Thread to remember our forgotten forumites

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Sara Joy went from a techo geek to a school teacher, last heard of at Cheltenham Girls School and too far from home for much cycling along with her dancing and other interests it seems. CW posted in the Richmond Park pee-up thread this week after being told about it via Twitter.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Clever Pun (purveyor of sonic doom)
    BassJunkieUK
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Coriander
    Jen J
    Linsen
    Biondino
    itboffin

Yes itboffin is awesome wonder what's happened to him ...?

Shite i'm still here :evil:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    SimonAH wrote:
    Not sure if it was his hat, his beard or his sense of humour but Hatbeard used to make me smile.

Lives over on LFGSS these days.

He's good, had birthday drinks with him last month. He's achingly hip though, rides around on a fixed with little handlebars and wears a LFGSS cap instead of a helmet :P
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • domgears
    domgears Posts: 135
    I think GregT is the biggest loss to this thread, he is responsible for many a destroyed keyboard with his big ring posts and Ian Hislop alter ego.

Also worthy of mention are Snookes and King Donut.
  • dhope wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:
    Not sure if it was his hat, his beard or his sense of humour but Hatbeard used to make me smile.

He's good, had birthday drinks with him last month. He's achingly hip though, rides around on a fixed with little handlebars and wears a LFGSS cap instead of a helmet :P

Excellent. Never met him and wouldn't know him from Adam, but there are a few people here that often make 'laugh-out-loud' funny posts, and he was one of them.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    What pattern? :evil:

Having met all three as well as LiTs, Cafewanda (she has gone missing to and she was really cool) and Linsen and taken the time to speak to them, they are actually really cool and friendly. They all added something to the site. There names are worth mentioning, unlike monkeypump who I didn't care for and W1 when he first came onto the scene.

Christophe3567 (or something like that) - used to buy beers at the Morpeth was also another cool guy.

Love you too, buddy - hypocrisy, naivety, career indecision and all :wink:
  • ariba
    ariba Posts: 48
    SimonAH wrote:

met him this morning on the way in - a cool guy
    --

Battaglin C13 (white)
    Cube Analog (green/white)
    Decathlon 7.3 (yellow)
    Pinnacle Arkose 3 (grey)
    Looking for bike n+1
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Spacebadger (great name when you realise she's a girl) has gone quiet. She coined the phrase "I've been duffed". Great phrase that, great phrase on so many levels.

Porgy was a Jedi, had to be.

Always Tyred, though he annoyed me, is another legend on here sorely missed. When he and Porgy went keyboard warrior you new your day at work was over as you joyfully clicked refersh on your browser.

GregT has gone quiet but that's because he had to quit his job at Barclays.... :twisted:

Also to name some more girlies: LondonLivvy, Totalnewbie and the delightful Pinkpedal ( :oops: )

Didn't Always Tyred get banned?
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Headhuunter
    Coriander
    Jen J
    Linsen
    Biondino

Coriander came back briefly a few weeks back... Actually I saw her in Sainsbury's about a month ago and we had a bit of a chinwag...
  • Headhuunter
    rjsterry wrote:
    Not heard from Roastie or Citizen Smith for ages. I think they both moved to Bath IIRC. Actually, the Bristol/Bath lot are a bit quiet as a whole.

Yeah Roastie moved to Bristol or Bath or something a couple of years ago... He announced this at the time and said that he wouldn't be posting anymore...
  • The most memorable poster I have found,
    Has 4 cree lights and a big Airzound,
    With helpful tips and advice to lend,
    Like, “don’t ask here – Google is you friend…”
    I’ve told you once, hear what I said,
    Yon need cheap head cams on your Pinheads,
    Make your self seen with F**k Off lights,
    But don’t pollute the Sky at Night,
    Immac a squirrel, but God forbid,
    That we neglect to “think of the kids”,
    Never forgotten, thanks a bundle,
    The one and only ……
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,341
    rjsterry wrote:
    Not heard from Roastie or Citizen Smith for ages. I think they both moved to Bath IIRC. Actually, the Bristol/Bath lot are a bit quiet as a whole.

Yeah Roastie moved to Bristol or Bath or something a couple of years ago... He announced this at the time and said that he wouldn't be posting anymore...

I seem to remember he did pop in a couple of times after the move. A shame - he seemed like a top bloke, and his Ti framed commuter project was always worth hearing about.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • dhope
    ariba wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

Ah, are you another SE Londoner? I'll be back over that way in 2 months
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,316
    Old DDD

This new Cbeebies model is a bit disappointing TBH.

Old DDD would have never started the nonsense with Cake Stop. Even if he had he would have posted in Bottom Bracket by now and gone toe to toe until someone got banned.

I miss old DDD
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    The most memorable poster I have found,
    Has 4 cree lights and a big Airzound,
    With helpful tips and advice to lend,
    Like, “don’t ask here – Google is you friend…”
    I’ve told you once, hear what I said,
    Yon need cheap head cams on your Pinheads,
    Make your self seen with F**k Off lights,
    But don’t pollute the Sky at Night,
    Immac a squirrel, but God forbid,
    That we neglect to “think of the kids”,
    Never forgotten, thanks a bundle,
    The one and only ……
    :lol:
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Headhuunter
    dhope wrote:
    ariba wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

You're giving up on Balham already and moving back SE?
  • dhope
    dhope wrote:
    ariba wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

I like Balham but no more than I liked Greenwich. Seeing mates in SE more than those in SW and a friend's lease is up the same day as mine who wants to head back to Greenwich too so all the timing works out nicely to move back. Plus two of my current housemates are fecking morons :roll:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Headhuunter
    dhope wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    ariba wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

I like Balham but no more than I liked Greenwich. Seeing mates in SE more than those in SW and a friend's lease is up the same day as mine who wants to head back to Greenwich too so all the timing works out nicely to move back. Plus two of my current housemates are fecking morons :roll:

They all come crawling back...! See I told you not to go to Balham, they're all feckin' morons out there...
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Velostrapture or whatever they were called. I recall a few whiney posts and then we've heard nothing more. It seems like such a waste after all the hard work.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,946
    What about DonDon?!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Veronese68 wrote:
    .... Some other trolls seem to have been more recently silenced. ... Buns or have I just avoided they're posts?

Troll? Me? Shurely shome mishtake!

Got busy for a while and didn't have the opportunity to contribute. I got a bit frustrated by some of the nonsense that was posted, too... There are still people on this board to whom, I have told myself, I must never reply!

Maybe they'll realise the error of their ways :-)

Cheers,
    W.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    Veronese68 wrote:
    .... Some other trolls seem to have been more recently silenced. ... Buns or have I just avoided they're posts?

Troll? Me? Shurely shome mishtake!

Got busy for a while and didn't have the opportunity to contribute. I got a bit frustrated by some of the nonsense that was posted, too... There are still people on this board to whom, I have told myself, I must never reply!

Maybe they'll realise the error of their ways :-)

Cheers,
    W.
    I thought about that as I bit on your earlier post. I obviously didn't register the smily.
    I think I'm too old to get smilies. :lol:
    I was actually glad to see you post.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    I saw biondino down the local a few months ago with doggie. LiT is busy with writing essays and articles.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I miss BerkBonebonce. I never could work out if he was genuinely stupid, a bit misguided or an evil genius troll. He seemed to know about bikes yet so often his posts were out of phase with rightness by exactly 180 degrees. It was bizarre. I particularly enjoyed him insisting that you couldn't run a 13-29 with a Campag short cage despite me and others pointing out that we could and did and without any big-big problems.

I miss him.....

As for the girls - they never last for long after DDD finds them......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Daniel B wrote:
    What about DonDon?!

Yes!

And me, I miss me.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    As SimonAH pointed out, I post every now and again, but less often. I'm up the duff so have been I've been doing far less cycling (as don't have the same time / energy). And the Morpeth has been out too as beer is off the menu and there's only so many lemonades you can drink before you bore yourself.

Coriander is alive and well I can confirm (she and I are related - kinda - her bro is married to my sis).

I LOVED the hambones story and always wondered what happened as a result.

Now... tangentally... do any of you FGSS chaps know if the guy in the front pen at Etape (1, I think) on a fixie completed it? Boyf spotted him and was curious to know if he'd managed to finish the route.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    As SimonAH pointed out, I post every now and again, but less often. I'm up the duff .

Many congratulations!!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I'm up the duff

Well, you've kept that quiet! Especially given all the (my) recent threads (well 7 months ago). How many months are you and when is LO ( = little one, got that from mumsnet) due?

OH and congratulations.

Don't get a bugaboo.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    Congrats on being duffed up LL. Hope it all goes swimmingly for you.