Are you all pimp whores?

124»

Comments

• craigw99
    craigw99 Posts: 224
    no they posted the jockeys not garbage :roll:
    i'll see how long they last before confirming they are garbage :D
    opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them ;-)
    2012 boardman team F/S tarting has begun..
    1992 cannondale m1000 still going just
  • craigw99
    cooldad wrote:
    Sneaky edit above to spoil my fun.
    sorry bud next time :-)
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    they are not lime green, ergo they are not worth it ;)
  • craigw99
    lawman wrote:
    they are not lime green, ergo they are not worth it ;)
    true - i couldnt find lime :(
  • I'm not a pimp whore, but I will confess I have bought a bike much better than my ability! At the time I had the money, it was a very good price and it will last me a long time. I do get out and use it though.

I was going to upgrade a couple of bits but not to go flashier. I have an old hard tail frame I wanted to build up (mostly for practice and to have a spare bike or for more general use) and was going to upgrade bits on the good one and use the current bits on the hard tail but that's it.

I don't really have a problem with people pimping bikes or spending a lot on a bike, as long as it gets used. If their lifestyle means they can't use it much then so be it but to leave something in a garage and not use it is a shame. I'm also a massive fan of classic minis. They were designed to be driven not stored forever. Museums are for displaying things, not your own garage.
  • kieron_67
    kieron_67 Posts: 161
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    I'd get some but they dont fit my deore mech. Or my 2009 X9.

And are 20-30% of the value of my bike.
    you need these
    Random pimpage or the fasterRed

Thanks for the link just brought some, little bit of pimping but i actually needed them, the originals are looking more like a sharks fin
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I hope your not in a desperate rush 4- 6weeks usually!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • kieron_67
    kieron_67 Posts: 161
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    I hope your not in a desperate rush 4- 6weeks usually!

didnt know that, looks like i might have fork out some more and get some sooner if they dont come in time.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    whats wrong with a bit of pimpage, it seems that i'm so pimp that not only has gavalar tried to copy my name, he's also tried to copy my love of bling, if not my brand ocd
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ive a minor addiction to all things Shiny, its all about individuality imo. there is almost certainly not another Soul like mine, due to a wheel swap i no longer have the rainbow spoke nipples i had on the rims, (they've been bunged on the SS and also done the same on my Daughters bike for her as she has the Shiny bug too!!! 8) ) but thats a bit of the point, ive never been one for following the crowds,
    Its completely Over the top for a lot of people, there's only a handfull of bolts that havent been swapped out for coloured stainless now, but there in the pipeline! ;-) i just keep stopping the Buy button at £17 for a handfull of bolts! haha! but they will get done
    Most of my blingery is done due to a long term illness meaning a fair amount of time off the bike and a lot of time on the net, and magpie tendencies etc.
    i know not everyone sees the point, but its something i enjoy, tinkering with the bike!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481