Man cave

1235»

Comments

• DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    For a cheap solution, I'd get four lengths of 4x2' timber and arrange as two uprights and a cross bar against the sides and ceiling of that shed/locker, with the fourth as a central support. Then get screw or bolt on hooks from somewhere like Screwfix and hang the bikes, alternating rear & front wheel.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    My man cave is missing a few things, it now has my old PC, so this winter I can turbo outside instead of the conservatory (steamy) but more importantly I need to refresh some of my power tools :D

This is the kind of shopping that requires careful in store browsing, hours of picking up and examination in close detail but meanwhile any cordless drill recommendations?

Would a small microwave for those late night snack options be out of place?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    itboffin wrote:
    My man cave is missing a few things, it now has my old PC, so this winter I can turbo outside instead of the conservatory (steamy) but more importantly I need to refresh some of my power tools :D

This is the kind of shopping that requires careful in store browsing, hours of picking up and examination in close detail but meanwhile any cordless drill recommendations?

Makita BHP453 is usually either on sale or in some kind of bundle from Screwfix, it's a decent option.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    itboffin wrote:

Boff buying power tools.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    itboffin wrote:

I've had one of these for about 8 months. http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttc271ddh-12v-ni-cd-cordless-drill-driver/22026 Think I spend a bit more on it, so come down in price a lot.
    Can't fault it for the price. Nothing has gone wrong with it yet and I've used it quite a bit. I use a titan SDS for the really heavy duty stuff though.
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Asprilla wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Makita BHP453 is usually either on sale or in some kind of bundle from Screwfix, it's a decent option.

This. Definitely get a Li-Ion battery (lighter for easier hefting and keep charge for ages). If they do a choice of bundles then the additional battery is usually worth getting as they're pricey afterwards, and the bundle with the drillbits is pretty kack.

Having said that, the battery charges in about half an hour from flat, so don't worry too much about the 2nd battery for light use.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • itboffin
    MC update:
    last weekend i bought some trunking to extend the power sockets along the side wall, i'm planning on moving the freezer and tumble dryer from the kitchen and turning the Man Cave into something more family friendly :shock:

are my MC days coming to an end :cry:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    MC update:
    last weekend i bought some trunking to extend the power sockets along the side wall, i'm planning on moving the freezer and tumble dryer from the kitchen and turning the Man Cave into something more family friendly :shock:

Neutering is next.. :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:
    MC update:

Neutering is next.. :wink:
    `

no fear there that happened about 10 years ago :?