Are you all pimp whores?

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    So they hang out with their wang's out in Essex?
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    So they hang out with their wang's out in Essex?
    They seem to be shipping the idiots in by the limo load at the moment! quite scary! they all look the same!

Anywhoo i digress

I like pimpage.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gavalar
    Gavalar Posts: 44
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    I like pimpage.

VW, i know what you mean, friday night in my neck of the woods is the same :|

Back to the bikes, I Like Beyonce, very bling Fella :D
  • VWsurfbum
    Gavalar wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    I like pimpage.

I've made a new Friend :lol:

Now if i could only see pictures on my work PC
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Gavalar wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    I like pimpage.

I've made a new Friend :lol:

Now if i could only see pictures on my work PC
    That is so Andy it's scary.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Where is Andy anyway? Did the police finally nail him?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786

What for? I don't think it's a crime to be gay anymore...
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Not that, the... you know, the other thing.
  • VWsurfbum
    Angry Bird wrote:

What for? I don't think it's a crime to be gay anymore...
    it was for his Glee stars stalking
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    Gavalar wrote:
    Well here you go guys. sorry if its not your thing but it is mine. Pimped but not finished :DP7240027.jpg
    If you replaced all the blue with red, it will be much faster
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    If you replaced all the blue with red, it will be much faster

This thread has made me want to start properly pimping my bikes. I have just fitted some red bottle cage bolts and a red mech hanger to the full susser I reckon it will go at least 0.000000000000000000000000000000000001 mph faster

My hardtail now has a purple seatpost, and a mimatched pair of grips one blue and one green and I am busily scanning the internet for more shiny stuff. Mmmm pink chainring bolts, mmmmm red saddle, mmmmm green valve caps, skull valve caps, dice valve caps, valve caps that flash. Ooh think I need to sit down before I get a stiffy in my purple lycra. :oops:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Contrary to everything I just said I nearly bought a new set of bars today (I want some wider ones so not a totally frivolous purchase) and saw a set of Chromags in the right width but didnt buy them because I wasnt sure whether the gold or bronze would go better with my bike. And they didnt have black.

I went into the shop for a non drive side retaining bolt for my cranks. I dint think they come in anything but black.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • I am also considering new bars. I would like to go a bit wider

My choices are between an astronomically priced and beautiful pimp whore Answer Pro Taper Carbon bar or a reasonable priced Superstar components bit of scaffolding.

In my head the Answer bar will make me 0.00001% faster, whereas the Superstar wont. I will probably just sell my soul and buy the pointless Answer bar like a bling slut.

Snot green Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x
  • VWsurfbum
    thats right ThePriory1978 just come a little closer to the dark side, you'll be faster than you could ever imagine!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • SPARTdAN
    SPARTdAN Posts: 26
    Gavalar wrote:
    Well here you go guys. sorry if its not your thing but it is mine. Pimped but not finished :DP7240027.jpg

Nice looking bike and colours there. Though the rims look a bit out of place.
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    I browse the Your Rides section from time to time and appreciate some of the bikes on there. I am fully aware of the your money, spend it how you like arguement but do wonder if some people take upgrading too far.

For example -
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    Lovely looking bike mate, How are the jockey wheels doing? May get some if they're recommended?

Jockey wheels? Really? Does anyone even care about their jockey wheels? If they are turning and the gears shift they work, does anyone really consider jockey wheels a pimp-able item?

If I was looking to spend say 20 quid on something it would be a tank of gas to get me somewhere I havent ridden before not a set of jockey wheels.

What makes you think I don't have problems with my current jockey wheels and don't need some new ones?... Aye, Guessed so.
  • paul.skibum
    They are still just jockey wheels though right? 7 quid, fit and forget, red white or blue they are black and covered in crap pretty quick and do a job that no amount of money thrown at them will make a noticeable difference.

