Well Done Commuters

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155

Sorry, condescending, jelly-fishing, passive/aggressive, I am rational=correct and you are not, bollok-crapola explanation. I didn't see the old cakestop as an exclusive mens club, only a woman would have that stereotypical view......deeeep irony.

Wow, just wow.

Sexist much?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Veronese68 wrote:
    msmancunia wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    No one anything constructive to say in response to Msmancunia's post?
    A well argued case I would say.

1st point below - I hope she had the gumption to say "come back when you have something worth picking" maybe she does too.
    2nd point below - That's something that we will probably never have to deal with, or understand fully.
    msmancunia wrote:
    I’ve had a gang of male chefs all whack their c0cks out on a table and ask which one I preferred when I was still a teenager. This kind of stuff happens a lot more often than you guys probably realise.
    I agree with the above. I think she puts her point across well, she is the only one to have done so. She tells it from her perspective without getting stroppy. I think all of the nay sayers should at least give her credit for putting her head above the parapet and stating her case well. She's stuck around and is in favour of the changes, she hasn't vanished off the face of the earth like Velocestrapture, who got very angry about the whole thing, but didn't hang around for the aftermath.

Yep, have to agree there. :D

Sorry - have to admit, I'm getting stroppy now. First day off the fags and all that. Matt - better get your tin hat on love.
    I must say I wrote that before venturing into the bad jokes thread. :oops:

To be fair that 'joke' thread was probably the worst I have ever seen on this forum. Just because we now have an 'aduly only' section there's no reason for things to get as sick as some of those jokes did. I'm actually surprised by some of the people who posted in there. I'd say msmancunia's post was well written and there were a few threads which I could see in the old Cake Stop that went off topic and could have been offensive to anyone reading what they thought was a different thread. The 'girls in' threads though were pretty obvious in what they would contain although they did sometimes go a bit too far. As to the cOcks on a table in a kitchen, I'd have thought the chefs were just getting an opinion on which chicken would be best in the meal they were preparing or am I missing something?
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Sorry, condescending, jelly-fishing, passive/aggressive, I am rational=correct and you are not, bollok-crapola explanation. I didn't see the old cakestop as an exclusive mens club, only a woman would have that stereotypical view......deeeep irony.

Along with DDD you have stuffed something up for a lot of us who really looked forward to online banter with like minded individuals. It wasn't all men on CS posting, a lot of in-fighting was also present and we were (with a little help from mods) self rectifying. BB is now what it is and by your own rationale have no place here, so ever so politely I am asking you to sling your pouty hook back to the communters forum and whinge over there.

I am not a happy bunny and you are absolutely not welcome here. :evil:

Blimey, you're an angry little bloke aren't you? Caroline comes on to explain, nicely, why she was a little offended and all you can come up with is to call her names?

Look. Most of us are sorry that you appear to feel that your forum has been damaged. Most of us didn't have a problem with ogle threads, Most of us in fact used to dip into cake stop quite regularly.

And by the way please note that this is not a 'them and us' situation. Just because the couple of people who complained happen to post more often in CC than in other forums it does not mean that it was CC that complained.

Behave like that though and I garuantee you'll drive everyone out and you'll be left to throw toys around on your own. I mean, I apologise that the whole four months you've invested in BR forums has been ruined for you - but BB is CS of old no? Just change your bookmark (hint, it's under favourites).
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449

Along with DDD you have stuffed something up for a lot of us who really looked forward to online banter with like minded individuals. It wasn't all men on CS posting, a lot of in-fighting was also present and we were (with a little help from mods) self rectifying. BB is now what it is and by your own rationale have no place here, so ever so politely I am asking you to sling your pouty hook back to the communters forum and whinge over there.

U mad bro? :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited July 2012
    SimonAH wrote:

Blimey, you're an angry little bloke aren't you? Caroline comes on to explain, nicely, why she was a little offended and all you can come up with is to call her names?

Look. Most of us are sorry that you appear to feel that your forum has been damaged. Most of us didn't have a problem with ogle threads, Most of us in fact used to dip into cake stop quite regularly.

And by the way please note that this is not a 'them and us' situation. Just because the couple of people who complained happen to post more often in CC than in other forums it does not mean that it was CC that complained.

Behave like that though and I garuantee you'll drive everyone out and you'll be left to throw toys around on your own. I mean, I apologise that the whole four months you've invested in BR forums has been ruined for you - but BB is CS of old no? Just change your bookmark (hint, it's under favourites).

Not mad, just a bit miffed at our landscape being changed on a whim.
    :wink:

Post edited due to irrational kick off. :oops:
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Not one name calling there. I could have called her an idiot. I could have called her a cow. I could have called her anything, but if you read the post, not one name call. I accused her of jelly-fishing, described her behaviour as passive/aggressive but no names. Alright ?

