Etape du Tour 2013

Comments

• Boleynboy wrote:
    JS14 wrote:
    All of the Annecy hotels are booked out already, but I can personally recommend the La Ravoire campsite a few miles along the lake from Annecy.
    All of them? Or, just all that you could find/your travel agent had access to.

Annecy is not a small town, so that's crazy!

Nothing crazy about it at all, every hotel I tried on the in internet was booked, and that is how the majority of people book hotels in this day and age.
    Im sure if you try you will find places outside of the town, I mentioned the campsite because I know it and was just trying to help, sorry if that is so crazy?!
    Good luck to everyone signing up today, I think it is going to be a great ride, do not be put off by all the people moaning on here, it is an amazingly beautiful part of France, and the Semnoz will be tough!
  • I managed to book quite a nice B&B with a pool for me and my mate just 2km from the centre of Annecy. There were others, and there's a big choice if you're prepared to go up to 10km out.

Search for 'chambre d'hotes' on google.fr and that'll bring up stuff you might not find using UK searches.

If anyone wants help, I'm bilingual.
  • Signed up - it's live now, at 10am UK time.
  • Whats the link.

I can't find it?
  • http://www.asochallenges.com/home - there should be an Etape banner on that page, and you need to register from there. Best of luck.
  • It let me register but didn't ask for any payment details. Then I refreshed and have a two hour wait!!!
  • got in quick, now when trying to get back to my account its saying there is a long wait of 363 minutes!
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    I'm down to 3 minutes now :D
  • nice, so excited about doing the ride, its my first!
  • Just got in. It moved much quicker than estimated. Very excited now.

First Etape and a big challenge for me.
  • willy b
    :D I'm in and paid. Great stuff! Still in the que though as I need my brother's details.
  • I'm looking at a page that says (amongst other things) keep the page active without refreshing, waiting time 15 minutes. Will the page automatically redirect to the registration page at some point or do I need to do something ?

Thanks

Lee
  • willy b
    Just wait Lee. Don't refresh. Make sure you're logged in, you might have to enter your previous result again (as I did) you then go through to the payment page, and get conformation (which I then print screened) also should get an email.

List of entries is on the website too.
  • 25mins here and waiting

Is this about right?
  • ck99
    ck99 Posts: 44
    I am sort of in - but get the message when I click on pay by VISA?!!!

For safety reason, your request was interrupted. Please correct your request if necessary and submit it again.

Please mention the following reference of blocking : [2180020134317016219]
  • willy b
    Yeah. Mine started at 103, real time waiting probably around 30 minutes. Make sure you're logged in though.
  • ck99
    I assume my "for safety reason" blocker is because the Server is too busy. I shall keep trying. Anybody else had the same issue ?
  • I have paid but haven't received confirmation email yet nor does it show up in my ASO account yet but I assume im in and its all sorted
  • the amount has been taken from my bank account but when i check the list on the website my name doesnt show up!
    anyone else have this issue?
  • ck99
    Hey @kerry-Man or @ Willy B Did you go straight through to payments ? I keep retrying (20+ times) and I keep getting the security error. I am logged in and my profile is 100% complete. I assume (sadly) that registration is not complete until payment is made? I keep saving my error messages and have taken a screen print of my order in case there are any issues. Is it just me ???
  • So I've registered for me and a mate - it was worrying!

I did his and mine at same time on different computers. He got straight to payment page and got a payment accepted email. I had to que for "116 minutes" (47 in the end) and completed the process.

I then noticed my entry appeared in my account - it never appeared in his account through. I logged out and in again as him and managed to register without queuing again - paid again though - and it appeared in his account. Yet to check if I was charged twice on my credit card for his transactions.
  • I got straight through to payments and got a confirmation screen message with transaction details etc but nothing showing in my email or account yet, Ive just realised that i put my first name and last name in the wrong boxes, will this affect my transaction?
  • All complete in less than 5 minutes on the French side.
  • ck99
    I cannot get past the error message when I pay on VISA. Since trying, price is now 95 NOT 75. Very frustrating and I still cant get through
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    €75 place all gone - that was fast!

In at 95 and looking forward to it. A more relaxing route profile than this year's event. Training can wait to Spring :)
  • willy b
    I log in, entered my details, then had a que page. Finally the time went to zero, and it took me back to the original entry form, which I filled in again, clicked confirm, entered payment via Visa and had a conformation screen, conformation email (was in the junk folder) and am listed on the site.

Also did this for my brother, and is listed on the site and had an email.

A mate has also done this but is yet to receive an email.

As long as you have paid, and have conformation I wouldn't be too worried.
  • ck99
    OK. Finally in!!! The cause of my delay was one or more of the follwoing (a) very slow servers on ASO (b) my company network "blocking" the payment site (c) on the registration page as it asked for previous etape places & years and as I did last year for the first time, I entered last years details but left the other fields blank - so maybe it was expecting numbers?? Anyway, I have wasted Euros 20 as I was originally ready to pay 75 and about 2 hours of my life!!

I loved last year and that was gruelling and despite 7m of hard training, I clocked 9h 57m, which had the broom wagon been operated to the letter of the law (14km per hour over 140kms) - it would have been 500m away and heading to the final bend in LA Toussuire!
  • I'm in and my mate too,can't wait it's my first etape and looking really forward to it,it does'nt matter that it's not ventoux or the alpe i just wanted to be there for the 100th anniversary of the tour.Roll on july.
  • Hi guys,

I have signed up to my first etape today and am consequently very excited and a bit terrified!

I just wondered what the arrangements are nearer the time for organising the same start time as friends? We all put ourselves in the beginner category, so will be amongst the last out, but do you need to do anything else to get placed together?

thanks.