TdF Teams

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
edited June 2012 in Pro race
I know there are threads for the Sky and Radioshack squads, but here's one for the other teams:

Argos Oil-Shimano: Fröhlinger, Gretsch, Kittel, Huguet, Sprick, Veelers, de Kort, Timmer and Curvers.
Euskaltel-Euskadi: Sánchez, Martínez, Verdugo, Astarloza, Pérez, Urtasun, G Izagirre, Azanza & Txurruka

(from Inner Ring)

Comments

• sonny73
    Katusha: Giampaolo Caruso, Oscar Freire, Vladimir Gusev, Joan Horrach, Aliaksandr Kuchynski, Denis Menchov, Luca Paolini, Yuriy Trofimov, Eduard Vorganov

from http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/06/ ... ist_224845
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited June 2012
    Big Money Cycling (BMC): Evans, Gilbert, Hincapie, Moinard, Cummings, Schar, van Garderen, Burghardt, Quinziato
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • sonny73
    RichN95 wrote:
    Big Money Cycling (BMC): Evans, Gilbert, Hincapie, Moinard, Cummings, Schar, van Garderen, Burghardt, Quinziato
    Chuffed for Cummings that he got a spot.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Rabobank: Bauke Mollema (NED), Robert Gesink (NED), Steven Kruijswijk (NED), Laurens Ten Dam (NED), Mark Renshaw (AUS), Luis Leon Sanchez (SPA), Bram Tankink (NED), Maarten Tjallingii (NED), Maarten Wynants (BEL)

Lotto-Belisol: André Greipel (GER), Jurgen Van den Broeck (BEL), Jelle Vanendert (BEL), Greg Henderson (NZL), Marcel Sieberg (GER), Lars Bak (DEN), Francis De Greef (BEL), Adam Hansen (AUS), Jürgen Roelandts (BEL)
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Strong Rabo team.

Why isn't Santambroggio riding for Cadel...hmm.

Cadel_Evans3-420x0.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Omega Pharma-QuickStep: Sylvain Chavanel, Kevin De Weert, Dries Devenyns, Bert Grabsch, Levi Leipheimer, Tony Martin, Jerome Pineau, Stijn Vandenbergh, Peter Velits.

Euskaltel-Euskadi: Samuel Sanchez, Ruben Pérez, Gorka Verdugo, Amets Txurruka, Mikel Astarloza, Pablo Urtasun, Gorka Izagirre, Egoi Martinez, Jorge Azanza

Sky announce tomorrow (Thursday)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Vacansoleil
    Johnny Hoogerland
    Lieuwe Westra
    Wout Poels
    Rob Ruijgh
    Kris Boeckmans
    Kenny Van Hummel
    Gustav Erik Larsson
    Marco Marcato
    Rafael Valls
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Vacansoleil
    Johnny Hoogerland

The other 8 might as well not bother turning up :wink:
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    KENNY :D

Oh I hope he hasn't found his climbing legs.

Please. I LOVED watching him grind his way up with the broom wagon ominously slipstreaming him on every stage with an uphill.
  • sonny73
    What time are Sky due to announce their team, does anyone know?
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Sky just tweeted that they will announce the team tomorrow.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    To be fair that Vacans team doesn't seem that bad. They have outsiders for almost every thing stage in the TDF
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290, ... 18,00.html

As expected really. Knees ahead of Pate.

Wiggo
    Froome
    Rogers
    Porte
    Siutsou
    EBH
    Cav
    Eisel
    Knees
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    "Bradley Wiggins will lead the team after his consecutive victories at Paris-Nice, Tour de Romandie and Critérium du Dauphiné, and will be joined by Edvald Boasson Hagen, Mark Cavendish, Bernhard Eisel, Chris Froome, Christian Knees, Richie Porte, Michael Rogers and Kanstantsin Siutsou."

As taken from the Sky website. Any surprises?
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • No.
  • ALaPlage
    Thats good then :D I wasn't sure Christian Knees would be in there but other than that it pretty much matches up to what the pundits (BR ones included) have best guessed. Getting V Excited as the Tour gets closer and also as I get to see the final day in Paris. Roll on.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • frenchfighter
    Sky are not so special a team that they need two separate threads. They can be put under the thread for all TdF teams.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    Sky are not so special a team that they need two separate threads. They can be put under the thread for all TdF teams.

I could say the same about your French national TT thread and the national thread ;).
  • ALaPlage

In my excitement I forgot to check out any other post so apologies if this additional thread causes offence :D

Still a British team on a British Cycle Forum...... maybe that allows an additional thread post :D
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711

I could say the same about your French national TT thread and the national thread ;).

Dump 'em both. Too many new and pointless threads do not aid debate.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    Merging has occured.
  • frenchfighter

Touche.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314

I can't think of a more special team.

And that's without Stannard - who can look a bit more special than most.

Ian-Stannard-of-Team-Sky--007.jpg
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I wonder if Pate is gutted, or his "knees" are offering a prayer of thanks...
  • rick_chasey
    Garmin-Barracuda for TdF: Farrar, Vande Velde, Martin, Danielson, Hesjedal, Hunter, Millar, Vansummeren and Zabriskie
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    mroli wrote:

Very tough on Pate, as he's been with the Wiggins group all year, both in races and in training. Now he won't get to ride on the front for 1000+ kilometres.
  • rick_chasey
    Garmin-Barracuda for TdF: Farrar, Vande Velde, Martin, Danielson, Hesjedal, Hunter, Millar, Vansummeren and Zabriskie

Old bunch aren't they?
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314

Would've been a formidable line up had there been a TTT.
    I'd imagine Dave Millar is dreading the prospect of doing anything in the service of Hesjedal that compromises Wiggins's Tour; especially as he's just made it onto the Olympic roster amidst much doffing of cap and "thank you, sir, thank you... I promise you won't be sorry, sir".
    Turfle wrote:
    mroli wrote:

Very tough on Pate, as he's been with the Wiggins group all year, both in races and in training. Now he won't get to ride on the front for 1000+ kilometres.

According to Brailsford, they've been studying the "numbers", with a close eye on who's on the up, who's on the down and who's plateau'd in terms of form.
    I guess this means that they think Pate could be on his knees at the back end of the Tour, whereas Knees... oh, forget it.
  • frenchfighter
    I think that is the first Tour Dan Martin has gone to.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    If Hej has recovered enough and goes into it with a winning objective he could be a winner. Very unlikely on both counts.
    Contador is the Greatest