Chelsea!

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Happy that Chelsea beat Barca because they're an English club.

Happy that, even if Chelsea do manage to overcome Bayern or Real, that John Terry STILL won't have a Champions League winners medal.

Shouting for Bayern Munich tonight and in the final (hopefully) as my girlfriend's dad supports them. And Ashley Cole, who admittedly was immense last night, is a c***.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Fascinated by the media love-in of Cashley. Perhaps someone would like to explain where this "world class" left back was when Busqets and Sanchez were queueing up to tap in Barca's first. Whilst they're at it an explanation of how just about all of Barca's chances in the first leg came from Alves and Sanchez in the Terry/Cole channel. (the hit post, the shot wide etc.)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    edited April 2012
    I must admit that I want a Chelsea - Real final: I just think that it'll be an excellent atmosphere with Mourinho/Di Matteo, better football and we can make both Messi and Ronaldo cry.

And, as Russ Abbott once sang, I love a party with an atmosphere …...

What is best though, no matter who we play, is that Terry won't be on the pitch which is double joy. Did I mention that he is douche bag scum? Can't wait for him to be locked up in June.
  • Ben6899
    Fascinated by the media love-in of Cashley. Perhaps someone would like to explain where this "world class" left back was when Busqets and Sanchez were queueing up to tap in Barca's first. Whilst they're at it an explanation of how just about all of Barca's chances in the first leg came from Alves and Sanchez in the Terry/Cole channel. (the hit post, the shot wide etc.)

Look mate, at the end of the day it's Barcelona. They will create chances from whichever area of the pitch they desire.

I am talking about last night's match and I am sure most others who comment "Cole was great last night" are doing the same as me. Anyone who doesn't think Cole played well last night must have watched a different match to the rest of us. Then again I've had someone on here trying to tell me Baines and Enrique are more accomplished than Evra and Cole.

I digress...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    Yossie wrote:
    As a Chelsea fan: IN YOUR FACE BARCA.

Fantastic result - he we come. We're gonna win the final and the FA Cup and all will be well.

We're in the final, we've crushed Barca and Terry the vile oaf racist oik scum tw$t douche bag son of drug dealing scum won't be playing - how fantastic - its almost perfect (just need the wind to drop and all will be well)

Thank you Yossie for showing that even when you support a team you can still maintain your values. Have no respect for 'fans' who even when their players act like terry generally does, Tevez, and Rooney when he decided that £120k a week wasn't nearly enough and wanted double, still worship them and can see no wrong.

Words can't express how happy i am that Terry will miss the final. I'm torn between wanting chelsea to loose and seeing them win to upset Terry even more. I think either way it's win-win for me!
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Does Terry still get a medal on the basis of having played in the qualifying games?

quite suprised that Chelsea Fans hate Terry too, if I am reading this right..
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,792
    Redhog14 wrote:
    Does Terry still get a medal on the basis of having played in the qualifying games?

Hard not to isn't it?

He did his best to try and f*ck it for them last night.
  • Ben6899
    Redhog14 wrote:

No, just like all cup competitions (even in my amateur experience), there are no medals available for anyone outside the final squad.

John Terry is a despicable human being; I find it extremely reassuring that even die-hard Chelsea supporters cannot stand him.
    Ben

• bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Bristol City stayed up. Yay :mrgreen:
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Right thinking decent Chelsea fans think he is scum - obviously like in everything you have some people who can't see bad for idolatory blindness (ie the lads who hang out the "JT Chelsea legend" banner at every game) but generally he is viewed as a tw4t.
  • rick_chasey
    Yossie wrote:
    Right thinking decent Chelsea fans think he is scum - obviously like in everything you have some people who can't see bad for idolatory blindness (ie the lads who hang out the "JT Chelsea legend" banner at every game) but generally he is viewed as a tw4t.

A few months ago I was taking the tube home when Chelsea were playing.

Were two little kids sitting in front of me with a big poster, no older than 10. Started chatting to them and they showed it to me: John Terry, Legend. Home made and everything.

Didn't have the heart to tell him he was awful.
  • rick_chasey
    As good as Neville's goalgasm was, it's not quite this.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    Aggieboy wrote:
    F*ck 'em. Hope they lose the final and glad JT is a tw@t and not playing. That is all.

+1
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    As good as Neville's goalgasm

Why are you linking to old man trousers? :? :? :?
  • beancounter
    beancounter Posts: 369
    Can we finally lay to rest the notion that this Barcelona team "may be the best ever"?

45 minutes to score one goal against 10 men and they looked clueless...not even the best team in Spain any more.

bc
    2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    2010 Colnago C50
    2005 Colnago C40
    2002 Colnago CT1
    2010 Colnago World Cup
    2013 Cinelli Supercorsa
    2009 Merckx LXM
    1995 Lemond Gan Team
  • rick_chasey
    johnfinch wrote:
    As good as Neville's goalgasm

Why are you linking to old man trousers? :? :? :?

Changed. I'm buying some pistachio green chinos.
  • finchy
    ^^^ Rock and roll. :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    johnfinch wrote:

I want these but they're £120.

Paul Smith even likes cycling ;).
  • finchy
    johnfinch wrote:

I want these but they're £120.

Paul Smith even likes cycling ;).

Not bad, but £120 for a pair of trousers. :shock:

I've wanted to buy myself a pair of Rupert bear trousers for ages now but my search has been fruitless.

Maybe I'll just have to go the whole hog and buy the costume.

images?q=tbn:d4u8HVMVMKupKM:
  • rick_chasey
    *shrugs*

Jeans look rubbish nowadays, and I'm no longer a student.

Bright colours for trousers are the way to go. Have a red pair of jeans, so figured some chinos, one pair plain, one pair pistachio would work well.
  • finchy
    I've got some red jeans as well. I need to a few new pairs of trousers soon, cycling has built up my thigh muscles and my wardrobe has kept pace.

Mustard yellow is the closest the local shops get to anything genuinely bright. (Dijon mustard, not Colman's)
  • rick_chasey
    johnfinch wrote:
    I've got some red jeans as well. I need to a few new pairs of trousers soon, cycling has built up my thigh muscles and my wardrobe has kept pace.

Mustard yellow is the closest the local shops get to anything genuinely bright. (Dijon mustard, not Colman's)

Eugh. Then you will look like Rupert.

Re the chinos, I blame SW London's creeping influence on me.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Can we finally lay to rest the notion that this Barcelona team "may be the best ever"?

45 minutes to score one goal against 10 men and they looked clueless...not even the best team in Spain any more.

bc

Sorry, dont think we can, as an Arsenal fan whos had the dis/plesure of watching them destroy us on a couple of times now, I think not, The Chelsea Team performance was awesome.

Reals play against them in the last league game from One nil down and paticularly that winking tw*t Ronaldos game was excellent.

But make no mistake this is the best team in Europe by a long chalk, they were just having an off day. The only thing I would say is I dont think Sanchez is the missing link they hoped for.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    *shrugs*

Bright colours for trousers are the way to go. Have a red pair of jeans, so figured some chinos, one pair plain, one pair pistachio would work well.

look at my red trousers
  • rick_chasey
    *shrugs*

look at my red trousers

Already VEEERY familiar with that particular blog - long before I bought the trousers ;).

Disappointed I haven't been snapped in it.

Ironic that chelsea play in blue when all the locals wear red trousers! :P
  • alihisgreat
    *shrugs*

look at my red trousers

Already VEEERY familiar with that particular blog - long before I bought the trousers ;).

Disappointed I haven't been snapped in it.

Ironic that chelsea play in blue when all the locals wear red trousers! :P

You should start up 'look at my green trousers' haha

we ripped the crap out of our mate when he started wearing some bight grass-green jeans... i suppose pistachio green wouldn't be as bad though :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    I make it look good ;).
  • Just an observation:
    It is often said that most people connected to Chelsea football club would say John Terry has been a fantastic servant of Chelsea for many years, has been a real leader and captain on and off the field.
    Many football fans don't do a 'character assesment' of each player, merely base their opinion of the player from
    their playing ability and record.

As it happens his 'tackle' last night looked awful and unneccesary as I believe I chose to come out on tv and admit.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    I really hope Chelsea win the final and finish outside the top 4 if it means they get to claim the 4th places champions league spot. My thoroughly irrational hatered of Tottenham and thoroughly rational hatred of Newcastle will see me laughing so hard I will need medical attention.
  • alihisgreat
    I really hope Chelsea win the final and finish outside the top 4 if it means they get to claim the 4th places champions league spot. My thoroughly irrational hatered of Tottenham and thoroughly rational hatred of Newcastle will see me laughing so hard I will need medical attention.

If Chelsea rob Newcastle of a well deserved Champions League place it will be a travesty...

It doesn't matter how much you hate them.. you have to admit they are playing some amazing football at the moment.