Can you name this rider?

Comments

• I bet Rowsell feels like a proper third wheel, even though she's a World Champ herself (or was she at this point?)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    I know I'm being stupid...but what event is that?
    Or why are 2 Gb riders in WC kit and 1 in ordinary national kit?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I know I'm being stupid...but what event is that?
    Or why are 2 Gb riders in WC kit and 1 in ordinary national kit?
    Team pursuit (right at the end). Only the riders who actually won the Worlds the previous year get to wear the kit, not the country's team.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Could be anyone - Colin Lewis?
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    A Swiss rider in the Tour de France from the 1950s - when they still rode in national teams and had to repair their own punctures. But not Koblet or Kubler, I think. Fritz Schar? Who knows
  • FJS wrote:
    A Swiss rider in the Tour de France from the 1950s - when they still rode in national teams and had to repair their own punctures. But not Koblet or Kubler, I think. Fritz Schar? Who knows

How do you know it's not the worlds ( or another race?)
  • FJS
    FJS wrote:

How do you know it's not the worlds ( or another race?)
    Assumed it was TdF rather than worlds. I don't think other races had national team those days?
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I bet Rowsell feels like a proper third wheel, even though she's a World Champ herself (or was she at this point?)
    Same thing with Danny King this year - missed out on the Worlds due to injury so was the only rider in the 4k pursuit squad at the nationals this week not in the rainbow kit.

SW1_8688.jpg

When it comes to Gold in Rio these 4 are the surest bet in sporting history! :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    SCHLECK-Andy002p_20031.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    Is that a young Andy Schleck?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Yep.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • It's the gormless look that I recognised
  • Raul Alcala?
  • mm1
    Yup, that Alcala. Still racing as far as I know, won the Mexican TT champs in 2010 at the age of 46.
  • Raul Alcala. He was such a classy rider. Rode for two of my favourite teams of the 80's - 7-Eleven and PDM.

Anyhoo, see if you can name/remember this dude...

glfc0784.jpg
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • mm1
    Alexi Grewal. There was something about him in VeloNews a few years back, had a pretty hard time since retiring from racing and was working as a carpenter and preacher also back on the bike. Everyone comes back to the bike eventually I reckon.
  • mm1 wrote:
    Alexi Grewal. There was something about him in VeloNews a few years back, had a pretty hard time since retiring from racing and was working as a carpenter and preacher also back on the bike. Everyone comes back to the bike eventually I reckon.

Got it in one. Very interesting story behind this man. Definitely worth a read.
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • We know it is Pantani but can anyone name the year and race presentation? If anyone had seen it I guess that lady would stick in your mind!
    pantani-DD.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Giro 2001 presentation?
  • Close, 1999.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    B2T5wW9IAAAeeNe.png
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    Is it Rodriguez?

(On the basis that it says Terrassa on his kit, and he's the only Catalan cyclist I can think of)
  • FJS
    Flecha? Also grew up in Catalonia.
  • Gotta be Big Mig, surely?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Is it Rodriguez?

(On the basis that it says Terrassa on his kit, and he's the only Catalan cyclist I can think of)

Can you please just get one wrong?

:D

It is indeed Purito.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    Can you please just get one wrong?
    All the ones where I don't answer I get wrong
  • What is the story behind this?
    tumblr_nf1a223J7R1r4mfcxo1_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest