BR Fanboi!

Comments

• greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    afx237vi wrote:
    I feel left out. Someone name a rider and I'll become their #1 superfan from now on.

Not the Schlecks.

ex bar steward Ricardo Ricco :D

Harsh! You could always be a No. 1 Superfan for a race. How about the Tour of Poland?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Yossie is definitely David Millar's No 1 super fan! :P ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    afx237vi wrote:
    I feel left out. Someone name a rider and I'll become their #1 superfan from now on.

Not the Schlecks.

ex bar steward Ricardo Ricco :D

Eurosport don't show granfondos!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Does owning a 2003 Saeco, a 2005 Lampre, a 2009 Diquigiovanni and the black Lampre kit from 2010 as well as a never ending quest for a Cannondale Six13 frameset count as being a Gibo fanboy?

Thought so.

I once nearly pulled of the coup of the century when Freetown Cycles in Hull had a signed Magila Rosa of his in and priced up at the same £45 the replica then cost... The sales assistant caught on that he wasn't supposed to sell it about 10s too quickly.

Remind me not to accept any sweets from you then. Or your aunt.

Ooh, testing the fanboi. Come on Disgruntled, you need to respond to that!

Bastardo Ignorante!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Surprised nobodies bagged Wiggo!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    afx237vi wrote:

Not the Schlecks.

How about a classic bit of glory hunting and go for Rodriguez. He's a good rider, rides a lot of races and seems a decent bloke. Shame about the team, but you can't have everything.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    afx237vi wrote:

Not the Schlecks.
    IIRC some years ago, you started a fanboy appeal to pick the oddest named rider in the TdF & get fanclub/website up... Am I right? & was Christian Knees not the rider most favoured in the end?
    It's getting late & it's been hot all day, so I might have got this all wrong....
  • greasedscotsman
    inseine wrote:
    Surprised nobodies bagged Wiggo!

You can't just bag a rider, team or race! We don't want any glory hunters here on BR. I would suggest anyone interested in being the Wiggo Superfan should post a photo of their shrine!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Richrd2205 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Not the Schlecks.
    IIRC some years ago, you started a fanboy appeal to pick the oddest named rider in the TdF & get fanclub/website up... Am I right? & was Christian Knees not the rider most favoured in the end?
    It's getting late & it's been hot all day, so I might have got this all wrong....

That sounds like a good idea, but I don't think it was mine. Sounds a bit like that thing from the TDU a couple of years ago for Arthur Vichot.

Re: J-Rod. Not a bad shout... I'll take him!

Spains-Joaquin-Rodriguez-claims-Giro-lead-JP1G4DET-x-large.jpg

Now watch him capitulate either tomorrow or Saturday.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Richrd2205 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Not the Schlecks.
    IIRC some years ago, you started a fanboy appeal to pick the oddest named rider in the TdF

He'll always be No.2 in my book

Christian Poos. hehe
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    Wiggins here... lol
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:
    Denis Noward - Lance Armstrong?

There are a few Gerraint Thomas nut huggers on here too.

Timoid
    I am guessing you are/were somewhat of a fan of Musseuw from the avatar??.

Yeah, massive fan. Absolutely love the hard men and some of his wins were epic.

Good spot on the picture.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Timoid. wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Timoid, I am guessing you are/were somewhat of a fan of Musseuw from the avatar??
    Seems I overlooked Dave_1's post when I made my suspicion, but I never overlooked Johann.

7264634596_1da71cc204.jpg

Still, I could never understand why he did so poorly in Tours - similar type De Vlaeminck did well in the Giro,Tirreno–Adriatico and Tour of Switzerland too, but Museeuw 'disappeared' each year from podiums between May and August, although I would have thought he was ideal for some intermediate Tour stages.

Apparently in 2002 Museeuw said to Boonen "Tom, you will be the next Johann Museeuw", so maybe he got that right!
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Timoid. wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:
    Denis Noward - Lance Armstrong?

There are a few Gerraint Thomas nut huggers on here too.

Timoid
    I am guessing you are/were somewhat of a fan of Musseuw from the avatar??.

Good spot on the picture.

I always find it somewhat amusing when such a fierce critic of suspected drugged up riders names one of the worst of his era as his hero........go figure.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    What a sig like that, surely ddraver is the Jens FB ?

Me ? I'll go for Johnny Hoogerland - there, my secrets out
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    knedlicky wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Timoid, I am guessing you are/were somewhat of a fan of Musseuw from the avatar??
    Seems I overlooked Dave_1's post when I made my suspicion, but I never overlooked Johann.

7264634596_1da71cc204.jpg

Still, I could never understand why he did so poorly in Tours - similar type De Vlaeminck did well in the Giro,Tirreno–Adriatico and Tour of Switzerland too, but Museeuw 'disappeared' each year from podiums between May and August, although I would have thought he was ideal for some intermediate Tour stages.

Apparently in 2002 Museeuw said to Boonen "Tom, you will be the next Johann Museeuw", so maybe he got that right!

Boonen's better than Museeuw.

I'd say Boonen would have won Amstel had they not changed the finish.
  • Put me down for GreenEdge, I was all prepared before the start of the season to be jumping to there defence on here but so far everyone's been pretty even in there appraisal of there season to date so i haven't bothered. Plus by the time i read most threads i don't have time to comment on them myself :roll:
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Moray Gub wrote:
    I always find it somewhat amusing when such a fierce critic of suspected drugged up riders names one of the worst of his era as his hero........go figure.

Simples. I watched/read about Musseuws win before I really got how drugs were endemic and ruinous to the sport. Also with the Classics you need to have a tactical nous that no amount of dope can give you.

That and the fact that I reserve the fact to be irrational. I don't think you can follow this sport if you're not.

If I was to pick someone from all time to it would be Kelly. But think I'd have to queue behind LangerDan in the superfan stakes there.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • turkeytickler
    turkeytickler Posts: 640
    I'll take Eddy Merckx, guaranteed win every time with that palmares! :D
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    edited May 2012
    Timoid. wrote:
    If I was to pick someone from all time to it would be Kelly. But think I'd have to queue behind LangerDan in the superfan stakes there.

Jesus - now I'm going to have buy an entire Kas ensemble. (or a Catavana-Corbeil one if I want to be obscure)

My guilty secret is the USSR & Russian riders - from the likes of "Superwhoopingcough" (Soukhoroutchenkov) through Tchmil & Eki and up to the likes of Ignatiev

<
    Hence the Alfa Lum thingy
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • ermintrude
    ermintrude Posts: 514
    Never mind Fanboi, I'm a fangirl - Team Sky ! love evrything about them ......except the Murdoch connection !!
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Well I've always been an Uran fan - even before Brailsford got his paws on him but then I'm a bit of una tifosa for Movistar (and Pantani senz'altro!)
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Another one for Euskaltel here.
  • greasedscotsman
    Some good fanboi claims going on, but some are just rubbish! Where's the shrine, where's the avatar picture? afx237vi has only became Rodriguez fanboi yesterday and today he's digging up TT stats from Pais Vasco to defend his hero. This is the sort of thing that separates the true Super Fan rather than some glory hunter!
  • rick_chasey
    Some good fanboi claims going on, but some are just rubbish! Where's the shrine, where's the avatar picture? afx237vi has only became Rodriguez fanboi yesterday and today he's digging up TT stats from Pais Vasco to defend his hero. This is the sort of thing that separates the true Super Fan rather than some glory hunter!

Pfft. Some super fans are so big they don't like sharing.
  • greasedscotsman

I don't think anyone doubts your fanboi credentials! In fact, didn't you even manage to get another BR Super Fan to dress up as your hero? Impressed!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185

I don't think anyone doubts your fanboi credentials! In fact, didn't you even manage to get another BR Super Fan to dress up as your hero? Impressed!

That's not impressive, just plain creepy! ;)
  • greasedscotsman
    Pross wrote:

Oh come on, don't tell me you don't have several people tied up in your basement in full Endura kit?
  • rick_chasey
    Pross wrote:

Oh come on, don't tell me you don't have several people tied up in your basement in full Endura kit?
    Where d'ya think my avatar comes from?
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    I'll go for Tyler Hamilton and all the negatives that entails!
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg