Man cave

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Oi! I've just tidied that. The state of it and the killer door keep the EPO at bay.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ok, so I admit I was too lazy to seek out the original thread when I started the new man cave thread. I was pottering about in the cave today so can update the library picture I lazily used. Now down to just one motorbike, in bits and a load of stuff. Important stuff mind.
    cave.jpg

Is that a dead body in the rear left corner? :shock:

Ah no - the eyes are open.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    I would class that as a storage space rather than man-cave besides where's your man-cave sign?

eh!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • veronese68
    Do you really think that needs a sign? It's quite clearly a man's domain, and it's cave like. Surely you don't need everything spelling out for you. Oh, and it's way more than storage space, there's plenty of room to work in there.
  • itboffin
    the tardis it is not
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    My Misus took one look at that pic and winced...
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    rubertoe wrote:
    My Misus took one look at that pic and winced...
    That's a good thing, keeps my beloved out of there. Unfortunately my son is not put off by such things.
    Regarding it not being a tardis it does a good impression. For a few years it housed a car, 2 motorcycles, 4 bicycles, a barbeque, my tools and assorted other tut. Not bad for a single garage.
  • itboffin
    Matchbox or Tonka?
  • ThatBikeGuy
    ThatBikeGuy Posts: 394
    There was me thinking mine was bad! :lol:
    8635596060_79d5cf7fee_z.jpg
    Cannondale SS Evo Team
    Kona Jake CX
    Cervelo P5
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Needs a tidy....

590AAA82-D35D-47B8-BC6C-17AEE9726F31-5379-000005AE98B9083E_zps9b708b2f.jpg
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • itboffin
    Serious "MEN" WTF is up will all this non bike related stuff?

:evil:
  • asprilla
    What's not bike related in there?
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • itboffin
    ladder unless you've found a way to use that :roll:
  • asprilla
    itboffin wrote:

Busted.

Though you obviously didn't spot the golf clubs.....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • itboffin
    Asprilla wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Busted.

Though you obviously didn't spot the golf clubs.....

You sir have shame yourself and let down all men, feel free to strip naked and spend the night on the main lawn in the buff of course.

oh and pics or it didnt happen, plus golf FFS what were you thinking :roll:
  • veronese68
    I was going to say a man needs other toys beyond bicycles, but golf is taking it a bit far. My toys mentioned above were all proper man size toys, not Tonka or Matchbox. Also I suspect the pink handlebars with yellow grips, bottom centre, may not be on a bike. And another thing, why does naked need a box?
  • asprilla
    Veronese68 wrote:
    And another thing, why does naked need a box?

Naked Wine Company; a case of Rod Easthope 2011 Sav Blanc is definately, definately bike related.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,170
    Asprilla wrote:
    Needs a tidy....

590AAA82-D35D-47B8-BC6C-17AEE9726F31-5379-000005AE98B9083E_zps9b708b2f.jpg

Fills me with the desire to install shelving units and bike hooks all Laurence-Llewelyn-Bowen-like (except in a very manly way, of course).
  • asprilla
    Bike hooks are on top of shelves on the right and two of the boxes in there contain wall mounted parts bins ready to go up. There are also a load of rubber coated ladder hooks to hang wheels from.

It's all ready to go, I just need the time.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • veronese68
    Asprilla wrote:
    It's all ready to go, I just need the time.
    When I was a kid I once asked my Dad what he wanted for his birthday. "Time" he replied. I wandered off thinking what a bloody stupid answer that was we had all the time in the world. Now...
  • asprilla
    So shamed was I by ITB's criticism that I made some time this weekend.

Actually, had this in-laws round to look after the kids while I did some odd jobs and I primed the old man. He mentioned to Mrs A that it would be easier and quicker for me to do stuff round the house if I could actually get to my tools. Somehow it's legitimate when he says it.

27E058D2-2124-4961-B967-616D04863E79-3939-000002E267DC4D89_zpsd197af25.jpg
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • itboffin
    Chapeau sir all that is needed now is a fridge "stacked" full of beer and i think what you have there is a real "Man-Cave".
  • asprilla
    itboffin wrote:
    Chapeau sir all that is needed now is a fridge "stacked" full of beer and i think what you have there is a real "Man-Cave".

See that tall white thing in the far left corner with a box of rims and a frame stacked on top....
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • veronese68
    I can still see golf clubs = fail
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Nice work - I need to sort my garage out at some point soon. Got to try and give the illusion of more space to hide an N+1....
    FCN 3 / 4
  • veronese68
    Nice work - I need to sort my garage out at some point soon. Got to try and give the illusion of more space to hide an N+1....
    Chaos is your friend here. My wife occasionally ventures out to bring me a cup of tea, she sometimes then gives me a sideways glance and asks how many bikes I have.
    I think this is a trap and she knows the answer really.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chaos is your friend here. My wife occasionally ventures out to bring me a cup of tea, she sometimes then gives me a sideways glance and asks how many bikes I have.
    I think this is a trap and she knows the answer really.

You're right - it's the same technique she uses with new shoes. New boxes go into the pile towards the bottom and then slowly make their way up through time at which point they are 'shoes that I've had for ages'. And she never brings tea to the cave, so I'm relatively safe.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • itboffin
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I can still see golf clubs = fail

At least we can see individual items in this man-cave, just saaaying :roll:
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    resized_shed.jpg

Uh, work-in-progress
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    jds_1981 wrote:
    Uh, work-in-progress
    Where are the famous shelves?
    Pannier, 120rpm.