Tour de Wirral villages !

13»

Comments

• Toe knee
    Toe knee Posts: 525
    Wheelbase is about 2 mins from me dave, where are you ?
  • davecara
    davecara Posts: 104
    I live just by Upton Cricket Club.
    I've know Colin for Donkeys and worked there very briefly after I left school ( after pestering him for a job everyday after school!).
    So, if I ever need a spend on a bike or bits, I always try and stick the business his way :D
    More personal and friendly service than ebay :lol:
  • Toe knee
    Give me a pm when you are ready for a ride dave,I will come out with you if I can mate. :D
  • Ringo 68
    Ringo 68 Posts: 441
    Met up with Ringo 68 today and had a ride out through the lanes to Chester and back via the Dee path to Shotton and then back onto the Wirral. A good ride out at a pretty gentle pace so we could chat pretty much all the way around. Probably 35 miles or so together, with a few extra for me to the meet up and ride home.

Here's the full route anyway (from Clatterbridge and back to Bromborough where Ringo lives for the "official" miles)

http://app.strava.com/rides/18922178

Flat and and a gentle pace, just my sort of ride. :mrgreen: though the chances of me remembering some of those little lanes into Chester are pretty slim.
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid
  • Toe knee
    That's not fair after the one Paul took me on, must say I couldn't remember some of the lanes we went up either. :D:lol:
  • AioxyJ
    AioxyJ Posts: 5
    Slightly off topic, but could anyone suggest a quality LBS in the Wirral or liverpool area? Just for a general noses about? I'd rather spend my hard earned pennies in a LBS rather than an Evans in the town centre!

The only half decent one I can think of off the top of my head is formby cycles, any more I should know?
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Cheshire Oaks Cycles / Birkenhead Cycles (same company)
    Graham Weigh Cycles ( in Shotton)
    Cycles Surgery (Eastham)
    Sixty Nine Cycles (Hoole, Chester) - honestly - best name ever!!
    The Bike Factory and Specialized Concept Store (Chester)

Those all get my vote, and all from memory will price match t'internet if they can.
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Morning. I am I'm the process of moving to Chester and looking for any rides or club to help me get into my new surroundings. Can anyone help?
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • Ringo 68
    ALaPlage wrote:
    Morning. I am I'm the process of moving to Chester and looking for any rides or club to help me get into my new surroundings. Can anyone help?

There are more experienced riders from the area than me who could probably help you more but here goes anyway.

The Eureka Cafe is the starting point for most club rides in the area and it is only a short ride from Chester. You could do a lot worse than turn up there on a Sunday morning and ask around.

I am plucking up the courage to join a club and from what I have seen, the Port Sunlight Wheelers is as good and as freindly as any in the area so they would be my recommendation.
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Just rock up at the Mills / Eureka and see what takes your fancy. All the local clubs are friendly and just ask if you can tag along with them for a bit and see what you think. If you're in Chester - then Chester RC may be a good bet - but otherwise all the clubs roll out from the Mills.
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Thanks for the advice Cougie and Ringo. I'll give the cafe a go.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    The Eureka may be a little quieter than normal this Sunday. The Wild Wales Sportive is on this Sunday and I know a lot of Port Sunlight Wheelers are on that. I guess many of the local clubs will be the same - Birkenhead Vic, Birkenhead North End etc. There is also Chester Road Club and Deeside Olympic nearby too - but they meet elsewhere for their rides.
  • My effort around the wirral today!

http://app.strava.com/rides/19565283

Bit tired now trying to refuel as much as possible!
  • Ringo 68
    A damn good effort Graeme with a fair bit of climbing too.

I had a look at some of your Strava segments that I have ridden and we are within seconds of each other on a few of them.

http://app.strava.com/rides/18018603
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid