Stage 19 *SPOLIERS*

1235»

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Well, think there is no way Froome could have taken 3 minutes 21 seconds in the two summit finishes where he was stronger, the first of the two being when he went clear at 3.6km to go, the second at what, 2.5km to go? 3 minutes 21 gain in 6km? No way. Think we saw the best win the TDF and Sky did the correct strategy. Perhaps they could have let Froom go on the last mountain stage as it would have been harmless to Wiggo..but still, as Robert Millar points out, Froome new what he was signing up to. One presumes it's Sky that have turned him into a millionaire which I guess other teams maybe could not match or he would have left Sky last winter
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    -TJ, monster ride today and through the Tour to take 5th.
    le-tour-france-2012-stage-20120721-100431-872.jpg

It was very funny watching TV last night as the Dutch tried to claim he was the fastest Dutch person in the tour.
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    -Wiggins absolutely crushed his opposition. He did it in the Time Trials predominantly. This is 100x more boring than someone crushing them in the mountains - I am not sure how so many of you cannot see this; I guess it is down to the fact he is British.

Okay, it could have been more interesting. But at the risk of Wiggins not claiming GC? No thanks. Perhaps questions should be directed more at his competitors. It's been plain for all to see this year what Wiggins and SKY are capable of yet they could not get anywhere near.

It is perfectly understandable that we are immensely proud of Wiggins. Why should we have to check ourselves and say "but it was boring though"? I wonder if the Spaniards said that sort of thing when Indurain was dieseling his way though all those Tours?

We understand the way you feel. Please don't keep trying to tell us what we should feel.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Well, think there is no way Froome could have taken 3 minutes 21 seconds in the two summit finishes where he was stronger, the first of the two being when he went clear at 3.6km to go, the second at what, 2.5km to go? 3 minutes 21 gain in 6km? No way. Think we saw the best win the TDF and Sky did the correct strategy. Perhaps they could have let Froom go on the last mountain stage as it would have been harmless to Wiggo..but still, as Robert Millar points out, Froome new what he was signing up to. One presumes it's Sky that have turned him into a millionaire which I guess other teams maybe could not match or he would have left Sky last winter

On the last climb Wiggins only had Froome with him. A mechanical alone there would have been disaster for him. But it raises the interesting question if Froome would have given him a wheel if he'd punctured...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    Not so sure about that
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    TT'ing is one of the disciplines in bike racing. Not everyone can do it well, I know people who are much stronger than me in a road race but cannot tt. Psychological i suppose.

Many of us take part in TTs throughout the season. I for one love to watch a tt stage.

Most tours are spent waiting for something to happen.

Dont forget that wiggins and his team dropped EVERYONE else in the mountains at least once!

If the bloody tabloids start to drag cycling into their xenophobic bigotted kneejerk bullsh@t world i'm off to take up conkers.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    So just read an article about Andy Schleck. In it he says he can push 420 watts for a 40mins climb.
    Contador is the Greatest