Giro Stage 13 - *Spoiler"

LangerDan
LangerDan Posts: 6,132
edited May 2012 in Pro race
Well, they're up and racing. 7km done and a two-man break (Failli (Farnese Vini) and Kreizer (Vacansoleil)) is away and has a gap of nearly 4 minutes
'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    121km today I believe.

Profile makes it look bumpy, but it's not really.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Good bit of riding from Eisel there. Vest removed without stopping.
  • LangerDan
    Bloody RAI has frozen again but at least there's a big ichneumon wasp stuck to the camera lens to look at.
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    Does this Kreizer chap not like his teammates, hasn't he been in the break almost every day?
  • Hollenstein out it would seem after an innocuous fall - collar bone?
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    suzyb wrote:
    Good bit of riding from Eisel there. Vest removed without stopping.
    My feed told me the female spectators on the side of the road were thrilled by a muscular topless Bernie!

Also feed rumour is that this is Cavendish’s last day, and that he won’t be the only sprinter to drop out this evening.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,161
    If it's Cav's last day the PTP's looking up for the few non-Cav pickers. It won't look good dropping out while leading the points.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    I've eaten so much crap today... A mixed grill at someones leaving lunch and then just been in a meeting supplied with PRET sandwiches.

Afternoon.

Bloated Islwyn. :oops:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    The last 500m of today's sprint finish features a 180 degree bend, a loop-the-loop and a moat filled with crocodiles.

Or maybe it's an arrow straight run-in. I forget.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    Seems odd watching a Grand Tour stage that's shorter than several road races I've ridden!
  • Pross wrote:
    Seems odd watching a Grand Tour stage that's shorter than several road races I've ridden!

Well I'm in my first ever RR tomorrow - NW Regionals nr Garstang...so fingers crossed :)
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Pross wrote:

Must be nearly finished now surely?
  • islwyn
    77km. 4,56 break
  • Pross wrote:

Must be nearly finished now surely?

nope - still 76kms to go with the lead currently at 4'56
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    RichN95 wrote:
    The last 500m of today's sprint finish features a 180 degree bend, a loop-the-loop and a moat filled with crocodiles.
    Or maybe it's an arrow straight run-in. I forget.
    Cervere, the stage finish town, is famous for its leeks.

To quote a character in Shakespeare’s ‘Henry V’, when speaking of leeks:
    “It is good for your green wound and your ploody coxcomb”.

So whoever eats a plate of them this evening should benefit on the way up to Cervinia tomorrow.
  • LangerDan
    Basso interviewed by RAI as he came off the bus this morning. Looks like a man in good shape for the last 9 days - definitely leaner than at Trentino.
  • LangerDan
    Alongside the likes of Eisel, Cav is looking like an angry schoolboy who's crashed a seniors race.

Why are FDJ doing so much work up front?
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Islwyn wrote:
    I've eaten so much crap today...
    With today's spoiler thread as dessert! Going to be a dull day I feel.
  • Pross
    Islwyn wrote:

Now, now - no moaning about the racing or someone will have to post a moaning response to the moaning!
  • islwyn
    Pross wrote:
    Islwyn wrote:

Now, now - no moaning about the racing or someone will have to post a moaning response to the moaning!

Moan. There are Krispy Kremes in the office but I'm doing well to ignore them. I have a TT on Sunday so trying to avoid fatty foods - I slipped up.
  • LangerDan
    The heli-cam keeps flying around the funicular railway in Mondovi. The producer insists on showing racing instead.
  • rick_chasey
    LangerDan wrote:
    The heli-cam keeps flying around the funicular railway in Mondovi. The producer insists on showing racing instead.

Went up there as a kid IIRC.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan wrote:

You're either much younger or much older than you let on. According to Wiki, the railway was closed between 1975 and 2006.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    LangerDan wrote:
    LangerDan wrote:

You're either much younger or much older than you let on. According to Wiki, the railway was closed between 1975 and 2006.

Maybe his parents took him to Aberystwyth and, in an attempt to appear more glamourous, told him he was in Italy.
  • Bunch sprint coming - 40kms and the lead just 1'18 now
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Islwyn wrote:
    Moan. There are Krispy Kremes in the office but I'm doing well to ignore them.

Could be worse - somebody could have got some proper doughnuts in.
  • rick_chasey
    LangerDan wrote:
    LangerDan wrote:

I remember incorrectly then! :P
  • Pross
    johnfinch wrote:
    Islwyn wrote:

+1 over-rated and over-priced. Give me a coffee choux bun from Greggs any day!
  • Pross
    afx237vi wrote:
    LangerDan wrote:
    LangerDan wrote:

Maybe his parents took him to Aberystwyth and, in an attempt to appear more glamourous, told him he was in Italy.

Or Lynmouth
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Pross wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Islwyn wrote:

+1 over-rated and over-priced. Give me a coffee choux bun from Greggs any day!

The worst thing about it is that everyone seems to be copying their style. It's ages since I've had had a decent doughnut. I might have to find a recipe and make my own.