Just my opinion though. You want diamond encrusted you giv'er.
  • trevron73
    trevron73 Posts: 23
    Back to OP,i was out yesterday on the wifes totally stock hardtail £599 the only things added are a lock that mounts on the seat post and a couple of pink stickers in support of Missy , i was following a guy on an expensive looking Cotic hardtail that had matching orange and green anodonised bling. I was jealous to say the least it brought me back to my childhood 25 years ago when i was riding my rockhopper and id shout "shit bike "at any body on a raleigh or simalar sub par bike (i was 15) now can understand bling my garage bike is black and yellow on everything and all boutique components and im too scared to go off road.I can picture the scene now .Wife goes what happened to your $300 dollar seat its ripped -Me i came off -wife ,What those £100 tyres slipped -Me yeah it was wet -Wife-you told me blah blah ect ,so i bling on one bike to feed my inner child, but i ride a totally standard bike as its cheap enough to fall off long live the bling as its all relative ,a wise man once told me to by the best you are prepared to pay for not what you can afford ,long live the bling and long live the stealth purchases ,live to ride .................
  • cooldad
    Are you insane. You have a mountain bike but won't ride it off road because it's pretty?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    SPARTdAN wrote:
    Gavalar wrote:

Nice looking bike and colours there. Though the rims look a bit out of place.

Good to see Maxxis sponsoring the man in the street.

That's surely the only reason for that fucking awful sticker isn't it?!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    You're entitled to one pointless thing per bike. Perhaps that's his?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Stickers are there to cover up scratches in my experience :-)
  • cooldad
    You're entitled to one pointless thing per bike. Perhaps that's his?
    Mine's the rider.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • paul.skibum
    trevron73 wrote:
    Back to OP,i was out yesterday on the wifes totally stock hardtail £599 the only things added are a lock that mounts on the seat post and a couple of pink stickers in support of Missy , i was following a guy on an expensive looking Cotic hardtail that had matching orange and green anodonised bling. I was jealous to say the least it brought me back to my childhood 25 years ago when i was riding my rockhopper and id shout "shoot bike "at any body on a raleigh or simalar sub par bike (i was 15) now can understand bling my garage bike is black and yellow on everything and all boutique components and im too scared to go off road.I can picture the scene now .Wife goes what happened to your $300 dollar seat its ripped -Me i came off -wife ,What those £100 tyres slipped -Me yeah it was wet -Wife-you told me blah blah ect ,so i bling on one bike to feed my inner child, but i ride a totally standard bike as its cheap enough to fall off long live the bling as its all relative ,a wise man once told me to by the best you are prepared to pay for not what you can afford ,long live the bling and long live the stealth purchases ,live to ride .................

This is (aside from being a little hard to read) almost exactly my problem with bling. Bikes should be ridden not stored in cabinets.
    Good to see Maxxis sponsoring the man in the street.

That's surely the only reason for that ******* awful sticker isn't it?!

+1

There is someone on here with a load of Monster stickers on a spesh something or rather - including replacing the big S on the head tube - looks pish.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    As the OP is getting so wound up over jockey wheels...

http://clee-cycles.co.uk/esite/P1074/product

Some lovely KCNC Ti DLC ones...

£109.99 each

Yes that is for ONE jockey wheel
  • paul.skibum
    I'd get some but they dont fit my deore mech. Or my 2009 X9.

And are 20-30% of the value of my bike.
  • VWsurfbum
    I'd get some but they dont fit my deore mech. Or my 2009 X9.

And are 20-30% of the value of my bike.
    you need these
    Random pimpage or the fasterRed
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • paul.skibum
    Hmmm, maybe my problem with pimping bikes is the amount of time it takes to actually find these things?

Those jockey wheels are sensibly priced, free delivery (even to Canada apparently) and look good (although I still dont really feel like I need good looking jockey wheels) and if I wanted to replace mine they'd be worth going for.

If I need something CRC is my go to guy, I cant be arsed looking around for something different when I know CRC will send me what I need next day.
  • craigw99
    craigw99 Posts: 224
    opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them ;-)
    2012 boardman team F/S tarting has begun..
    1992 cannondale m1000 still going just
  • cooldad
    Sneaky edit above to spoil my fun.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools