BR Fanboi!

greasedscotsman
greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
edited June 2012 in Pro race
OK, another rest day at the Giro :wink:

So...

Who are the Bike Radar Superfans? Those forum posters who will defend their rider no matter what. Who not only follow their twitter accounts, but when out for a bike ride dress up like their hero!

Tusher ~ Mark Cavendish
Rick Chasey ~ Tom Boonen
Iainf72 ~ Ivan Basso
The Mad Rapper ~ George Hincapie
Pross ~ Geraint Thomas
LeicesterLad ~ Jonathan Tiernan-Locke
Dave_1 ~ Laurent Fignon
Frenchfigher ~ Alberto Contador

Any other nominations/corrections?

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Greasedscotsman ~ Rick Chasey
  • greasedscotsman
    Greasedscotsman ~ Rick Chasey

Your not wrong there! I'm looking at you right now... :shock:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    ;).

Think you have it pretty covered TBH.

Unless any come crawling out of the woodwork.

Though I like to think I'm a reasonably realistic Boonen fan.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Denis Noward - Lance Armstrong?

There are a few Gerraint Thomas nut huggers on here too.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I have a habit of defending the Schlecks ( :| ), but I own no Leopard/Team Datsun kit and am not on twitter...

A fan, but not sure if i count as a superfan?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Love the way Tusher dresses up like Cavendish on her tricycle. Rainbow jersey and a bonnet. :lol:
  • greasedscotsman
    ddraver wrote:
    I have a habit of defending the Schlecks ( :| ), but I own no Leopard/Team Datsun kit and am not on twitter...

A fan, but not sure if i count as a superfan?

Maybe there needs to be another test. Do you have this picture as your computer wallpaper?

AndyFrankCuracao10TDW.jpeg
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    God is it any wonder thy can't TT with legs like that?!?!

but no, I don't (...yet)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • greasedscotsman
    ddraver wrote:
    God is it any wonder thy can't TT with legs like that?!?!

Yeah, but look how strong Andy is, he can push palm trees apart!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I'm a general Sky fanboi
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • greasedscotsman
    RichN95 wrote:
    I'm a general Sky fanboi

Of course, I forgot teams!
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    Sky fanboy here too. Not that I post very often (but I do enjoy reading).
  • greasedscotsman

Hmm, think we can only have one fanboi per rider/team. Could be a tricky one deciding who should be the offical BR Team Sky Fanboi!
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642

Hmm, think we can only have one fanboi per rider/team. Could be a tricky one deciding who should be the offical BR Team Sky Fanboi!

In which case I cede to Rich's prolificness and superior work-cycling balance :wink:
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512

Yes, am a Laurent Fignon fanboi..following the career of Fignon was a weekly activity for me in my youth as well as watching re-runs of his his greatest wins and attacks on VHS video..which I still now and again watch online.

I am trying to see who is on your avatar greasedscotsman, it looks like Paris Roubaix Velodrome so, so I am guessing you are classic inclinned if you are fanboi material?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    To be honest, I'm not really a Geraint fanboy although I like to see a Welshman doing well. I certainly don't do the following on Twitter (barely use it and don't really 'get' it) and don't have any team kit. In my early 20s I was a Pantani fanboy but the first cyclists I really could have been accused of being a fanboy with would have been Chiappucci (had the Carrera team kit) and Abdu just because he was nuts.
  • greasedscotsman
    Dave_1 wrote:

Yes, am a Laurent Fignon fanboi..following the career of Fignon was a weekly activity for me in my youth as well as watching re-runs of his his greatest wins and attacks on VHS video..which I still now and again watch online.

I am trying to see who is on your avatar greasedscotsman, it looks like Paris Roubaix Velodrome so, so I am guessing you are classic inclinned if you are fanboi material?

Yes, it's me at the Roubaix Velodrome! I do like the classics, but Paris Roubaix in particular, so I guess I'm a Roubaix fanboi! :D
  • greasedscotsman
    Pross wrote:
    To be honest, I'm not really a Geraint fanboy although I like to see a Welshman doing well.

That's quite good, I was going to write you as a "anyone who's Welsh" fanboi! :D
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    If we are talking teams then i am deffinately an Euskaltel Euskadi fanboi.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:
    To be honest, I'm not really a Geraint fanboy although I like to see a Welshman doing well.

That's quite good, I was going to write you as a "anyone who's Welsh" fanboi! :D

Except Nicole :lol:
  • greasedscotsman
    Pross wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Except Nicole :lol:

Oh, that's a thought. I'd like to nominate Greasedscotsman as the Emma Pooley BR Fanboi! :D
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    If we are talking teams then i am deffinately an Euskaltel Euskadi fanboi.
    Yeah, it's watching them in TTT's that does it for me :lol:
  • Pross
    If we're talking teams then I'll have Endura please. I feel like I'm the only cyclist from my club who isn't employed by them either full or part time so may as well have a role. Like their kit too, shame they are on the Giants and not Look this season though.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Does owning a 2003 Saeco, a 2005 Lampre, a 2009 Diquigiovanni and the black Lampre kit from 2010 as well as a never ending quest for a Cannondale Six13 frameset count as being a Gibo fanboy?

Thought so.

I once nearly pulled of the coup of the century when Freetown Cycles in Hull had a signed Magila Rosa of his in and priced up at the same £45 the replica then cost... The sales assistant caught on that he wasn't supposed to sell it about 10s too quickly.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Timoid. wrote:
    Denis Noward - Lance Armstrong?

There are a few Gerraint Thomas nut huggers on here too.

Timoid
    I am guessing you are/were somewhat of a fan of Musseuw from the avatar??.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Does owning a 2003 Saeco, a 2005 Lampre, a 2009 Diquigiovanni and the black Lampre kit from 2010 as well as a never ending quest for a Cannondale Six13 frameset count as being a Gibo fanboy?

Thought so.

I once nearly pulled of the coup of the century when Freetown Cycles in Hull had a signed Magila Rosa of his in and priced up at the same £45 the replica then cost... The sales assistant caught on that he wasn't supposed to sell it about 10s too quickly.

Remind me not to accept any sweets from you then. Or your aunt.
  • greasedscotsman

Thought so.

Remind me not to accept any sweets from you then. Or your aunt.

Ooh, testing the fanboi. Come on Disgruntled, you need to respond to that!
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    OK, another rest day at the Giro :wink: So...

Who are the Bike Radar Superfans? Those forum posters who will defend their rider no matter what. Who not only follow their twitter accounts, but when out for a bike ride dress up like their hero!

Tusher ~ Mark Cavendish
    Rick Chasey ~ Tom Boonen
    Iainf72 ~ Ivan Basso
    The Mad Rapper ~ George Hincapie
    Pross ~ Geraint Thomas
    LeicesterLad ~ Jonathan Tiernan-Locke
    Dave_1 ~ Laurent Fignon
    Frenchfigher ~ Alberto Contador

Any other nominations/corrections?
    Based on their avatars, is Shocked perhaps an Ulli-fan, and Timoid maybe a Museeuw-fan?

Perhaps it would be too presumptuous to say Josame is a Linus-fan!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I feel left out. Someone name a rider and I'll become their #1 superfan from now on.

Not the Schlecks.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    afx237vi wrote:
    I feel left out. Someone name a rider and I'll become their #1 superfan from now on.

Not the Schlecks.

ex bar steward Ricardo Ricco :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.