Ah, ok, being a dick but not resorting to name calling makes all the difference. Good effort.

Seriously, you come across as a really whiney little baby.

And if you don't like name calling, perhaps you shouldn't be in BB.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Anonymous
    Greg66 wrote:
    Not one name calling there. I could have called her an idiot. I could have called her a cow. I could have called her anything, but if you read the post, not one name call. I accused her of jelly-fishing, described her behaviour as passive/aggressive but no names. Alright ?

Ah, ok, being a dick but not resorting to name calling makes all the difference. Good effort.

Seriously, you come across as a really whiney little baby.

And if you don't like name calling, perhaps you shouldn't be in BB.

heehee, I might just fall at your feet and have a tug, you are fabulous.

I might have to call Rick, say you called me a name ( and a rude one :shock: ) and get yer a55 banned but that may be the act of a whiney little baby, sheesh. :wink:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,105
    SimonAH wrote:

I didn't read her post as nice at all, condescending and patronising, yes. She's obviously feeling guilty about being on that moral high horse and you yourself actually apologised in your reply, so you admit there was meddling and whining going on in the Commuters about cakestop content. Self censor, turn off, whatever.

I am replying to one post (now 2), not throwing my toys out, hardly started as it goes.

It's not your landscape, it's BR/Future Publishing's landscape, and you don't get to choose who posts here or not.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • greg66_tri_v2.0

I might have to call Rick, say you called me a name ( and a rude one :shock: ) and get yer a55 banned but that may be the act of a whiney little baby, sheesh. :wink:

Rick once called me a *very* bad name. Before he ascended to divine status. I was surprised that he was allowed to ascend which such a blot on his copybook, TBH. But it does show he's not remotely averse to name calling...

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Anonymous
    rjsterry wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

I didn't read her post as nice at all, condescending and patronising, yes. She's obviously feeling guilty about being on that moral high horse and you yourself actually apologised in your reply, so you admit there was meddling and whining going on in the Commuters about cakestop content. Self censor, turn off, whatever.

I am replying to one post (now 2), not throwing my toys out, hardly started as it goes.

It's not your landscape, it's BR/Future Publishing's landscape, and you don't get to choose who posts here or not.

I know, duh.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    I have to say lads, the massive amount of sympathy I had for the Cake Stop regulars in having their forum changed on the whim of a handful of busy-bodies who didn't hang out there anyway, is waning a little reading some of the posts above. I think the whole moving Cake Stop to Bottom Bracket thing was an absolute farce, but whining about it now and blaming 'the commuters' for the change seems a little sad. Isn't it just a case of carry on as usual only in a new part of the forum?

And Matt, although you tend to come across as reasonable and understanding in your posts, I'm starting to wonder if you just enjoy sh*t-stirring. That's two threads you've created now directed towards 'Commuters' and the perceived downfall of Cake Stop.
  • Anonymous
    I have to say lads, the massive amount of sympathy I had for the Cake Stop regulars in having their forum changed on the whim of a handful of busy-bodies who didn't hang out there anyway, is waning a little reading some of the posts above. I think the whole moving Cake Stop to Bottom Bracket thing was an absolute farce, but whining about it now and blaming 'the commuters' for the change seems a little sad. Isn't it just a case of carry on as usual only in a new part of the forum?

And Matt, although you tend to come across as reasonable and understanding in your posts, I'm starting to wonder if you just enjoy sh*t-stirring. That's two threads you've created now directed towards 'Commuters' and the perceived downfall of Cake Stop.

Not whining. Jeez, what is it about commuters missing points ?

Anyhoo, games-a-bogey, enough said all round now i think we must move on ?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Greg66 wrote:
    Rick once called me a *very* bad name.

Did he suggest you were middle class?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    waterpour.gif
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    ^^^ thats actually quite serene.

anyway

602406_10150930849101299_1501890187_n.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    Greg66 wrote:

Had he done that, I would have climbed into my modem, crawled down the phone line, tracked him down, and throttled the little sod with his red trousers. To death.

There are limits, you know.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Greg66 wrote:

Rick once called me a *very* bad name. Before he ascended to divine status. I was surprised that he was allowed to ascend which such a blot on his copybook, TBH. But it does show he's not remotely averse to name calling...

Yeh Greg you MASSHOOF c0ck
    man_with_a_very_big_cock.jpg

and Ms hankypanky that sounds like a total c0ck and ball story too me ...
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Greg66 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

Had he done that, I would have climbed into my modem, crawled down the phone line, tracked him down, and throttled the little sod with his red trousers. To death.

:shock:

No one other than us even know what you just said you fossil
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    ^^^ thats actually quite serene.

anyway

602406_10150930849101299_1501890187_n.jpg

The thing is Cleat they actually teach it in primary schools now, to open up as soon as you feel hurt or offended about the slightest little thing. I heard this from speaking to a work colleague because whenever he has cause to admonish his 6yr old son about something he comes out with 'I'm sorry Dad, you've hurt my feelings I'm not happy'. It seems there are teachers telling kids at a very impressionable age you should be able to get through life and expect not to be offended in anyway what so ever.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

:shock:

No one other than us even know what you just said you fossil

Don't tell me you don't remember phone dialling tones, be-bong-be-bong, then waiting for jpegs to appear line by line, because I simply won't believe it!

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ...Well to be fair Matt, you ve got them over here....

Ironically they re posting in the Death Zone not the uber Safe CS zone...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    ddraver wrote:
    ...Well to be fair Matt, you ve got them over here....

Ironically they re posting in the Death Zone not the uber Safe CS zone...

Got who over here exactly? A bunch of people who either agreed that Cake Stop should be left alone or said they couldn't care less? Unless I'm very much mistaken, you've not managed to draw in either of the two who buggered up Cake Stop for you - one of whom just so happens to post his contradictory garbage in Commuting Chat, the other who clearly has no interest in the site beyond moaning when she decides to be offended - but then I suppose it's easier to create some kind of silly them-and-us scenario.

Anyway, tell me more about this 'Death Zone', it sounds like totally epic.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Think my thoughts are summed up by this Pussy

funny-pictures-dat-cat-just-dont-care.jpg
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • siamon
    siamon Posts: 274
    The irony is that MattC59 also loves to jump into threads that folk are having a good laugh at and soil it for everybody. He, caroline and iain are peas in a frigging pod. They are welcome to each other.

DMClite is bang on, if a little blunt.

Cleats Fry quote is also completely apt.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    It is all a bit of a pity. If DDD had any class, he'd have posted his whiny thread here - I like him but it was a cowardly snidey little post for trying to hide in Commuting where it had no business to be. I think there was some element of reasonableness in the idea of the thread - some NSfW stuff was being posted in Cake Stop threads where you wouldn't expect it so I think it needed a bit of control - but a light hand, not a heavy hand.

And DDD gets a lot of blame from me for winding up the more moronic in here who seem to think that if you commute then by definition you are not a cyclist. Just because DDD may have been a tit doesn't mean its any more OK for people in here to sink to the same level.

But I really can't see how the Girls in threads could be regarded as that offensive to the extent people wouldn't visit Cake Stop at all. They were clearly labelled so you knew what you'd get if you went in there. To object to them in this respect is no different to refusing to enter a Newsagents because they sell Penthouse.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    I thought in fairness I should show up and admit to being an occasional cake stop / regular commuting chat poster who backed-up where msmacunia and others were coming from.

I didn't call for a new forum or a ban on the "girls" threads. I did say that I totally "got" why women would find the existence of those threads, and particularly some of the more close to the bone pics and sleazy comments off-putting.

I drew the analogy to a woman walking into a pub or a coffee bar to find a group of blokes passing round jazz mags and making dodgy comments. They'd probably choose to go somewhere else.

Personally, I've got no objection to a bit of filth. :D But at the right time and in the right place. Cakestop wasn't it - a general offtopic forum for road cyclists shouldn't require women to avert their gaze from what's going on in some corners.

My suggestion was that posters should bear that in mind before they typed.
    I guess the moderators acted because people didn't do that.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    It seems there are teachers telling kids at a very impressionable age you should be able to get through life and expect not to be offended in anyway what so ever.

They've been teaching some kids that for the past 20/30 years, judging by the evidence in these very fora.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    Ben6899 wrote:
    It seems there are teachers telling kids at a very impressionable age you should be able to get through life and expect not to be offended in anyway what so ever.

They've been teaching some kids that for the past 20/30 years, judging by the evidence in these very fora.

I know, objecting to jokes about raping 8 year olds and using children to masturbate you is so outre these days.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    iainment wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

I know, objecting to jokes about raping 8 year olds and using children to masturbate you is so outre these days.

For christs sake change the record. Whether funny or not they were jokes and not to be taken seriously.

For the sake of a joke you basically accused another member on here of being a paedo because it made him laugh, taking things too far? I think so.

Tell you what why not post up your funniest joke and see if we can tell what type of person you are
  • Anonymous
    iainment wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

Jog on dopey, your are holding onto this like a fat kids grip on the last piece of pie. :roll: