Cannock tonight, at least 8 people with no helmets

1235»

Comments

• MDobs
    MDobs Posts: 167
    can't believe this thread is still going... is this the new 'blame it on wiggle' thread? :wink:
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    billyballs wrote:
    my missus likes me to wear my helmet in bed.
    is the one down below not big enough for her then ? :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • billyballs
    billyballs Posts: 41
    Nice one chez--your probably right ha ha. She thinks i look cute in my helmet and nowt else, wear mine every night.
  • appy wrote:
    unlike you I don't start threads to gain appraisal as you put it, and id say judging by this thread more people agree with wearing helmets that don't. how am I changing my tune? I stand by what I originally said but admit I could have worded it better, that's far from changing my tune. Or maybe your post was just to gain appraisal from some forum members?
    Well all you have to do is read what I originally quoted of what you said. Then read the original post. Now see why I'm saying you changed your tune. Also where is the justification for the "unlike you" comment??

"Im a trauma medic and if i find you lying in a heap with your head caved in do you think i should stop and help? Do you think people who ride with no helmet deserve help when they dont take some measures to help themselves? Seriously ..retards"

YES is the answer you SHOULD help. Definitely. No question. You are almost saying it's so dissatisfying to help someone lying on the floor with a split head because they didn't wear a helmet that it outweighs the act of potentially saving someone. That's a pretty basic moral compass right there in my opinion. The only original information you gave implied that you feel that it isn't your duty to treat people who make poor judgement--but I'm willing to bet a lot of the time, people who are treated for 'accidents' are in that position as a result of some bad judgement (i.e. getting pissed, whatever.)

I was saying you'd changed your tune with relation to the original post and that quote because you HAD:

"i love my job and treat everyone the same, i wouldnt do it otherwise. Just because i dont agree with something doesnt mean ill treat them different"

Now in my book that's changing your tune. To someone like me who has no idea who you are or what you're like, when I read your first post you seemed like you completely lacked compassion for what must be a large proportion of what you do. Then you said that, which didn't lack compassion and seemed to combat the possible inference that you wouldn't help said people if you were in a position not to. No need to get so unfairly defensive.

Also I put it as appraisal because the primary definition of it is "the act of estimating or judging the nature or value of something or someone." I'd say people were bound to give an appraisal of your post and you were obviously (from your tone) hoping that everyone would agree and have a good old bitch about it.

Very childish way of defending yourself to be honest.

EDIT: Also it was actually you that put it wrongly as "gain appraisal", I said "give" as in to provide. I'm sorry but I felt personally attacked by your reply, as I was just being fair.
  • Also to add, I think a helmet is absolutely vital if you're doing any riding other than a casual ride along the pavement to a friend's house. I wasn't disagreeing about the idea of wearing a helmet or not, just what you were saying about the injured people who chose not to.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Also to add, I think a helmet is absolutely vital if you're doing any riding other than a casual ride along the pavement to a friend's house.
    i know a mate who did that. was in hospital for a week.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Haha fair point anything can happen but within certain reason it's fair enough not to I think, I mean some people are just unfortunate! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_deaths
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    now that has to be most interesting part of this entire thread
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    An unnamed 16-year-old boy from Rubiataba, Brazil, died after masturbating forty-two consecutive times.[229]
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    1514: György Dózsa, Székely man-at-arms and peasants' revolt leader in Hungary, was condemned to sit on a red-hot iron throne with a red-hot iron crown on his head and a red-hot sceptre in his hand (mocking his ambition to be king), by Hungarian landed nobility in Transylvania. While Dózsa was still alive, he was set upon and his partially roasted body was eaten by six of his fellow rebels, who had been starved for a week beforehand.
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    billyballs wrote:
    my missus likes me to wear my helmet in bed.

I think she tells all of us that....
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    nicklouse wrote:
    Also to add, I think a helmet is absolutely vital if you're doing any riding other than a casual ride along the pavement to a friend's house.
    i know a mate who did that. was in hospital for a week.
    Sounds like a hell of a ride. Most people who ride to their friends house arrive at their friends house I'd wager.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Haha yeah some of the stuff in that list is unbelievable!
  • billyballs
    billyballs Posts: 41
    An unnamed 16-year-old boy from Rubiataba, Brazil, died after masturbating forty-two consecutive times.[229]
    Should have worn his helmet .
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    He was. It was foam.
  • billyballs wrote:
    Should have worn his helmet .
    I think he did a little too quickly...