 seconds off bronze.

Wow that is a close top 5.

Unlike the womans RR - a 64km TT with Storey winning by over 7mins.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Not only that, but she caught, passed and dropped one of the men's races that started a few minutes before her race.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Have I told you my Sarah Storey story? I was doing the Deloitte JOGLE in 2010 (it sponsored the paralympics and had some of the GB Team riding some of the stages). It was day 9 (I think) and it was hot and I was labouring my way up one of these interminable hills in Cornwall when an attractive lady rode up alongside me and gave me a very cheery "hello". She had a very cool kit with the Worlds stripes and a gold (I think) Catlike helmet. Doing my very best not to wheeze, I responded with as much enthusiasm as I could muster "hello" at which point she grinned and cruised past me. I then watched her cruise up the hill with a tale of about 6 male riders desperately hanging onto her wheel. She's aces.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Unlucky, Colin.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    RichN95 wrote:
    Not only that, but she caught, passed and dropped one of the men's races that started a few minutes before her race.

I've a feeling this may have been Colin's race. She's incredible, for a swimmer.
  • Davey C
    Davey C Posts: 80
    Says it all.
  • tis
    tis Posts: 16
    Davey C wrote:
    Says it all.
    :lol:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Hmm, we seem to have a couple of trolls here (or more likely one troll with two accounts judging by the way tis follows daveyc everywhere). From what I can tell daveyc is jealous that a world champion para cyclist has the audacity to approach companies for sponsorship and so has taken to sniping at Colin who very rarely even uses this site anymore so cannot defend himself. Proper cowardly troll behaviour - maybe it's that idiot Colin made to look a fool a couple of years back? I suspect this person hasn't won any world titles in either persona or even represented their country at world or Olympic / Paralympic level but like to laugh at other's 'failures'.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Pross wrote:
    Hmm, we seem to have a couple of trolls here (or more likely one troll with two accounts judging by the way tis follows daveyc everywhere). From what I can tell daveyc is jealous that a world champion para cyclist has the audacity to approach companies for sponsorship and so has taken to sniping at Colin who very rarely even uses this site anymore so cannot defend himself. Proper cowardly troll behaviour - maybe it's that idiot Colin made to look a fool a couple of years back? I suspect this person hasn't won any world titles in either persona or even represented their country at world or Olympic / Paralympic level but like to laugh at other's 'failures'.

plus 1. Having ridden with and chatted to Colin he is a thoroughly decent guy. Yep he is sponsored and sometimes publicly thanks his sponsors on twitter, good luck to him - he now does what we all dream of, rides full time - please take your jealous trolling elsewhere.
  • Hmm, we seem to have a couple of trolls here (or more likely one troll with two accounts judging by the way tis follows daveyc everywhere). From what I can tell daveyc is jealous that a world champion para cyclist has the audacity to approach companies for sponsorship and so has taken to sniping at Colin who very rarely even uses this site anymore so cannot defend himself. Proper cowardly troll behaviour - maybe it's that idiot Colin made to look a fool a couple of years back? I suspect this person hasn't won any world titles in either persona or even represented their country at world or Olympic / Paralympic level but like to laugh at other's 'failures'.

You should be on Cracker. No, really :roll: .
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908

You registered in 2011 and that's your first post? Great contribution. :roll:

Congrats on your non-existant cycling career by the way.
  • tis wrote:
    Davey C wrote:
    Says it all.
    :lol:

You really should be ashamed of yourself.

Come on Colin, if ever you needed more motivation to win, these buffoons have provided you the ammunition!
    2011 Trek Madone 3.1c
    2012 Ribble 7005 Winter Trainer

Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.
  • You registered in 2011 and that's your first post? Great contribution.

*yawn*
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174

Yep, and the 'other two' registered within days of each other and just a few weeks earlier. Very sad that people go to such lengths. Colin may not have won an Olympic gold but he was there and also has a world champs jersey. This person has probably never even won a local chipper (or even entered one, you have to have a pretty sad and empty life to behave like that.
  • Pross wrote:

Yep, and the 'other two' registered within days of each other and just a few weeks earlier. Very sad that people go to such lengths. Colin may not have won an Olympic gold but he was there and also has a world champs jersey. This person has probably never even won a local chipper (or even entered one, you have to have a pretty sad and empty life to behave like that.

This
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • I think you misunderstand, I'm not making any negative comment about Pokerface at all. What I am expressing a view about is the extent to which some contributors here speculate about the possible reasons and motivations of individuals who happen to express a different point of view. It is inevitable that this is usually done without there being any knowledge at all about the particular contributor. However, Pross' analysis was quite exceptional on this occasion and worthy of comment. What is interesting and a little predictable to see is that, in so doing, the same speculative assumptions are being made again.
This discussion has been closed.