Wiggins training in Mallorca

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Are nt we missing the major problem here? Clearly becasue he's training in Mallorca it means he's doping!!!

Come on Critical faculties please guys!!

(not a serious post)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • OfficerDigby
    OfficerDigby Posts: 110
    V. good interview there.

5-5 1/2hr ride as a taper....

Does really put things in perspective!
  • esafosfina
    esafosfina Posts: 131
    Turfle wrote:
    I believe national and world champs are expected to wear their national colours whenever possible.

Yes they are... it's good exposure for sponsors. It's just a nuisance that UK champs jerseys are white, bitch to keep up with the laundry! :wink:

Anyone else notice that the pictures feature a race number still attached to his bike?
  • natsnoz
    natsnoz Posts: 235
    Turfle wrote:
    I believe national and world champs are expected to wear their national colours whenever possible.

is the right answer - Inner Ring blogged about it last year?

I seem to recall in someone's book (Millar's?) they mention that Lance had a massive box full of Worlds Champs Jerseys (obviously when he was world champ) in his flat in wherever.

It was in David Millars book.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    Considering he doesn't ride that bike anymore, I'd say it was pre Dauphine.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    RichN95 wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Anyone else find it odd that he is training in a national champ kit. I honestly don't think I have seen anyone else do this except at team camps.

Yeah, they do train in it. Notably, Google StreetView managed to capture Tom Boonen hanging around outside Vansummeren's house, ready to start a training run.

tomboonen-550x315.jpg

Vansummeren needs to ask for a pay rise if that's his flat and car.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Beatmaker wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    Anyone else find it odd that he is training in a national champ kit. I honestly don't think I have seen anyone else do this except at team camps.

Yeah, they do train in it. Notably, Google StreetView managed to capture Tom Boonen hanging around outside Vansummeren's house, ready to start a training run.

tomboonen-550x315.jpg

I love that picture.

It's like they're a bunch of kids asking whether Vansummeren can come out and play.
  • esafosfina wrote:
    Turfle wrote:

Yes they are... it's good exposure for sponsors. It's just a nuisance that UK champs jerseys are white, ***** to keep up with the laundry! :wink:

Anyone else notice that the pictures feature a race number still attached to his bike?

Na, it's the number for the sportive he's taking part in during those photos. Would explain the race face as he's clearly winning* with nobody near him.

*Yes, I know
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I think exactly the same thing every time I see it Rick

"Mrs. Vansummeren, can Johan come out to play please?" :D
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    Graeme_S wrote:

+1, LMFAO !!!!!
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    ...or they're playing knock down ginger on bikes and tommeke is keeping lookout !!!!
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Oh no that is it. Training in Mallorca. I bet he is stuffing his face with sobrasada and ensaimadas instead.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Greggyr wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:

+1, LMFAO !!!!!
    Greggyr wrote:
    ...or they're playing knock down ginger on bikes and tommeke is keeping lookout !!!!

Nah... I think that's Johan's bike on the right. He's popped back in for a pooh.
    Always happens the moment the lads arrive. That's why Tom's not looking best pleased.
  • a pooh?????????

Winnie-The-Pooh.jpg
  • alwaystoohot
    alwaystoohot Posts: 252
    Why's he training in his GB shirt? Not kewl.....
    'I started with nothing and still have most of it left.'
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    A Quickstop?

Or maybe Johan has popped home mid training ride to make sure that his sexy Mrs is behaving herself?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Why's he training in his GB shirt? Not kewl.....

already answered

+ you're wrong
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    A Quickstop?
    A Mega Farter Quickstop?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    RichN95 wrote:
    A Quickstop?
    A Mega Farter Quickstop?

Sounds painful!

Of course if he was a True Champion TM he'd poo in his casquette while riding and get one of his domestiques to dispose of it.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,184
    bompington wrote:
    I think we need a "just 'cos you're the national champ, does that really entitle you to wear the national champ's jersey" thread

A bit like the buffoon who told Pokerface his bike was too good and that you'd have to be "like national squad level to ride that" :lol:
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Pross wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    I think we need a "just 'cos you're the national champ, does that really entitle you to wear the national champ's jersey" thread

A bit like the buffoon who told Pokerface his bike was too good and that you'd have to be "like national squad level to ride that" :lol:
    Indeed exactly the kind of thing I had in mind, together with all those threads (don't recall seeing one for a while) about whether you were allowed to wear a yellow jersey or whatever....
  • Pross wrote:
    bompington wrote:

haha, quality. Was pokerface wearing his world champs jersey at the time? :lol:
  • It's a good interview with the BBC. Enjoyed listening to that, not sure I would have said that about Wiggo before; he has jarred a bit at times.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    It's a good interview with the BBC. Enjoyed listening to that, not sure I would have said that about Wiggo before; he has jarred a bit at times.

I think he's relaxed a bit - ironically, seeing as he's probably living with more expectation than ever. For a fundamentally shy bloke, he seems to be enjoying the media stuff a bit more now. Have you watched the half-hour Wiggins special on Eurosport from last week? I fell about when he talked about the last lap at the World's last year..."my incredible last lap, where I was just amazing". The guy's having a laugh!
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    It's a good interview with the BBC. Enjoyed listening to that, not sure I would have said that about Wiggo before; he has jarred a bit at times.

I think he's relaxed a bit - ironically, seeing as he's probably living with more expectation than ever. For a fundamentally shy bloke, he seems to be enjoying the media stuff a bit more now. Have you watched the half-hour Wiggins special on Eurosport from last week? I fell about when he talked about the last lap at the World's last year..."my incredible last lap, where I was just amazing". The guy's having a laugh!

I haven't seen the Eurosport special but I did think his last lap was pretty good. He did a huge turn on the front and I think paid Cavendish back for anything that he may have owed him from Beijing 08.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Got a link to the Eurosport thing? Ta.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Beatmaker wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:

tomboonen-550x315.jpg

I love that picture.

It's like they're a bunch of kids asking whether Vansummeren can come out and play.

Never seen that photo before - it's truly brilliant! Why've they defocussed Boonen's ear and arse?

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Never seen that photo before - it's truly brilliant! Why've they defocussed Boonen's ear and ars*?

Not sure about the ear, but the other bit is probably to prevent Rick Chasey spontaneously combusting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    If you go look at the current version they have completely blurred all the riders faces.