Are you all pimp whores?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Thank god for that. And it's an it, not a she.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    plugp7 wrote:
    plugp7 wrote:

If you are too poor to be able to afford £20 in petrol AND £20 on jockey wheels, that's your problem ;)

Nice attitude son.

Thanks for popping in with your valuable insight though.

My pleasure, son.

In the immortal words of Inigo Montoya - "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Gavalar
    Gavalar Posts: 44
    Ha Ha Ha :lol::lol:
    no it is a she and she has name :lol:

Anyway i have just taken delivery on my nice shiny blue stem, which i fit tonight. Then i will grace you with her beauty :mrgreen:
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    cooldad wrote:
    I was going to buy bling jockey wheels, but then discovered the wonders of the vajazzle.

Can you get fancy pretty coloured ones on CRC?
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    cooldad wrote:
    Those would match CWNT's new clown bike.

No it wouldn't, my clown bike (much like my clown shoes) has red bits, not orange.

It would have matched my old clown bike though.
  • Gavalar
    Woody

I got my blue and gold jockey wheels on ebay :D
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    Gavalar wrote:
    Woody

I got my blue and gold jockey wheels on ebay :D
    I meant the vajazzle! I had green jockeys on my Spicy because I'm a pimp whore already!
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Essex.
  • Gavalar
    Nothing wrong with Essex, alothough i do live a little to close to TOWIE land :roll:

But on the plus side i have Epping forest on my doorstep :D
  • cooldad
    Essex.
    POTD
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Gavalar wrote:
    Nothing wrong with Essex, alothough i do live a little to close to TOWIE land :roll:

Yay you.
    Sorry, I meant O.M.G. I'm like, well jej, innit.
  • Gavalar
    Gavalar wrote:

Yay you.
    Sorry, I meant O.M.G. I'm like, well jej, innit.

Ha ha ha no worries no offence taken :D
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    I like my bike to look good, and I can see the appeal in colour coordinating, hence why my bike has green fork stickers to match the pedals, grips. I don't over do it though, because too much can make it look shit, or like one of them awfully garish speshs you see about with red wheels and white bars and white fork lowers but a red crown... How can they make the most boring, grey of grey bikes, and still manage to fuck them up when they try to add colour?
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    In all seriousness shiny anodized bit are nice sure but hitting rocks and grinding dirt will soon make your Hope look like Tektro! perhaps spend more time riding rather than looking at your bikes.

Thanks.[/quote]

Nothing wrong with tektro they work fine lol
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • I know what you mean about the Spesh's bit "gaudy" imho. This thread = WIN! tis' cracking me up :lol::lol:. "Back in the day" i had a thing for purple anodized "bits" (yes THAT long ago :shock:) and my bar ends (remember those!) my brake booster horseshoe AND my canti stradle holder all a shocking purple with bolts and other bits too....... I feel better for getting it off my chest LMAO!

Kicked the habit and started doing crystal meth instead :roll: :lol: ......... Works out cheaper and is better for you in the long run!! :lol:. Not really averse to anodized bits really but a little goes a long way imho just out of interest whats the anodized "colour of the year" at the moment??...... Just wondering when purple will come back around so i can retire from "retro" purple bits sales!

Thanks.
  • I know bud had lots of Tektro stuff me self (you from Weymouth to then eh?).

Thanks.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I knew this one would incite rage and to be fair I did say that I was fully averse with the my money my problem answer.

I havent actually broken or worn anything out on my bike for ages. Partly due to riding summers only for the last eight or nine years and skiing in the winter, summer riding doesnt seem to take so much out of my kit, I have always been pretty easy on parts and I also buy hard wearing kit.

I had to replace the cranks on my hardtail a couple of summers back - I was on a budget so I got deore. I would have gone for XT had I had the spare cash. I built my FS up a couple of summers back too - it was supposed to be a budget build to give me a fun bike to ride so I got a full deore groupset cheap from Merlin, used an older set of wheels and got a discounted bar, stem and post combo - it all works and looks OK cost me under a grand.

Now, if I needed a new bar then I'd go for something decent but it would be black because everything else is (on a white frame) - I could not in all good concience replace everything just for the sake of a colour scheme. I fully agree that if something is worn out and you can get a coloured item to match your bike for the same price as a normal dull one then what the hell but replacing for the sake of it is the bit I find crazy.

I just dont think frivolous spending is in my psychie and with immigration costs mounting up and a future in Canada to plan out someone buying a coloured jockey wheel grinds my gears, even if they are buying it to avoid grinding their own! :wink:
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I knew this one would incite rage and to be fair I did say that I was fully averse with the my money my problem answer.

I havent actually broken or worn anything out on my bike for ages. Partly due to riding summers only for the last eight or nine years and skiing in the winter, summer riding doesnt seem to take so much out of my kit, I have always been pretty easy on parts and I also buy hard wearing kit.

I had to replace the cranks on my hardtail a couple of summers back - I was on a budget so I got deore. I would have gone for XT had I had the spare cash. I built my FS up a couple of summers back too - it was supposed to be a budget build to give me a fun bike to ride so I got a full deore groupset cheap from Merlin, used an older set of wheels and got a discounted bar, stem and post combo - it all works and looks OK cost me under a grand.

Now, if I needed a new bar then I'd go for something decent but it would be black because everything else is (on a white frame) - I could not in all good concience replace everything just for the sake of a colour scheme. I fully agree that if something is worn out and you can get a coloured item to match your bike for the same price as a normal dull one then what the hell but replacing for the sake of it is the bit I find crazy.

I just dont think frivolous spending is in my psychie and with immigration costs mounting up and a future in Canada to plan out someone buying a coloured jockey wheel grinds my gears, even if they are buying it to avoid grinding their own! :wink:

Why are you so interested in what everyone else is spending on there bikes and why does it get you so angry. If someone splashing 30 quid on some shiny crap from Superstar gets you so mad then I think you might have a problem in the future because unless your names Bill Gates there will always be someone with more spare cash than you.

Just ride your bloody bike and ignore everyone else.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I do for the most part - I only read the forums at work to off set the work related boredom. And I recognise that the forum has a concentrating effect in that the 5% of people who go all out with colours and flowers and odours are probably 95% of the people who post in the Your Rides section - the posts like mine with an ageing black and white bog standard heckler drift away from the front page pretty fast especially with no updates for 2 years as opposed tot he ones that get updated every five days with new bits and changes.

I love my bikes, I love riding them, I enjoy maintaining them and I enjoy never havign to spend a fortune doing anythign much to them. I fully accept that everyone is free to do what they want with their money and bikes.

I also despare at how empty some peoples lives are. :wink: (wink means I am joking! OK?!)
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Gavalar
    edited July 2012
    Well here you go guys. sorry if its not your thing but it is mine. Pimped but not finished :DP7240027.jpg
  • YeehaaMcgee
    ARGH, friggin HOPE skewers. Why on hell's earth do people still buy those pieces of crap?
    What's the deal with the headtube/toptube interface, has it crashed into a tree at high speed or something?

Definitely not ticking my "pretty boxes"
  • Gavalar
    Ha Ha Ha the head tube /top tube train wreck is what i like about. Each to there own mate, we are all entiteled to our opinions.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    It also looks like it's a little big for you - guesstimating by the short seatpost and large frame.
  • A16UYF
    A16UYF Posts: 66
    Hello All,

I would have to confess to being a pimp whore when it comes to my bike.

As I’ve just finished building her from the frame up, using some parts I already had on a previous bike and purchasing new ones where necessary. However now it’s up and running I’m looking at the finer details and changing parts to suite my color scheme, like brake hoses, gear cables, rotors and grips.

I’m changing these parts because to me, my bike is my hobby as well as a piece of equipment that I use to participate in my chosen sport.
    Cube Sting SCR (custom build)
    Spesh allez (factory build)
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I do for the most part - I only read the forums at work to off set the work related boredom. And I recognise that the forum has a concentrating effect in that the 5% of people who go all out with colours and flowers and odours are probably 95% of the people who post in the Your Rides section - the posts like mine with an ageing black and white bog standard heckler drift away from the front page pretty fast especially with no updates for 2 years as opposed tot he ones that get updated every five days with new bits and changes.

I love my bikes, I love riding them, I enjoy maintaining them and I enjoy never havign to spend a fortune doing anythign much to them. I fully accept that everyone is free to do what they want with their money and bikes.

I also despare at how empty some peoples lives are. :wink: (wink means I am joking! OK?!)

You are very obviously not joking or you wouldnt have gone on a public forum and written several thousand words on the subject, something has really got you angry. I dont know your circumstances but you have mentioned your in the process of emigrating and that your job is boring. Maybe thats the source of your anger, subconciously you need to vent about the job or the move. I would say dont worry everyone gets a bit down when they move or get a new job we always think the grass is greener but it is never quite as emerald green as it it was in the dream.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Gavalar
    It also looks like it's a little big for you - guesstimating by the short seatpost and large frame.

No its the right size for me, its a large frame and i am 6 foot 1, its just how i like to ride. Makes it easy to get over the back wheel on steep decents. That why i need a dropper seat post now :D (more bling)

Can i also say that this post seems to got a little out of hand (not aimed at you Mcgee) i was under the impression this was all just a bit of light hearted banter!!!!! Seems some people are taking it to heart :shock:
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Gavalar wrote:
    That why i need a dropper seat post now :D (more bling)
    Thow as much bling at it as you want, there's only one thing gonna make that bike pretty - alcohol, and lot's of it. :lol:
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Gavalar
    oodboo wrote:
    Gavalar wrote:
    Thow as much bling at it as you want, there's only one thing gonna make that bike pretty - alcohol, and lot's of it. :lol:

Ha Ha Ha luckily for me i drink like a fish :lol:
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    oodboo wrote:
    Gavalar wrote:
    :lol::lol:

Gavalar, You may only be close to Towie, They have ruined my beautiful home town with fake tans and Vajazzles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty