Thread to remember our forgotten forumites

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited July 2012 in Commuting chat
We do get through quite a few people on here! So, I got to thinking perhaps we need a thread to acknowledge those people that have passed through here, left and impression but - for whatever reason - haven't returned in some time.

So with that in mind I'll begin in the most poetic way I know how!
LiT,

Yes sometimes we did not and could not see eye to eye.

I thought her a posh snob. She thought me a fool with bad spelling and grammar. T'was a star-crossed mutual respect. I became a Dad; confused at not liking the brothers, but devastated nonetheless she fled London. Alas.

But she was good stuff, her bike epic, her gear inch discombobulating and I miss her. I hope she is still riding the good ride.

LiT, I doff my helmet to you!
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    LiT, I doff my helmet to you!

I bet you do.
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    <i>I bet you do.</i>

perfect. just perfect
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    Having said that, LiT did do a brilliant job of breaking up the, how did she put it? - "sausage fest". Not to detract from Ms Mancunia et als stalwart contributions
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    One of the reasons I started contributing here was that cute little image of LiT looking a bit lost & vulnerable that used to appear next to her musings.

There. Did I accidentally just post that? :)
  • DonDaddyD
    CiB wrote:
    One of the reasons I started contributing here was that cute little image of LiT looking a bit lost & vulnerable that used to appear next to her musings.

On face book there is an image of LiT painted green...
    profiles_VinaasanOrionSlaveGirl_3301_844816.jpegOrion slave girl.

No lie!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    When I started on here I used to wonder if the likes of LiT and DDD ever did any work due to the amount of time they spent on here. Now LiT has moved on and DDD's very quiet. I on the other hand spend too much time posting utter drivel on here.Sausage fest was a great phrase, I think it should be handed over to MSM, if she doesn't kick us in it.
    What about poor old Jeremy (won't somebody think of the children) Rundle, with his obsessions with Airzounds, cheap headcams and murderising squirrels. Some other trolls seem to have been more recently silenced. Brekkie, Buns or have I just avoided they're posts?
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    What happened to Hambones?

Edit: Prize for the most entertaining answer...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • CiB
    Porgy. He was a load of fun in between exposing us to his extravagant left-wing ideologies a bit too often.

I understand he's been back a few times under different guises but Porgy Mk I was worth running with.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,341
    CiB wrote:

Even went to the trouble of resizing the text too :roll: LiT's doing some postgrad stuff isn't she? Who'd have thought a student - of course not one of *those* students - didn't have time for posting?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • CiB
    Oh and the other end of the scale from Porgy, the ever delightful Sara Joy, esp when she kicked off about not daring to go commando in cycling shorts.

Top 3 so far then; Sara Joy, Porgy and LiT (for the pic).
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    NGale's gone very quiet too I noticed, although still posts every now and again.

I shall use the phrase "sausuage fest" if you're all getting a little bit lairy. That's when you'll know I'm serious. :D
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,341
    Not heard from Roastie or Citizen Smith for ages. I think they both moved to Bath IIRC. Actually, the Bristol/Bath lot are a bit quiet as a whole.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,316
    Coriander
    Jen J
    Linsen
    Biondino
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    edited July 2012
    msmancunia wrote:
    NGale's gone very quiet too I noticed, although still posts every now and again.

I shall use the phrase "sausuage fest" if you're all getting a little bit lairy. That's when you'll know I'm serious. :D

I am still about :D

Just busy these days with project managing a boat rebuild, repairing my bike after being offed by a Jack Russell terrier and trying to get cadets organised for summer camp :)
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Keith47
    Keith47 Posts: 158
    A Jack Russell terrier was trying to get cadets organised for summer camp?? Wow!! Did you train it yourself?
    The problem is we are not eating food anymore, we are eating food-like products.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    TGOTB wrote:
    What happened to Hambones?

Edit: Prize for the most entertaining answer...
    hes well and good. i saw him just last week. i was meant to be doing the same TT as him but my hip was sore so i just did the holding people up at the line. when his wife and kids werent in view i asked him how the secretary was.

:lol:
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Keith47 wrote:
    A Jack Russell terrier was trying to get cadets organised for summer camp?? Wow!! Did you train it yourself?
    :P
    I feel I may have missed some punctuation there :lol: :roll:

The Jack Russell is that good though
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Aw, you boys and your LiT crushes. It's sweet really.
  • DonDaddyD
    Spacebadger (great name when you realise she's a girl) has gone quiet. She coined the phrase "I've been duffed". Great phrase that, great phrase on so many levels.

Porgy was a Jedi, had to be.

Always Tyred, though he annoyed me, is another legend on here sorely missed. When he and Porgy went keyboard warrior you new your day at work was over as you joyfully clicked refersh on your browser.

GregT has gone quiet but that's because he had to quit his job at Barclays.... :twisted:

Also to name some more girlies: LondonLivvy, Totalnewbie and the delightful Pinkpedal ( :oops: )
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    some more girlies: LondonLivvy, Totalnewbie and the delightful Pinkpedal ( :oops: )

There's a pattern here.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • jonny_trousers
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    some more girlies: LondonLivvy, Totalnewbie and the delightful Pinkpedal ( :oops: )

There's a pattern here.

Ha! I'm not the only one who spotted it then :lol:
  • DonDaddyD
    What pattern? :evil:

Having met all three as well as LiTs, Cafewanda (she has gone missing to and she was really cool) and Linsen and taken the time to speak to them, they are actually really cool and friendly. They all added something to the site. There names are worth mentioning, unlike monkeypump who I didn't care for and W1 when he first came onto the scene.

Christophe3567 (or something like that) - used to buy beers at the Morpeth was also another cool guy.
    Food Chain number = 4

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Having met all three as well as LiTs, Cafewanda (she has gone missing to and she was really cool) and Linsen and taken the time to speak to them, they are actually really cool and friendly. They all added something to the site. There names are worth mentioning, unlike monkeypump who I didn't care for and W1 when he first came onto the scene.

Christophe3567 (or something like that) - used to buy beers at the Morpeth was also another cool guy.

CafeWanda hasn't gone missing! Posted today!

LondonLivvy pops in every now and then too for that matter.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    SimonAH wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

CafeWanda hasn't gone missing! Posted today!

LondonLivvy pops in every now and then too for that matter.
    I'd say they've been posting more than all the Ds recently, certainly Wanda has.
  • tailwindhome
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Maybe if they could get to know the new DDD. Protector of the innocents.

Not the Buckwild 2009/2010 version
  • SimonAH
    Stirrer of the poop :-)

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Is this a thread about DDD declaring his undying love for LiT?

or just a love of laydees and bikes - we have a thread for that!

Everyone that I have been fortunate enough to meet has been lovely. Differences of opinion aside, a nice bunch of people.
  • jonny_trousers
    I miss Juicy-Lucy, Nora Norks and Shaven_Haven69. Lovely girls! They knew feck all about bikes, but lovely girls all the same.
  • Not sure if it was his hat, his beard or his sense of humour but Hatbeard used to make me smile.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • SimonAH
    Not sure if it was his hat, his beard or his sense of humour but Hatbeard used to make me smile.

Lives over on LFGSS these days.