Strava 'bagging'

124»

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Raced last night, seems I earned a KoM on a 2 mile segment...
    tis a pity I was blown out of the back of the bunch whilst displaying such prowess :?

At the mo, the ride cropping feature is also blown to pieces according to Strava support, thats been going for a good few days now.... no sign of a fix

((( and how the .. has this thread ended up here?? ))))
  • tincaman
    tincaman Posts: 508
    Do you guys use your smartphones with this strava? I used it once and found a 20km ride destroyed my battery to the point I don't think I'd be able to go over 30km. Same for everyone???

Have a spare HTC Desire, just used for Strava, just put it in Airplane mode to get the most out of the battery
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    JGSI wrote:
    Raced last night, seems I earned a KoM on a 2 mile segment...
    tis a pity I was blown out of the back of the bunch whilst displaying such prowess :?

At the mo, the ride cropping feature is also blown to pieces according to Strava support, thats been going for a good few days now.... no sign of a fix

((( and how the .. has this thread ended up here?? ))))

I think the mods mistook Strava bagging for some sort of obscene sexual act so put it here in the filth section!
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Another uh-oh emale today, not sure whether to report the idiot for his 105 mph on the motorway as well
  • thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    Just started uploading one or two of my rides to Strava, I've never used it before as I run a Blackberry. I am King of the Descent from the Bealach to Applecross (I know it's not big and it's not clever). I think I'm hooked, cue an afternoon of uploading all my other rides from Endomondo.

strava.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    thecrofter wrote:
    Just started uploading one or two of my rides to Strava, I've never used it before as I run a Blackberry. I am King of the Descent from the Bealach to Applecross (I know it's not big and it's not clever). I think I'm hooked, cue an afternoon of uploading all my other rides from Endomondo.

You averaged 57mph for 8:46?! Where is this mountain?? Link to the actual segment.
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    dw300 wrote:
    thecrofter wrote:

You averaged 57mph for 8:46?! Where is this mountain?? Link to the actual segment.

Average was 35.3mph....Max was 55.4mph.

http://app.strava.com/rides/13092058#232593415

2000ft to sea level in less than six miles. We have proper hills in Scotland :)

It's a bit of a bu99er to get up though.
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    willhub wrote:
    They should have a feature on Strava to add a minimum ride length req to segments (customizable by the segment adder)

Because you go and do a segment on a 50 mile ride with a 10 mile TT in it and your legs are knackered, and you get someone on a 4 mile ride KOM it at like 29mph average on their 16mph average 4 miles ride.

That's part of the fun and challenge.. its not supposed to be a super serious thing -> you can look at the ride they did anyway and sit there smugly knowing you did it in a 50mile ride.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    theres a kom by me i used to hold - lost it last month - have tried for ages to get it back but the bugger is ahead of me by 2 seconds. So had a look at raceshape to see where I could improve....well - turns out this geezer is doing the last .2 of a mile in 3 seconds...which means he's doing 240mph. I've lost mu kom to superman - beat that. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    thecrofter wrote:

Average was 35.3mph....Max was 55.4mph.

http://app.strava.com/rides/13092058#232593415

2000ft to sea level in less than six miles. We have proper hills in Scotland :)

It's a bit of a bu99er to get up though.

Oh, i probably read the kph speed, didnt enlarge the image. Heck of a mountain, NI is a pancake in comparison.
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread