Giro Stage 16 *spoiler*

124»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    afx237vi wrote:

I can see the bunch riding tempo up the final hill with no attacks. It seems to be one of those days.

someone on gc will have a go

i guess you were right
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    afx237vi wrote:
    Winner of the day: Cavendish.

points down to 20th

JR may have picked up a few?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    afx237vi wrote:
    Winner of the day: Cavendish.

points down to 20th

JR may have picked up a few?

Down to 15th on a medium mountain stage.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Definitely glad today was a busy day at work.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    So am I the only happy person on here then?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    I actually fell asleep in the last 10km watching that (in my defence I'm ill at the moment). Rewound it when I woke up but may as well not have bothered. Thought the final hill was going to br tougher than it was.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Similar story to Pross here.......I'm ill and fell asleep at some point too! I also had to turn down a paid for week long trip to Paris during the TdF too :( Puking, turning down stuff like this and watching bits of the most boring GT stage that I've seen have really not cheered me up a great deal.
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    The racing might have been dull but at least some of the scenery (castles, etc) was interesting :)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Aquarone and his cronies should be fined for producing that piece of corporate go slow garbage.
    We've done Denmark, anyone fancy a quick pop up to Austria for a slice of Sacha Torte?

Fair enough if it had been placed in between tough, decisive mountain stages, but the day after the rest day?

This turd is going to need three days of serious polishing, just to raise a faint sheen.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    "Go slow" ave speed of about 44kph
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    I noticed the Norwegian fans getting excited... why? Plus the couple of people dressed as gorillas. Pleasant scenery, anything else happen. Oh yes, Ryder Heysjedal (sp?) came fourteenth :)
    The older I get the faster I was
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    Pross wrote:
    I actually fell asleep in the last 10km watching that (in my defence I'm ill at the moment). Rewound it when I woke up but may as well not have bothered. Thought the final hill was going to br tougher than it was.

Me too. Fell asleep that is. I'm not ill though. I honestly can't remember being so bored watching cycling.
  • slimreaper
    slimreaper Posts: 738
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Me too. Fell asleep that is. I'm not ill though. I honestly can't remember being so bored watching cycling.

Yep me too. Slept for a good 20Km. And I'm also not ill. Desperately boring.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Oh well, at least we have a bit more ammo next time iain says it's boring when the break is caught....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Anyone know if these two are good friends? Lots of different pictures of them sharing a laugh pre stages.

tumblr_m4e6m4s49V1qacyk6o1_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Anyone know if these two are good friends? Lots of different pictures of them sharing a laugh pre stages
    Well the day after Basso admitted being involved with Fuentes (in May 2007), Scarponi also admitted it. Which suggests there might have been a telephone call between them just about then.

Perhaps the Fuentes connection meant they got to know each other and were ‘brothers-in-arms’ at the time, and have become mates since.

I’m just conjecturing!
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    I noticed the Norwegian fans getting excited... why? Plus the couple of people dressed as gorillas. Pleasant scenery, anything else happen. Oh yes, Ryder Heysjedal (sp?) came fourteenth :)

What nationality do you think Hesjedal is? And as you must have been sat at a computer to post on this thread, could you have not looked up how to spell his name?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

What nationality do you think Hesjedal is? And as you must have been sat at a computer to post on this thread, could you have not looked up how to spell his name?

Canadian but Nor origin I believe ;).
  • greasedscotsman
    Canadian but Nor origin I believe ;).

You mean Norwegian. Don't tell me, you knew how to spell it, just couldn't be bothered to type it! :wink:
  • greasedscotsman
    Pross wrote:

I ended up cleaning the cooker. Mind you, it did need doing.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    Pross wrote:

I ended up cleaning the cooker. Mind you, it did need doing.

OK you win. My oven's needed cleaning for years but even the Tour of Taiwan couldn't drive me to that. Could explain why I've been ill though :lol:
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Sorry G S, didn't mean to ruin your evening. Actually I think (know) he is Canadian but he wasn't in the group that were riding by. Whilst I appreciate the Nordic connection, I don't notice the Australian supporters being hugely agitated when Mr Wiggins rides past., or Maltese supporters when David Millar goes by. Nicho Roche is cheered by the Irish but also the French.

Wonderful world, the Sport of Professional Bicycle Racing (TM) eh?
    The older I get the faster I was
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Did you not watch any of Cali?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    As far as I'm concerned, all boring stages are measured against this stage of the Vuelta a few years ago...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/vuelta ... 16/results

Check out the average speed for a flat stage that ended in a bunch sprint.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    afx237vi wrote:
    As far as I'm concerned, all boring stages are measured against this stage of the Vuelta a few years ago...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/vuelta ... 16/results

Check out the average speed for a flat stage that ended in a bunch sprint.

I remember that stage.

Was lovely. Fell asleep after a long ride, woke up with 1500m to go & Boonen won :).