Lidl Bike Stand £29.99 from 5th July

124»

Comments

• Mmm ... wouldn't like to comment on an lbs I had never been in - but - as its set up for riding my seat post is a bit short to clamp in the stand also. All I do (and every lbs my bike has ever been in did the same) is raise my seat post a bit to expose enough and put it back to the right level when I'm finished.

Do a search around and I would be amazed if you don't find the general consensus is that you don't clamp bikes by the top tube - especially carbon framed bikes. I'm not contributing to the carbon hysteria (melts in the rain, softer than cheese etc etc) that appears from time to time (I would buy a carbon bike in a heartbeat if I could afford one) but top tubes just aren't designed for compressive forces and seat posts are - seems simple logic to me where one should clamp a bike in a stand :?:

Anyway don't want to labour it so each to their own - let us know though please if you do return yours and find a stand that will clamp a tapering top tube so its stable (I would be genuinly interested to see the design as I can't imagine how it could work unless the clamp was adjustable at two points so it closed in on the tube with a parralel slope to the taper so it fitted snugly).
  • Well just to bring this thread back up. I used my stand the other day. It's....ok. I think I expected more. Everyone raves about this "for the money" thing. Well, yeah it's not £100+ like the park one or pro ones, but I still expect it to do its job. And it does....ish. It's adequate, but for me, the bike still rotates easily and the clamp pressure is no where near enough to stop it from doing so. I thought this model was supposedly "revised" to prevent this? It looks like the only wat to stop it would be to drill a hole into the pole that sticks out at a right angle to the verticle pole, and insert a rod/screw through the plastic mount it sits in to lock it in position. I didn't expect to have to faff about with it at all to be honest.
  • To resolve the rotation, I tightened the clamp head bolt on the arm - is this what you mean ?
    All the gear, but no idea...