TdF Teams

124»

Comments

• DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    Pinot is youngest rider at 22. Watch out for him as he is motivated and going in to make an impact and has a talent to match. Was top 10 in TdS but had to pull out on final due due to sunstroke.

Pinot is possibly the pick of a clutch of exciting young French riders. I'm excited to see how he gets on.

I'm a lttle bit disappointed not to see Romain Bardet in the AG2R squad though.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Bardet showed in TofTurkey and Amstel (esp)/Fleche - anything else?

I guess it is simply down to being a new-pro. Although Pinot is only 22, he has been with FDJ or three years.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DeadCalm
    Bardet showed in TofTurkey and Amstel (esp)/Fleche - anything else?

I guess it is simply down to being a new-pro. Although Pinot is only 22, he has been with FDJ or three years.

I expect you're right, it's probably too soon for him but I think he's a real talent and he oozes panache.
  • frenchfighter
    What makes you say panache?

I read as an amateur he won Giro della Valle d’Aosta with style.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DeadCalm
    What makes you say panache?

I read as an amateur he won Giro della Valle d’Aosta with style.

He's also taken mountain stages in the tour de l'Avenir and the tour de pays de Savoie. I guess I equate panache with aggressive, attacking riding and that's how he's ridden whenever I've watched him which, admittedly, is not that often.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,184
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Pinot is youngest rider at 22. Watch out for him as he is motivated and going in to make an impact and has a talent to match. Was top 10 in TdS but had to pull out on final due due to sunstroke.

Pinot is possibly the pick of a clutch of exciting young French riders. I'm excited to see how he gets on.

I'm a lttle bit disappointed not to see Romain Bardet in the AG2R squad though.

Problem is, who was the last of these exciting young French riders we here about every year who actually fulfilled their promise?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pross wrote:
    Problem is, who was the last of these exciting young French riders we here about every year who actually fulfilled their promise?
    Charly Mottet probably.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    orica.jpg

moviestar%2Bjersey.jpg

Very similar colours
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,184
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Charly Mottet probably.

Nice edit ;) I was thinking possibly Virenque but he probably gave up some GC chances just to get a chance at stage wins and the polka dots.