Giro Stage 13 - *Spoiler"

Comments

• Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    It's slightly uphill all the way now, so the trains will be working hard to keep the speed up.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    afx237vi wrote:
    Looks like Guardini is there today.

Or not. 3 Farnese riders just went from top 10 to about 150th in the space of one roundabout.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,185
    Nice by the front Sky rider, just pushed Greenedge out of the wheel of the Saxo train.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    This is going to be good - loads of movement :)
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Go Cav! :)
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Thought Cav was boxed there... but sure enough...
  • tremayne
    tremayne Posts: 378
    have some of that, Ferrari!!
  • Le Commentateur
    edited May 2012
    afx237vi wrote:
    Thought Cav was boxed there... but sure enough...
    "No panico."
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    WEll done you PTP Cav people... Bloody hell that was tight. Gees. Love how he stepped off the gas.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    There in a nutshell is why cav is head and shoulders the best in the business..
  • Pross
    Piece of p!ss in the end, Cav just hopped off the Sky train and chose the best wheel. I really think it suits him better doing that. Thought everyone was going to go down at one point though.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    He really is the best.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tremayne
    tremayne Posts: 378
    Camerone - was that a deliberate or unintentional plug for his new product?!!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Have to say, that was some pretty impressive sprinting from Cavendish, not just the speed but also somehow jumping from wheel to wheel to avoid getting boxed in whilst not causing everybody to crash.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I mean, he's just too good isn't he. He picked his wheel, saw that Thomas got boxed, just bided his time, found the gap and cranked it up faster than anyone else.

Kristoff did the "right" thing - if you pick his wheel and can follow it, you've got second.

Too good.
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    tremayne wrote:
    Camerone - was that a deliberate or unintentional plug for his new product?!!

Haha - unintentional, but now you mention it perhaps I should say I meant it!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Is he in red then?
  • Pross
    Is he in red then?

Well, he already was and won the stage so..... ;)
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    pay attention, RC. In red since stage 11
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rick_chasey
    Bummer for him.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,161
    Watching it first time I thought he had decided 'I'll stay back here so I can go home'. The overhead shows how great his timing was.
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    I think some of you are sarcasm blind!

On another note - No sign of Bertie... :roll:
  • jonginge
    Well, if he can drag himself over the hills at the weekend he'll have a pretty good shot at Thursday's stage.

For me J-Rod has a reasonable chance of taking red whether Cav stays in or not
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rick_chasey
    JonGinge wrote:
    Well, if he can drag himself over the hills at the weekend he'll have a pretty good shot at Thursday's stage.

Is that likely?

From what I've seen (not this stage) he looks pretty shagged.

Needs to do a good portion of the Tour and still be fresh enough for London innit? If I was him I'd take the red jersey sh!t and pack it in.

But yeah, bummer he's in red.
  • rick_chasey
    BTW, you morpething tonight JG?
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    Didn't Cav sprint for intermediate points today? Would he do that if he was definitely pulling out tonight?
  • jonginge
    *shrugs* Dunno. He seems to respect the traditions of the sport. Maybe enough not to pack while in red even though that would be the sensible thing to do

RE Morpeth. Yeah, from about 6:30 or so
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rick_chasey
    JonGinge wrote:
    *shrugs* Dunno. He seems to respect the traditions of the sport. Maybe enough not to pack while in red even though that would be the sensible thing to do

RE Morpeth. Yeah, from about 6:30 or so

See you there :).
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    Possibly he was going to pull out if he lost the red jersey today? Now he might stick around until he loses the jersey. Not sure he can keep it all the way to Milan, but maybe he's thinking he can stick it out until Thursday?
  • Le Commentateur
    edited May 2012
    Cav being interviewed (in English) on RAI at the moment. The usual "great guys" speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... W8#t=1057s

They're asking him if he'd like Renshaw back in the team... :twisted: