Thread to remember our forgotten forumites

13»

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Well, you've kept that quiet! Especially given all the (my) recent threads (well 7 months ago). How many months are you and when is LO ( = little one, got that from mumsnet) due?

OH and congratulations.

Don't get a bugaboo.
    Proof straight from the horse's mouth, that a once proud keyboard warrior has followed the rest of us into domesticity and humdrumity. Tssssk. :wink:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,341
    CiB wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Well, you've kept that quiet! Especially given all the (my) recent threads (well 7 months ago). How many months are you and when is LO ( = little one, got that from mumsnet) due?

OH and congratulations.

Don't get a bugaboo.
    Proof straight from the horse's mouth, that a once proud keyboard warrior has followed the rest of us into domesticity and humdrumity. Tssssk. :wink:

I wonder if there's a 50 Shades-style thread over on Mumsnet. Anyway, anyone knows that Mumsnet is just a black ops division of the DM; Netmums is where it's at.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rjsterry wrote:
    Anyway, anyone knows that Mumsnet is just a black ops division of the DM; Netmums is where it's at.

Bloody splitters!!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    The cakestoppers invaded Mumsnet for kicks. They weren't nearly smutty enough and got thrown out.
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm up the duff

OH and congratulations.

Don't get a bugaboo.

Thanks everyone. Tis only gradually sinking in. Thank god for 9 months to get yourselves organised eh? The only thing we've done so far in terms of preparations is sell his fancy car (Golf R 32) and get a family estate car (Audi A4). He was v.gloomy at the time but has come round to it now.

Anyway, am due Nov 1st (in theory, I realise). Rest assured we will not be getting a bugaboo - we've been given my sister's old Phil & Ted's buggy instead. Boyf didn't look that excited til I told him the going rate for buggies and then he made a face not dissimilar to DDD's during the HOW MUCH AND IT'S NOT EVEN CARBON discussion. So now he thinks the free buggy is ace. My maternity pay is rubbish (pretty much statutory minimum) despite being here 5 years so have not been looking any gift horses in the mouth.

And yeah, I'm in the mumsnet camp. sorry. Who are netmums? Weirdos.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm up the duff

OH and congratulations.

Don't get a bugaboo.

Thanks everyone. Tis only gradually sinking in. Thank god for 9 months to get yourselves organised eh? The only thing we've done so far in terms of preparations is sell his fancy car (Golf R 32) and get a family estate car (Audi A4). He was v.gloomy at the time but has come round to it now.

Anyway, am due Nov 1st (in theory, I realise). Rest assured we will not be getting a bugaboo - we've been given my sister's old Phil & Ted's buggy instead. Boyf didn't look that excited til I told him the going rate for buggies and then he made a face not dissimilar to DDD's during the HOW MUCH AND IT'S NOT EVEN CARBON discussion. So now he thinks the free buggy is ace. My maternity pay is rubbish (pretty much statutory minimum) despite being here 5 years so have not been looking any gift horses in the mouth.

Congratulations! little boy or little girl.....?

Mumsnet is where it is at; For the record; we have an iCandy travel system - best part of £1000 in total. Worked well with the cot fitted when junior was very little. However,at 2.5 years old she has outgrown the seat a bit.....bugger!

And don't buy the oBaby brand strollers - they are not very wide, bit of a squish for junior!!

You actually need allot less than people will tell you - that will cheer up your other half.

This is the greatest poo related product ever:

http://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/n ... l_system_/
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    We have this. Kinda cool!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    rjsterry wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

OH and congratulations.

Don't get a bugaboo.

I wonder if there's a 50 Shades-style thread over on Mumsnet. Anyway, anyone knows that Mumsnet is just a black ops division of the DM; Netmums is where it's at.
    There are so many sex threads on mumsnet and netmums... and the advice is great!

Just saying....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Splitters!
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,341
    gtvlusso wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm up the duff

OH and congratulations.

Don't get a bugaboo.

Mumsnet is where it is at; For the record; we have an iCandy travel system - best part of £1000 in total. Worked well with the cot fitted when junior was very little. However,at 2.5 years old she has outgrown the seat a bit.....bugger!

And don't buy the oBaby brand strollers - they are not very wide, bit of a squish for junior!!

You actually need allot less than people will tell you - that will cheer up your other half.

I dunno: we inherited one, and the special cartridges of polythene are much more expensive than basic nappy sacks. It also encourages you to store poo in your/junior's bedroom. Best to get it outside asap I reckon, but YMMV.

If yours (GTV) is 2.5, then she'll more than likely fit a high-back booster seat by now. They are fairly cheap (<£50 IIRC) and SO much easier to use than a full child seat.

Congratulations LL and good luck!
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm up the duff

OH and congratulations.

Don't get a bugaboo.

Buggy? Buggy? You won't need one of those for some time, m'dear. They have wobbly necks to begin with and can't be trusted to sit in a buggy.

Those Swedish front loading pappoosse things (Baby Bjorn? It's been a while) are what you want for the first few months. Much easier than a buggy and much more practical.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    rjsterry wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm up the duff

OH and congratulations.

Don't get a bugaboo.

I dunno: we inherited one, and the special cartridges of polythene are much more expensive than basic nappy sacks. It also encourages you to store poo in your/junior's bedroom. Best to get it outside asap I reckon, but YMMV.

If yours (GTV) is 2.5, then she'll more than likely fit a high-back booster seat by now. They are fairly cheap (<£50 IIRC) and SO much easier to use than a full child seat.

Congratulations LL and good luck!

We had one of those. I really didn't like emptying it. Imagine pulling out a 10 foot long shit-filled sausage, and you've got the idea. The fact that there was plastic and rolled up nappies between me and the filling didn't really make it any better.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Anyone know if Yossie still hangs around here? I just did a Google for something, found what I wanted in a post on here by him and have PM'd him, then considered that the post was 2 years old and he's probably moved on to better things. Anyone know?

Ta.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Back on topic;

I think everyone migrated to www.cyclechat.net; then they all went insane.....
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    CiB wrote:
    Anyone know if Yossie still hangs around here? I just did a Google for something, found what I wanted in a post on here by him and have PM'd him, then considered that the post was 2 years old and he's probably moved on to better things. Anyone know?

Ta.
    He was in the Bottom Bracket recently. Posted on the Pendleton thread. He seems to be stalking her.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    This new Cbeebies model is a bit disappointing TBH

Capital 'B' in CBeebies, if you please.

It's OK, folks; I'm still here! 8)
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)