JonGinge wrote:
    RE Morpeth. Yeah, from about 6:30 or so

See you there :).

Nice coded sheeeeeet.
    eh?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    BTW, you morpething tonight JG?

OMG! Are you in the North East then? My family all live in Morpeth, Cramlington, Ashington, Bedlington and Blyth. Grew up there but left as a young man when I'd taken the Queen's Shilling.

Morpeth is an interesting night out, for sure ;)
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Neil McC wrote:
    Possibly he was going to pull out if he lost the red jersey today? Now he might stick around until he loses the jersey. Not sure he can keep it all the way to Milan, but maybe he's thinking he can stick it out until Thursday?

Just said he's staying until Milan.... if he make the time cuts....
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    BTW, you morpething tonight JG?

OMG! Are you in the North East then? My family all live in Morpeth, Cramlington, Ashington, Bedlington and Blyth. Grew up there but left as a young man when I'd taken the Queen's Shilling.

Morpeth is an interesting night out, for sure ;)
    Ah, no, not that Morpeth. This one's a pub in that there london.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    JonGinge wrote:
    Ah, no, not that Morpeth. This one's a pub in that there london.

Oh well, have one for me! ;)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Are the boring stages finished now?

Actually, considering the day I've had, I'd probably prefer watching a sprint stage.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    mroli wrote:
    I mean, he's just too good isn't he. He picked his wheel, saw that Thomas got boxed, just bided his time, found the gap and cranked it up faster than anyone else.

Kristoff did the "right" thing - if you pick his wheel and can follow it, you've got second.

Too good.
    That was brilliant - silencing all those who say he can only with if the train puts him at the front with a few metres to go - artful tactically
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    The complainers, will now moan again about his trains inability to deliver him in perfect position for the finish!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Just watched the overhead shot of the finish. That was incredible. He waited and waited, then went, then had to stop pedalling and coast to create a gap before accelerating again to win. He is without a doubt the best sprinter in the world at the moment.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Has there ever been a faster sprinter than Cav? He freewheeled..then kicks away to win..can hardy believe how powerful a kick that guy had yesterday .
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Can we regard that the theory, that stages where Mr Cavendish loses generate more posts than those when he wins, has been proven? Stage 11 got to seven pages whilst this one has barely reached six.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    Can we regard that the theory, that stages where Mr Cavendish loses generate more posts than those when he wins, has been proven? Stage 11 got to seven pages whilst this one has barely reached six.

To be fair the sprint stages he doesn't win usually have a crash which generates debate over blame etc.
  • iainf72
    Pross wrote:

To be fair the sprint stages he doesn't win usually have a crash which generates debate over blame etc.

Nope. Not always. The ones where there is no crash and he doesn't win tend to get the most posts of all.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    iainf72 wrote:
    Nope. Not always. The ones where there is no crash and he doesn't win tend to get the most posts of all.

Is there a graph or maybe a pie chart for this?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

They're rare enough that I'm not sure your sample is large enough to iron out anomalies. ;)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 wrote:

Is there a graph or maybe a pie chart for this?

Not yet. But there was this one from last years Tour which shows the average number of pages per victor

tumblr_loutvsjdEn1qcn3m5o1_500.jpg