Cannondale Rize , work in progress (WIP) update few pic

Comments

• DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    lawman wrote:
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    So because he's taken pictures in a park... That must mean he only ever rides it in the park?

Some proper tw@ts on here!

Maybe he only takes pictures in the park whilst walking his dog because during his proper riding he's too busy.

Salisbury plain is hardly proper riding if you ask me, and given his interpretation of "dirty" I'm guessing his proper riding would warrant a bike with less travel. Just seems odd to be looking for shorter forks and light weight on a bike designed to be given a thrashing? The op may be very happy with it, forums are for people to share and give opinions, if you don't like someone's opinion, fine, just don't go insulting them if you think differently. Simply giving my thoughts, nothing more and fair play to the OP if he enjoys the bike, just seems and odd choice to me :lol:

The majority of people on here probably don't ride their bikes hard enough or use them to their full extent.

What makes you think Salisbury plain is the only place he rides? The amount of dirt on your bike means feck all.

"My bikes dirtier than yours so I ride it harder and I'm better than you"

Blah.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    So because he's taken pictures in a park... That must mean he only ever rides it in the park?

Maybe he only takes pictures in the park whilst walking his dog because during his proper riding he's too busy.

Salisbury plain is hardly proper riding if you ask me, and given his interpretation of "dirty" I'm guessing his proper riding would warrant a bike with less travel. Just seems odd to be looking for shorter forks and light weight on a bike designed to be given a thrashing? The op may be very happy with it, forums are for people to share and give opinions, if you don't like someone's opinion, fine, just don't go insulting them if you think differently. Simply giving my thoughts, nothing more and fair play to the OP if he enjoys the bike, just seems and odd choice to me :lol:

The majority of people on here probably don't ride their bikes hard enough or use them to their full extent.

What makes you think Salisbury plain is the only place he rides? The amount of dirt on your bike means feck all.

Blah.

I'm not saying I do ride mine to its full potential, I agree few on here probably do, I just asked the OP why he felt the need for such a bike on the assumption that as the majority of his pictures are on tame terrain, it forms the majority of his riding, as he claims the pictures are from his rides. Basic assumptions, they may be wrong, ask the OP, but thats my reading from this thread.
  • Tintin rize
    Tintin rize Posts: 262
    edited January 2013
    lawman wrote:
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    DanDax1990 wrote:

Blah.

I'm not saying I do ride mine to its full potential, I agree few on here probably do, I just asked the OP why he felt the need for such a bike on the assumption that as the majority of his pictures are on tame terrain, it forms the majority of his riding, as he claims the pictures are from his rides. Basic assumptions, they may be wrong, ask the OP, but thats my reading from this thread.

Dan dax thanks for the comment buddy you have got a fair point, and lawman ! this is a thread of my bike as what I have and will do to it and not a bout my RIDING style yes I got PIC of so called park ! I don't take my dog racing with me as i sed before or any further on to the SPTA as its too dangerous ! As I got a duty of care for him ! Have you ever been on SPTA ? If not then don't bother to comment ! Also I don't comment on your bike saying oh nice frames and carbon top end bikes however only XT crank ?If you looking for ligth weigh ! And I don't see any action shots on your bike threads !
    Cannondale RZ 140 (WIP) (24.35lbs ) full suspension
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12860378
  • Nice bike!!
    Husky is lush too!
    Cheers buddy
  • lawman
    lawman wrote:
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    DanDax1990 wrote:

Blah.

Dan dax thanks for the comment buddy you have got a fair point, and lawman ! this is a thread of my bike as what I have and will do to it and not a bout my RIDING style yes I got PIC of so called park ! I don't take my dog racing with me as i sed before or any further on to the SPTA as its too dangerous ! As I got a duty of care for him ! Have you ever been on SPTA ? If not then don't bother to comment ! Also I don't comment on your bike saying oh nice frames and carbon top end bikes however only XT crank ?If you looking for ligth weigh ! And I don't see any action shots on your bike threads !

I was asking about your bike, as in why you chose it, as it seemed a touch odd, just curious and apologies if my choice of words offended you. It's a very nice bike, and I just happen to be a huge husky fan, Christ if I was in a position to own one I would do, actually quite jealous you can take your dog on a ride, where ever it maybe. I apologise for making an assumption, presumably it was wrong, but this forum has a history of people with too much money and not really an idea of what they're doing, so I'm sorry if I have wrongly mistaken you for such a person. Your English and grammar is quite poor though, don't let the grammar squad get you! :lol:

I don't take a camera with me when I ride, too busy riding :wink: enjoy the bike and the dog, sorry if you and dan got the wrong end of the stick, I really was just curious as to why you chose the rz140, curiosity really did kill the cat it would seem! :lol:
  • lawman wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    DanDax1990 wrote:

Blah.

I was asking about your bike, as in why you chose it, as it seemed a touch odd, just curious and apologies if my choice of words offended you. It's a very nice bike, and I just happen to be a huge husky fan, Christ if I was in a position to own one I would do, actually quite jealous you can take your dog on a ride, where ever it maybe. I apologise for making an assumption, presumably it was wrong, but this forum has a history of people with too much money and not really an idea of what they're doing, so I'm sorry if I have wrongly mistaken you for such a person. Your English and grammar is quite poor though, don't let the grammar squad get you! :lol:

I don't take a camera with me when I ride, too busy riding :wink: enjoy the bike and the dog, sorry if you and dan got the wrong end of the stick, I really was just curious as to why you chose the rz140, curiosity really did kill the cat it would seem! :lol:
    As a squddie I don't care about my gramma and spelling ,unless I'm writing a letter to the Queen :D and having an iPad doesn't help me either ! You did came across the wrong way however let forget and apology accepted
  • New decals for the fork, the old once did look tired so I fresh them up a little :D
    9396edffab62dee5d0ef301b3c82d4c0.jpg
    0aa645721c1e994b6aabb55839b46b36.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Must be a decal day as I've put fresh on mine as well.
    Looking better than the grey.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Don't you find those pedals a bit hairy? I'd have thought SPDs or proper flats would be better.
  • njee20 wrote:
    Don't you find those pedals a bit hairy? I'd have thought SPDs or proper flats would be better.
    Yeah I do they are my spare once ,just looking now for some flats ! Any advise on flats ?
  • ry1978
    ry1978 Posts: 166
    If your concerned about weight then some XTR spd's or some crank bros ti egg beaters would make more sense, especially for XC riding.
    Personally I use XT spd's on my cannondale XC hard tail and superstar nano flats on my specialized stumpjumper trail bike, I like being clipped in as I can get more power through the pedals but I do prefer the flats when it gets a bit more gnarly and I need to adjust my feet or dab a foot here and there.
    That's just my opinion though!
    Specialized Roubaix
    Cannondale F900 SL
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR120
  • ry1978
    ry1978 Posts: 166
    Just had a thought...I've also got a set of shimano DX flats for sale on the classified section for £20 delivered if you want to stick with flats?
    Specialized Roubaix
    Cannondale F900 SL
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR120
  • Cheers buddy but looking at nuke proof, or hope ,thanks for the offer
  • njee20
    The Hope ones are insanely expensive for what they are. About as far as my knowledge of flats goes. Clipless all the way.
  • The hope look nice but are stupid. If you want light at a not so insane price then the superstar ultra mags are your pedal of choice. You can bling em up too, which is something i know you will like ;)

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_ ... rga6j1v8l0
  • lawman
    Superstar all the way, absolutely adored my nano techs, but I've recently switched to spds. The nano's are the best pedals out there by a mile, and very good value too. Exotic do the same pedal in a magnesium/ti axle version for about £85, and they weigh about 280g for the pair, so alot lighter than xtr pedals! Just to rub more salt in the wounds, my xt trail pedals weigh only 6g more than the equivalent xtr version, so hardly worth the extra for xtr anyway!
  • njee20
    XTR aren't light by any stretch. Some Egg Beater 3s and Ward Industries ti spindles gets you to about 200g for <£100.
  • njee20 wrote:
    XTR aren't light by any stretch. Some Egg Beater 3s and Ward Industries ti spindles gets you to about 200g for <£100.

This is true. My Exustar spds are lighter than XTR and only cost me £35 delivered from Germany and i love em.
  • Cheers guys for the advise, will look into the superstars pedals and spd s ! Also just a little update I had to get some new derailleur cables so I went for the white jagwire ripcord !
    1fb3c04d53bef38fdcc6684018b9f64c.jpg
    0468ccefbd90a6b18382d1a72b685a5a.jpg
    Also a bit of KCNC was in the basket too ,oops
    408906e0a35c10044e68289ab33bd1fc.jpg
  • Anonymous
    :roll: Very nice like the way te kcnc crank bolts are lined up as well
  • Lol didn't realised they were
  • Ah think this is gonna be my last update for this month :D
    I have change over the rotors from hope saw floating to ashima , the reason why I swop them over ? Well, there was nothing wrong with them and they worked great , however they just didnt look rite on the bike and I don't see many people with white rotors !
    9202d1a93af96967c7c4be942d0395de.jpg
    316a5eec306d283d0b2eda0ce35f48ab.jpg
    Also on this pic you can see the new decals a little bit better
    4a1c66adc8ec6a0c0b7e1bab780f604d.jpg
  • Anonymous
    I like the whole bike has been transformed from first bought.. Nice
  • Im actually quite jealous of those rotors! After seeing your crank bolts i rekon the black superstars with the red bolts would compliment it nicely.
  • Im actually quite jealous of those rotors! After seeing your crank bolts i rekon the black superstars with the red bolts would compliment it nicely.
    Uuh :D I know what you mean and that is an great idea ! I might get them next month mate , the rotors as defo a bit different and the red bolts go well too :D
  • Anonymous
    Needs weighing again I rekon ya lost a few grams with those bits on !
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    nice bike (and dog)

those ashimas certainly don't have a lot of metal in them!
  • njee20
    The theory is that despite less surface area they work just as well, I forget the science behind it! Have to say I've gone back to an Avid front rotor (from KCNC, which are v similar) as it offers noticeably more power.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Friction is not dependant on surface area (GCSE level physiscs) besides if it were then decrease surface area and the pressure per unit of area goes up so it's self correcting.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • njee20
    That sounds about right! Sadly real world experience (mine at least) didn't tally, and I was quite surprised how much more power the Avid rotors offered!